Upgrading from H150i to Capellix

Baio

Hi everybody,

I'm going to upgrade as in title.

This is the current configuration:

Schema-Corsair.jpg

And this is what I'm plannig to do:

Diagramma-nuovo.jpg

I must still decide if it's better to connect the CoCo into the CoPro or in the hub... don't know if there are differences.

I'm gonna leave the 3 ML fans without RGB control, as I'll install the AIO in the top of the case, so there is no need to turn their illumination on.

I'll plug the back fan RGB cable into the CoPro to allow a single effect (I'm using Visor at the moment). I also have a third-part adapter, so I could plug the 3 ML RGB into the CoCo and pair the back fan RGB with one of the QL, but this will just replicate the effect, I suppose it's not good to see.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Baio

EDIT: forgot to write that Lian Li case and RGB cables need an adapter to be connected into CoPro's LED ports.

Edited by Baio

It shouldn't matter if you use the C-Pro or the USB hub for the Commander Core, but you also have a x570 MB so you never know. Sometimes the pass through is problematic.

Other than that, I think you're all set and you know the system pretty well. I have not used one of those strimmer things, but it should be like any other LED strip. Does it go to the case RGB controller first, then share a common D-RGB out with the front LED? Or does it go straight to a D-RGB channel or Corsair RGB with adapter?

Hi c-attack, thanks for your replay.

It shouldn't matter if you use the C-Pro or the USB hub for the Commander Core, but you also have a x570 MB so you never know. Sometimes the pass through is problematic.

I don't know if it's the same for the CoCo, I've read somewhere that having it connected to the CoPro means it does not show in iCue.

Anyway, I've already have the USB hub and still need it, so, I'm gonna see how the cable management is better.

Other than that, I think you're all set and you know the system pretty well. I have not used one of those strimmer things, but it should be like any other LED strip. Does it go to the case RGB controller first, then share a common D-RGB out with the front LED? Or does it go straight to a D-RGB channel or Corsair RGB with adapter?

I still don't have the 2 strimmer so it's hard to say at the moment... I've read this thread (

Li_o11_xl_10_ql_h150i_capellix_2/) and both options seem possible. I think I'm gonna use 1 Pirate's Dog adapter for the case and connect it to the CoPro, and then use the Lian Li box to manage the 2 strimmers. It should result in better RGB management.

Baio

Edited by Baio

The Strimer Plus will work with the Corsair to Aura adapter from PDT. You'll connect the adapter to the Strimer Plus control box and set it to motherboard control mode. For the Strimer Plus with just the ATX cable, it's 20 LEDs (2 strips). If adding the PCIe extension, it's 27 LEDs (3 strips, with the last 3 LEDs ignored).

Note that adapters will not work with the Commander Core.

The Strimer Plus will work with the Corsair to Aura adapter from PDT. You'll connect the adapter to the Strimer Plus control box and set it to motherboard control mode. For the Strimer Plus with just the ATX cable, it's 20 LEDs (2 strips). If adding the PCIe extension, it's 27 LEDs (3 strips, with the last 3 LEDs ignored).

Note that adapters will not work with the Commander Core.

Thanks DevBiker.

So iCue will detect them, but I'll be able to set all the effects avaliable within iCue? I suppose the predefined effects from Lian Li are better, but still haven't them, so I can't tell for sure.

Baio