Corsair Community

Why does CUE always switch profiles when it loses focus?

CUE version 2.15.83

Keyboard: K95 Platinum

I've got about 10 profiles setup, mostly for different keyboard colour maps based on which game I'm playing/app I'm using. Only one of them is a hardware profile.

I have CUE open right now and just clicked the 'White' profile - this is the hardware profile. It loads OK but as soon as I change window focus back to Chrome, CUE changes the profile back to 'Outlast 2'. That game isn't even running right now.

This used to happen with CUE always selecting another profile so I thought it might be a bad profile. I deleted that profile and CUE just started selecting another game.

If I select the 'Alien Isolation' profile then come back here to Chrome, CUE just goes straight back to the 'Outlast 2' profile.

'Outlast 2' isn't the first profile in the list - it's about 1/4 of the way down the list.

There's only one profile that doesn't switch back to 'Outlast 2' when I select it - 'Inside'. If I select that profile, it stays selected. None of the others do.

On top of all this, CUE seems to constantly crash for minutes at a time. It eventually comes back but then sometimes says no devices are found.

What is causing this?

Secondary question ... when it Corsair Sync It coming out? It was shown way back in May (or so) and I've seen no mention of it since. I'm hoping that resolves some of the functionality and stability problems.

Thanks

This has been a growing problem for me since 2.14 and it continues on with 2.16. When I exit a program with a linked CUE profile, it may revert back to a profile that is not the default/1st program on the top of the list. There is no pattern (4th one down, same profile every time, etc.). Once I manually click the top profile it will stay, but it is a bit annoying to have to do this each time. This is not 100% frequency, but often enough to be an irritant. I have deleted the links and re-linked the few programs with assigned profiles, but that did not affect the situation. I suppose of note is this was never an issue for the first 10-12 versions of CUE 2, but it has become one on lately.

This has been a growing problem for me since 2.14 and it continues on with 2.16. When I exit a program with a linked CUE profile, it may revert back to a profile that is not the default/1st program on the top of the list. There is no pattern (4th one down, same profile every time, etc.). Once I manually click the top profile it will stay, but it is a bit annoying to have to do this each time. This is not 100% frequency, but often enough to be an irritant. I have deleted the links and re-linked the few programs with assigned profiles, but that did not affect the situation. I suppose of note is this was never an issue for the first 10-12 versions of CUE 2, but it has become one on lately.

Ok cool. Good to know I'm not the only one having issues with CUE. It's one of the most unreliable and unstable pieces of software I've ever used.

I did something similar - went back to an earlier version. 2.13 in my case and the problems almost seem to be worse.

Now, when I select a profile, it seems to load a completely different profile. E.g. loading Doom shows the colour scheme for RE7. The profiles look fine in the app i.e. the mappings are correct. The results are random, though.

I'm pretty close to ditching all this Corsair gear and reverting everything back to Aura-supported devices. Aura has been flawless from day 1 ... too bad there are no Aura fans that I can find.

Hmm.. I may have to amend my previous statement. It does seem to go to the same profile repeatedly, even when I move its rank in the list. It's not permanent. Last week it kept going to a green/white color I used as the default last month. This week is another profile I used as the default for one day about two weeks ago. I have moved it to 5 different positions in the queue and it keeps popping up after I exit the linked program. Perhaps it is somehow tagging these profiles or they are not losing their default tag. It doesn't do this on boot or if I restart CUE. I suppose it's something more elusive.

EDIT: I moved every single profile in the stack to a new position, exited CUE, shutdown, cold boot, and then loaded up the linked application. It still found the same "incorrect" default profile, 22 places down. Deleting the "tagged" profile it prefers to switch to brought things back into alignment.

Hmm.. I may have to amend my previous statement. It does seem to go to the same profile repeatedly, even when I move its rank in the list. It's not permanent. Last week it kept going to a green/white color I used as the default last month. This week is another profile I used as the default for one day about two weeks ago. I have moved it to 5 different positions in the queue and it keeps popping up after I exit the linked program. Perhaps it is somehow tagging these profiles or they are not losing their default tag. It doesn't do this on boot or if I restart CUE. I suppose it's something more elusive.

I initially thought it might be because of an action I'd added but I checked them all. No actions on any of my profiles.

The flicking back and forth has become so annoying that I've deleted all my profiles and am sitting here using the single profile that's left (the white one). Oh well.

I am also having this same issue, and posted this under another discussion thread. I have till next week to return all my corsair gear, and I'm probably going to do so. I love the k95 plat keyboard, but I didn't pay $200 for this level of crap.

Are the profiles you are using user created profiles imported into CUE?

If so, do you have a link to them?

One of them is the most downloaded "Overwatch" profile on the CUE download page, and the other is just the regular "Default" profile on the CUE software.

I am also having this same issue, and posted this under another discussion thread. I have till next week to return all my corsair gear, and I'm probably going to do so. I love the k95 plat keyboard, but I didn't pay $200 for this level of crap.

Great hardware (mostly), worst software I've ever used.

I'm picking up my complete Corsair-replacement "kit" tomorrow. Keyboard, mouse, fans. Not a single Corsair item among them.

Like you, I didn't pay this sort of money for stuff that doesn't do what it says on the box.

Possibly a little drastic. Deleting the "tagged" profile and then re-loading the saved copy has made things work as expected again. Best guess is those two profiles of mine unintentionally retained their default tag from the time when they were the default profile. It was more than one, so the pattern was not immediately clear. However, you are certainly free to see how other products fare.

Possibly a little drastic. Deleting the "tagged" profile and then re-loading the saved copy has made things work as expected again. Best guess is those two profiles of mine unintentionally retained their default tag from the time when they were the default profile. It was more than one, so the pattern was not immediately clear. However, you are certainly free to see how other products fare.

Drastic by necessity, yes.

I've tried everything, including deleting all profiles, removing CUE, reinstalling CUE (and selecting the option to remove user data), creating a single profile then creating another one. None of those work. It still won't stick on a profile when focus changes and shows random profiles when apps start.

And sure, I'm free to try other options but the point was more that things shouldn't be this way. The experience has been so bad for me (and I'm pretty technical) that I can't imagine what it's like for anyone not overly technical.

Ensure your default profile is the very first on the list, and is also saved as a hardware profile.

Save the second one as your second hardware profile.

Save the third one as your third hardware profile.

Verify that when CUE is running and in focus, that pressing M1/M2/M3 switches between the profiles.

Ensure that your Default profile/M1 is NOT associated with any program.

Ensure your default profile is the very first on the list, and is also saved as a hardware profile.

Save the second one as your second hardware profile.

Save the third one as your third hardware profile.

Verify that when CUE is running and in focus, that pressing M1/M2/M3 switches between the profiles.

Ensure that your Default profile/M1 is NOT associated with any program.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that - much appreciated.

I don't have any Corsair peripherals connected anymore but I'm fairly sure I tried all the above. Hardware profiles were working as normal, that's 100% certain. They weren't associated with any programs, either.

Archived