Corsair Community

New iPro coolers

snapper69

Hi All, lately I have been wondering whether to install one of the new i Pro coolers into my case. I already have an H110i GT fitted with ML140 fans, with blue leds, which works pretty well, so I was wondering:

1) Will the 150i Pro fit in my case, preferably in the top?

2) Will either the 115i Pro or the 150i Pro actually be an improvement?

I suspect that I know the answer, but, to paraphrase Yoda, "the urge to install something new and shiny is strong within you padawan"

Any comments?

It looks like it will easily fit in the top though I can't say for certain (I don't have this case myself but it looks like a 360mm will fit in the top).

Will it be an improvement? From a cooling perspective, probably not. You aren't even close to saturating the cooling capacity of your current radiator. From an FPS perspective? Absolutely. You'll get about 50% higher FPS (Fun Per Second) from the better RGBz. The ML fans that come with the cooler are also extremely quiet ... so that may also be an improvement. You may see slightly lower radiator temps with the 150 as it will have more cooling capacity than the 110/115i.

Some perspective: I went from an H100i v2 to the H115i PRO. Max CPU temps are about the same, average temps over load are a degree or two less ... but max coolant temperature is 3C or so less.

I've already got ML140 fans.

I do realize that. The ML fans that come with the Pro coolers are, however, updated versions. They have lower RPMs and slightly better efficiency. And if you are running those ML fans over about 60-70%, you're getting diminishing returns on the cooling. So the lower speed winds up being quieter with equivalent efficiency.

Short version, minimal performance increase. Probably noise decrease. You can run a 360mm at low speeds and outperform a 280mm. With a 280mm and ML PRO fans, you can close that performance gap at speeds increase. Thus, the 360 is a quiet low noise option where you don't need to worry about fan speed at all.

Additional Data:

http://thermalbench.com/2018/01/08/corsair-hydro-h150i-pro-cpu-cooler/7/

Archived