Corsair Community

Corsair VOID wireless - not charging

juul

I just got the headset and I cant seem to get it charging.. In the manual it says it will pulse in a colour associated with the battery status (even when off)... it does no such thing.. if i turn it on while plugged in it will show solid green but as soon as I remove the charging cable it startes to glow red.. its been "charging" for 6 hours now still goes red as soon as i remove the cable and while turned off it has no indication of being charged or what level of battery its currently at..

Can anyone help?

Edited by juul

okay... force update firmware seemed to work for the most part... its now charging and got to fully charged almost right away.. its still not pulsing colours according to battery lvl though

If the headset is working fine, i wouldn't worry about the charging indicator leds.

If you want, try a different charging cable (microUSB) and USB port and see whether that changes how the charging indicator led behaves. Though if it was something firmware related, i doubt it will affect it.

I have to jump on board here with similar issues.

I can use the Corsair Wireless plugged in via USB. Audio, Headphones are awesome. I have updated the firmware to the latest 38.01, I have even tried forcing firmware update to 38.01 again. After the update the headset blinks red to indicate charging then after a while it blinks different colours. Then I thought hey it's charged.

As soon as I unplug the device from the USB, it doesn't turn on. then it doesn't go back to charging either. I can force firmware again then it starts charging and blinking red.

Is there another firmware I can test? Or do I have a faulty headset that needs returning? Just bought it few days ago. I purchased the wireless version thinking not having to have wires would be pretty convenient.

• 3 years later...
I have to jump on board here with similar issues.

I can use the Corsair Wireless plugged in via USB. Audio, Headphones are awesome. I have updated the firmware to the latest 38.01, I have even tried forcing firmware update to 38.01 again. After the update the headset blinks red to indicate charging then after a while it blinks different colours. Then I thought hey it's charged.

As soon as I unplug the device from the USB, it doesn't turn on. then it doesn't go back to charging either. I can force firmware again then it starts charging and blinking red.

Is there another firmware I can test? Or do I have a faulty headset that needs returning? Just bought it few days ago. I purchased the wireless version thinking not having to have wires would be pretty convenient.

Same here. Did you ever get this fixed?