Recommended Modules

Most Popular:

TWINX1024-3200C2 / DDR-400 (PC-3200) / *2-3-3-6 / 2.5-3-3-6

Best Overclocking:

TWINX1024-4400C25 / DDR-550 (XMS-4400) / 2.5-4-4-8

Lowest Latency:

TWINX1024-3200XL / DDR-400 (PC-3200) / 2-2-2-5

------------ result end -----------------

Translated into the real world solutions There's a choice between the two PC-3200 models.

He doesn't plan to overclock and is a true gamer.

With that in mind should the final answer to his quest be this one ??

Lowest Latency:

TWINX1024-3200XL / DDR-400 (PC-3200) / 2-2-2-5

Follow up:

As this is dualchannel RAM what's the benefits of this on a non dual channel motherboard. Is there any real gains selecting that contra "ordinary" RAM from Corsair of course.

TIA

Johan

The XLs would be recommended, correct. It is not dual channel memory, for there is no such thing. Dual / single channel memory is a property of the memory controller. The TwinX packs are just tested in pairs to ensure that the timings that they are rated at when by themselves will also work when paired up. This is beneficial regardless of the memory mode.

contra "ordinary"?

• Corsair Employee
TWINX1024-3200XL will run great in this MB, but I would suggest you use them in slots 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the Rass to Cass to "3" and you should have no problems. And with most MB's now, when you use more than one module you have to use modules that are exactly matched, or the system may not run properly. Another choice would be one CMX1024-3200C2 as that would be a single module at Cass 2.5-3-3-6, not quite as fast as our XL's but the difference would be nominal with this chipset.

I personally have

2 x 512MB PC4400 ppt

an

2 x PC 4000 Pro (with led's)

(couldn't get the PC4400 here at the time)

But thinking of it PC4000 is OK if you're only cooling with air.

I have had the PC4400 and a Prescott 2,8 running nicely at 3,4GHz (and the SP94 heatsink with a 92mm Zalmann) but Prescott has a bad tendency of getting steaming hot.

So I'm retirering the Prescot as "home multimedia & what do I know server" and putting the PC4000 in that one and moving the PC4400 to my new MSI K8N neo2 Plat. 54G MoBO.

And I don't think I can resist some "SERIOUS" cooling for that ;-) Lets see how far those PC4400 sticks can "travel" with a AMD64 - 3500+ CPU !!! ;-)

Suggestions is welcome

I do have both of above mentioned RAM

And you might search for you recommendations around march this year to my first request that was about the PC4400 RAM's

Not sure but I don't think the PC4400 C2.5 was available in March, so that would have influenced the recommendations.

Mike.

Archived