Corsair Community

DDR4 - Larger Kits?

Zeplus

When can we expect pricing and or an announcement for larger DDR4 memory kits? Where are the 4x8, 8x8, 4x16 and 8x16 matched sets?

I'm planning an X99 build for September and looking forward to getting my hands on 64gb of D. Platinum for video editing, screen cap and CAD.

Okay, Now that the cat's out of the bag (X99 release) and a few more kits have been released (32GB) should I wait a few more days to see if you guys release a matched 64 GB kit or would it be safe to assume if I bought two 32s they would work well together?

I'm assuming since it is still quad channel memory a 64 GB kit would consist of two binned/matched 32 GB kits. Not sure if the two kits are matched to each other in the first place.

It's never recommended to mix memory as they're not tested together.

4 stick kits are tested 4 at a time.

Can we have an ETA on the 64GB kits then? More specifically, CMD64GX4M8A2800C16 or CMD64GX4M8A2400C14? My motherboard manual shows them as compatible, so surely they aren't too far away from being released?

• Administrators
Can we have an ETA on the 64GB kits then? More specifically, CMD64GX4M8A2800C16 or CMD64GX4M8A2400C14? My motherboard manual shows them as compatible, so surely they aren't too far away from being released?
No information available at this time. As modules are announced I'm updating the DDR4 sticky.

I was looking for CMD64GX4M8A2800C16 or CMD64GX4M8A2400C14 too but I cannot find them in Corsair website.

I was looking for CMD64GX4M8A2800C16 or CMD64GX4M8A2400C14 too but I cannot find them in Corsair website.

I can't find any information on them anywhere besides motherboard manuals.

Corsair, please list a few matched 64GB 8x8 kits for sale on your website if quantity is low. Or maybe send me a sample kit and I'll do a nice review. :cool:

What's the point of 128GB DDR4/16GB dimms early 2015, when we can't even buy 64GB now?

I'm personally going to wait for the platform to mature to see if it is even worth it for me to upgrade. I mean, I can pick up a 12 core Xeon if I really wanted more performance (X79) so, the 8 core doesn't really intrigue me all that much... but those Haswell-EP 18 cores... :drool:

Don't get me wrong, I love being on the bleeding edge of tech and being able to go through the growing pains, but I just can't afford to jump ship to another platform change at the moment. Also, I'd prefer to be able to utilize all the ram capable on the X99 platform, but again, growing pains. That's why we haven't seen crazy low latencies and awesome boundary pushing things like 5Ghz+ on RAM. That'll come with time as the platform matures. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived