Corsair Community

Have issues? Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide

Inheritance

have a problem with my k70 rgb lux with brown switches.

recently the keys that I use the most for gaming (WASD) seems to be sunk in. as I'm typing this, the white plastic part on my S key broke off and is now loose. I've only owned this since Christmas time and it's already showing signs of wear with random keys being higher or lower than the others. Is it like this or should I contact customer service about this?

You should contact Corsair Support about this.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Macros won't work for my Sabre RGB anymore... Have the latest CUE version... Running firmware 2.04 on the Sabre. (is there any new firmware for it because CUE doesn't show me any updates at all whether its CUE itself or firmware updates)

EDIT: Wow, just rebooted my PC... seems to work now again xD

Edited by Aquilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have an issue in recognition of my Gaming K70 Rapidfire RBG CH-101014-CH Version

When I start up my computer the keyboard is only displaying the red/white colour. CUE is set to auto-start, so I open CUE but there is "no device found" please connect a device! So I shut down the CUE and restart CUE and then the Keyboard is found....I need to do this every time I start up the computer...which is not convenient at all...any Help?

Platform: Windows 7 64-Bit

Mainboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1

Processor: i7-5820K

Mouse: Logitech G900

CUE Version: 2.12.66

keyboards FIRMW.: 2.05

Here I post a Log when I start up the computer:

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init: CUE version: 2.12.66

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init: Updates server: https://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init: Build type: Public Release

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init: Applicaiton ID: 2896

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init.font: Using Regular text font family: "Open Sans"

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.init.font: Using Title text font family: "Gotham Bold"

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.session: Locked changed to true

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.session: Connected changed to true

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.session: Local changed to true

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order deserialization started: "C:\\Users\\Phil\\AppData\\Roaming/Corsair/CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order deserialization finished: "C:\\Users\\Phil\\AppData\\Roaming/Corsair/CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"

2017-05-07T15:05:21 I cue.action.macro.win: Init time: 0.420935 (init: 3.1e-07 reset: 0.0155667 )

2017-05-07T15:13:45 I cue.init.ui: Starting UI.

2017-05-07T15:13:45 W cue.thread: Can't rename main thread.

2017-05-07T15:13:46 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_344(0xccadb68) must be a top level window.

2017-05-07T15:13:46 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_344(0xccadb68) must be a top level window.

2017-05-07T15:13:46 W qrc:/qml/ui/accordion/LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItem.qml:453:12: QML LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItemToolbar: Binding loop detected for property "applyFromLibraryEnabled"

http://www.dongiatti.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Settings_k70_cue_1.png

Any help? I spent hours to find a solution...

I mean i typed all this post on this Keyboard...so it’s kind of working, but I mean the auto recognition should also work..

What I did:

Switched all kinds of combination from USB 3.1/3.0/2.0/1

I formatted the windows SSD

USB Drivers are up to date

kind regards

Phil

Edited by Technobeard
changed to link

Hi Phil 87,

I have a K70 RGB which was on CUE 1 software for ages until I just purchased the Glaive mouse which required CUE2 to work. So I upgraded to CUE2 and the problems began like yours. At first boot all was fine, but as soon as you log off/change windows user/log back on, no hardware detected.

I'm on Windows 7 pro x64 like you.

My way around this at first was the same as you (exit CUE software from system tray then restart it - mouse and keyboard now show, until next reboot or logout etc anyway).

After hours of testing, updating BIOS, USB drivers etc, nothing worked until I discovered a work around. Right click on the CUE software icon on desktop or start menu, compatibility tab, tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Winows 7" from the drop down list! Stupid huh but it seems to work. If you have more than one user on your PC, use the "Change settings for all users" option and set Windows 7. Log off, logon, switch users, reboot all work for me now so give it a go.

Whilst I was troubleshooting this for 2 days I logged a ticket with Corsair - after 3 days they replied with this:

"Sorry about the delay. CUE is designed around Windows 10 primarily. Although, this is seems to be a unique situation. Can I confirm you have the latest motherboard chipset and USB drivers installed for your motherboard? Also try disabling "USB selective suspend setting" in Window's Power Option menu."

My PC is all up to date, but I haven't tried the selective suspend setting yet.

So it looks like us Windows 7 users may be getting neglected as time goes on and will be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 real soon, which I'm reluctant to do just yet.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone with same symptoms, would be good to know if this works for others or not. Good luck!

Thanks, it seems the option does not exist for the Strafe RGB.

Ah the Strafe RGB has a new LED controller so any flickering you see would be caused by your USB controller dropping packets. Try checking for BIOS, USB controller, and chipset updates.

Well .. CUE used to work fairly ok ... except it would crash the keyboard if you tried to use a VM. ...

This new version .. well ... now it will crash the keyboard just about any time .. usually when you use simple color changes like on a key that you want to "toggle" the color .. one color when pressed once .. then back to original when pressed again .. (basically used for macros so you can tell when the macro is on and running) ...

I guess you decided to turn over CUE to the Link programmers even though they have proven that they do not have a clue about programming. Now CUE is just as much of a piece of junk software as Link .. a program that I have reported the same bug since v2.7 (over a year).. the bug still exists and has been ignored even though it can cause serious damage to components connected through the Link software.

You know .. you charge a premium for average hardware because of the name "Corsair" used to stand for quality but if you continue to hire monkeys to program your software ... that name isn't going to hold much weight anymore... Right now ... I basically hate Corsair products because I have two of them and now they both are garbage because of the software. So continue at the rate you are going .. and the Corsair name will be known for garbage instead of quality... I know I tell all my clients to avoid Corsair products.

Now fix the CUE program so I don't have to unplug and plug in my keyboard 5 times a day to get the red mark off the tray icon and have my macros work again ... and fix Link ... a lot of us do put our computers to sleep instead of turning them off. I have stopped reporting the bug about the fan not being changed to "fixed 40%" after coming out of sleep because you obviously can give two ṣḫḭṯṩ about your FLAWED AX760i.. but I guess that's proven since you are still selling the AXi series even though it has been proven that it has a major design flaw.

Ah the Strafe RGB has a new LED controller so any flickering you see would be caused by your USB controller dropping packets. Try checking for BIOS, USB controller, and chipset updates.
Yes, I've tried it on 3 different systems, all with the same problem. Both my previous Keyboard and the new keyboard I got from RMA (same keys, same frequency). I guess it only functions 100% with brand new USB controllers?

One other simple question, is it normal that saving your profile to the Corsair Strafe does not safe the Windows Lock Key at the right top? This one is always bright white/bright cyan unless CUE is running.

Yes, I've tried it on 3 different systems, all with the same problem. Both my previous Keyboard and the new keyboard I got from RMA (same keys, same frequency). I guess it only functions 100% with brand new USB controllers?

One other simple question, is it normal that saving your profile to the Corsair Strafe does not safe the Windows Lock Key at the right top? This one is always bright white/bright cyan unless CUE is running.

If only it functioned 100% with brand new controllers D:

It's mostly down to the drivers you have installed and if the controller chip was designed and implemented correctly. I've heard people buying an old 30$ add-in USB card for their 4-year-old top of the line mobo because the manufacturer decided to get fancy with their ports and add all sorts of crap in. If your having intense flickering a 10-20$ card with good reviews on amazon might be a solution.

It should save the lighting option, IDK if they took that option out or something or if its just broken for you but ill check and ask someone.

If only it functioned 100% with brand new controllers D:

It's mostly down to the drivers you have installed and if the controller chip was designed and implemented correctly. I've heard people buying an old 30$ add-in USB card for their 4-year-old top of the line mobo because the manufacturer decided to get fancy with their ports and add all sorts of crap in. If your having intense flickering a 10-20$ card with good reviews on amazon might be a solution.

It should save the lighting option, IDK if they took that option out or something or if its just broken for you but ill check and ask someone.

Nothing intense, just it happens like every minute or 2. I could try with some PCI-E USB slots I guess. Though they won't run any other drivers than the standard Windows drivers driving my current motherboard USB ports.

I can save the lighting options, but it saves it for everything except for the Windows Lock Key at the upper right of the Strafe (Next to the brightness button).

Edited by Critiko
Typo

Nothing intense, just it happens like every minute or 2. I could try with some PCI-E USB slots I guess. Though they won't run any other drivers than the standard Windows drivers driving my current motherboard USB ports.

I can save the lighting options, but it saves it for everything except for the Windows Lock Key at the upper right of the Strafe (Next to the brightness button).

Try plugging in the keyboard with the Page Up and Page Down keys held down. Wait for the indicator lights to flash and CUE should prompt you to flash the firmware. If CUE does not prompt you, manually update the firmware.

Edited by Inheritance

Try plugging in the keyboard with the Page Up and Page Down keys held down. Wait for the indicator lights to flash and CUE should prompt you to flash the firmware. If CUE does not prompt you, manually update the firmware.
I did it and now it works half. The "On" color will successfully show the right color when saved to device. The off color is pure white no matter what I set it to in the software and save after I set it to something.

Actually, the OFF state becomes the color I choose it + white. So if I set it to RED the color will be white with a red-ish tint. If I set it to Green the color becomes white with a tint of Green. Kinda becomes my chosen color + white added to it.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Critiko

I did it and now it works half. The "On" color will successfully show the right color when saved to device. The off color is pure white no matter what I set it to in the software and save after I set it to something.

Actually, the OFF state becomes the color I choose it + white. So if I set it to RED the color will be white with a red-ish tint. If I set it to Green the color becomes white with a tint of Green. Kinda becomes my chosen color + white added to it.

That's bizarre. I'll follow up with a dev, but go ahead and submit a ticket with Corsair Support if you haven't already done so. They should have a few more troubleshooting steps for you to try.

That's bizarre. I'll follow up with a dev, but go ahead and submit a ticket with Corsair Support if you haven't already done so. They should have a few more troubleshooting steps for you to try.
I have been in conversation with support about my flickering keys. I guess I can add that as well. I think they will suggest another RMA :(:

I have been in conversation with support about my flickering keys. I guess I can add that as well. I think they will suggest another RMA :(:

That's all the can offer for the flickering keys. Its not something they can fix on their end.

That's all the can offer for the flickering keys. Its not something they can fix on their end.
I guess, I'd expect them to be able to debug it using their corsair software. Verify it is actually an USB driver failure or the Keyboard.

To me when my RMA'd keyboard behaves exactly the same the odds of getting a broken Keyboard twice is kinda low.. Unless there was a bad line which was later fixed but my Vendor supplied me with another one of those bad keyboards they still had stocked up for my RMA... So I am kind of hoping it's just my USB driver... but then it happens on my other systems and on my friend's system, so I am not sure about anything. Did not expect my first Mechanical Keyboard to be such a headache lol... Maybe should not have went with a fancy RGB version.

Edit: Support says there is not enough memory on-board to save the OFF state of the winlock key.

Edit2: Which does not make any sense since the color is changing slightly and when you use the default one and save it to the keyboard it uses both red and cyan colors...

Edited by Critiko

• 1 month later...

I just bought a K65 Rapidfire and I'm having issues with the CUE2.

Downloaded the latest version from Corsair, it starts the CUE, but as soon as I click the K65 icon the CUE2 just crashes. I could use it by selecting the pooling rate to 500 Hz on the back switch, but I still get issues, I can access the options, but the big keyboard image with all the keys and colors to select just don't show.

I tested older versions, going back to 2.14, 2.13, 2.12 and 2.11, but still the same problem, then I decide to go for the first version, 2.4.66, that version works just fine!

Any idea? Will I have to stick with the oldest version of CUE2?

I have this problem when i try to link multiple actions to each other. I have one action that runs the macro: "(windows key) +R" then i linked it to another action, this time a type action with the "second action" option. The text then writes the program directory I want to launch and presses enter. Until this point everything is fine, then, i try to link the second action to the third wich moves the mouse and clicks. this does not work, the macro stops at the second action even tho it's all linked correctly. Is there an option that I need to enable? Or is this a bug? Any advice would be helpful.