Corsair Community

K90 Not Recognized Windows 7 64-bit, Works on Windows XP

MrVollmer

Just purchased a K90 to use with gaming, but ran into a small snag.

I plugged my K90 into my Windows 7 (64-bit) PC, and it was recognized. However, I tried to run the firmware update, and there were issues, so I tried to unplug/replug the device (perhaps my first mistake?). I changed ports while at it, and mistakenly plugged the K90 into a USB3.0 port the second time. Since then, the K90 is not recognized on my system, no matter what I try. Everytime it is plugged in, the device driver fails to install.

However, I took it to a Windows XP machine, and it was immediately recognized, and I then ran the firmware update. Works fine on that computer, but still refuses to work on my 7 machine.

Any suggestions? I have scanned through the forums (and also done a few Google searches), and tried things that looked similar, but to no avail.

Actually, after rebooting a second time after the System Restore (I was prompted to by Windows, update or something), I plugged the K90 in, and it just took off, no problems. I have no idea what changed. I'll keep an eye on things, but it seems at this point that everything is working (I'm typing on it right now). Software is working, LEDs are on, volume roller works fine. Thanks for the suggestion(s) Toasted, looks like that took care of things!

As a note, the manually installing drivers refused to work prior to the System Restore, it claimed the device "already had the newest drivers installed", albeit for an unknown device. After the 2nd reboot (after the restore), I didn't have to do anything manually at all.

Archived