Inheritance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys so I'm using Macros to set up an effect where when a certain key is pressed a ripple is played across the entire keyboard. But when other keys in that group are hit nothing happens. I'll break this post down as much as I can so it's clear.

What I've done

1.What I have done so far is made the ripple effect I want and named it "KP Ripple", and selected the entire keyboard as the group. Note: this ripple effect has "Play from pressed key" enabled.

2. Created two actions named KP0 On and KP0 Off

KP0 On :Press key Keypad_0

With Start settings: Lighting - KP Ripple

Advanced settings: Action trigger - On press

Second Action - KP0 Off

KP0 Off :Release key Keypad_0

With Advanced settings: Action trigger - On release

KP0 On is then bound to Keypad_0

Why I've done it

This works by when the "Keypad_0" key is pressed down, it calls the first action (KP0 On), which plays the ripple and then types the number "0" (so I can still use the key normally), then automatically calls the second action thanks to the "secondaction:KP0 OFF" setting.

The second action (KP0 Off) will now be run when the key is released, this action stops the "0" from being typed, so that it doesn't just constantly type "0" forever.

I then turn the lighting effect "KP Ripple" off on the Lighting effect pannel. So it doesn't run when any of they other keys are pressed. But the actions run when Keypad 0 is hit and the "KP Ripple" effect is played.

The Problem

Now this works as expected... Except, when the "Keypad_0" key is hit, the Ripple effect starts from the center of the keyboard to the edges and not from the Keypad_0 key. If I go back into the Lighting effects tab, and turn "Play from pressed key" off and back on again it half fixes it.

What I mean By half fixing, is now, it sort of doubles up, starting two ripple effects, one from the center, and one playing from the pressed key.

After this the program breaks further. If I turn the ripple effect back ON in the lighting effect tab, it then breaks the whole thing. Where it glitches out, and won't get turned back off, even if the "KP ripple" effect is shown to be off, it still is triggered when I press any key. This is only fixed if I quit and relaunch the program, where I'm back to having the effect run from the center of the board dispite the "run from pressed key" thing ticked.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in CUE 2.

Anyone have any help fixing this bug?

TL:DR Ripple effect wont "play from pressed key" when run from Lighting start settings in actions.

CUE 1 there are option to play macro

like action repeat

~on/off (toggle)

~while pressed

~etc

but on CUE 2. there no option to do that

Most of these seem to be under "Record settings","Start settings" and "advanced settings'. These are found When in Actions, in the window underneath the picture of the keyboard when you have a macro created. They represented by a picture of Gears, a flag and a screwdriver and spanner respectively.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyho!

I've purchased a new Strafe RGB MX Silent keyboard, but I can't get the sidelighting to work... Even if I turn them on in CUE (tried the old 1.x version and the newest 2.x one) and the program shows that they are on, they won't activate on the keyboard.

I'm using Windows 10 and the keyboard is attached to USB 3.0 ports.

I already tried looking for this issue in the forum and on Google, but I can only find threads with people struggeling to turn them off or change their color :(

Do you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Arcman

Heyho!

I've purchased a new Strafe RGB MX Silent keyboard, but I can't get the sidelighting to work... Even if I turn them on in CUE (tried the old 1.x version and the newest 2.x one) and the program shows that they are on, they won't activate on the keyboard.

I'm using Windows 10 and the keyboard is attached to USB 3.0 ports.

I already tried looking for this issue in the forum and on Google, but I can only find threads with people struggeling to turn them off or change their color :(

Do you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

They might be broken. Try the keyboard in another computer if possible.

If you can control everything but the sidelights using CUE 2 then its very likely the 2 side lights are dead.

I would contact Corsair Support if it refuses to turn on when plugged in to another computer.

They might be broken. Try the keyboard in another computer if possible.

If you can control everything but the sidelights using CUE 2 then its very likely the 2 side lights are dead.

I would contact Corsair Support if it refuses to turn on when plugged in to another computer.

Thanks!

Tomorrow I'll try it on another computer and keep you up to date.

/Edit (one day later): I have to return it and get a new one... we will see if that helps ;-)

Edited by Arcman

Hello all!

I have a problem with my corsair K70 rapid fire as well as my M65 Pro...

When i try to create a profile with the lightinglink, it works until i restart my pc..

When it reboots, the profile i created is still there but without any effects...

Also, the CUE2 software feels very laggy when the rainbow effect is displayed on the screen... Anyone has a fix for that?

I tried unistalling, reinstalling, but nothing....

Thank you very much!

Hello all!

I have a problem with my corsair K70 rapid fire as well as my M65 Pro...

When i try to create a profile with the lightinglink, it works until i restart my pc..

When it reboots, the profile i created is still there but without any effects...

Also, the CUE2 software feels very laggy when the rainbow effect is displayed on the screen... Anyone has a fix for that?

I tried unistalling, reinstalling, but nothing....

Thank you very much!

What version of CUE are you running?

What are the firmware versions on the devices?

Please list your system specs. Including OS.

I purchased, installed the corsair keyboard software, and the original red keys with white WASD has been lost. Is there any way to get this original color profile back as an option? Right now all my options include animations.

No, but its not to hard to recreate yourself. It use to be the default profile layout.

The latest version of cue has given me nothing but grief, every time i restarts it goes back to the first lighting profile on the list even if i move the one i want to the front and save it to the keyboard. the software is very lagy and its just an unpleasant experience all together. Am i doing something wrong or is this a problem for everyone Edited by zeldaiscool
no clear question

The latest version of cue has given me nothing but grief, every time i restarts it goes back to the first lighting profile on the list even if i move the one i want to the front and save it to the keyboard. the software is very lagy and its just an unpleasant experience all together. Am i doing something wrong or is this a problem for everyone

the profile bug was fixed in the last patch. If you having this issue i would recommend reinstalling CUE.

As for the lag is your CPU maxed out when it's lagging?

• 3 weeks later...

When I logged on my PC this morning, none of my keybinds bound to the 12-button on the scimitar were working, so I tried to update the software. I was running 2.6.79 release, but the onboard updater was failing, so I downloaded the 2.8.70 and installed it. First, during install i got a BSOD for an IRQ plus or minus error. After i rebooted, the software didnt launch so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and this time it launched, but as soon as i tried using my 12-button, they would stop responding, and at the same time i heard audio interference/static on my Void headset as well.

The keybinds on the 12 button were acting like they were being held down (for example, i had them bound to numpad 1-9 and upon pressing them, it would just spam the number keys in a text editor). This stopped as soon as I closed the CUE software, but when I reopened it, it started again. I am in the process of wiping appdata and registry entries with this reinstall, but my wife has my old M65 RGB and is having similar issues on her PC as well. Is this a problem with the most recent update?

Anyone else having issues updating firmware on their K95 RGB with the current release of CUE? I tried to update it when I finished my new computer build but it just gets stuck at 3% and stays there.

Should I just go back to the old version of CUE or is there any workarounds.

When I logged on my PC this morning, none of my keybinds bound to the 12-button on the scimitar were working, so I tried to update the software. I was running 2.6.79 release, but the onboard updater was failing, so I downloaded the 2.8.70 and installed it. First, during install i got a BSOD for an IRQ plus or minus error. After i rebooted, the software didnt launch so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and this time it launched, but as soon as i tried using my 12-button, they would stop responding, and at the same time i heard audio interference/static on my Void headset as well.

The keybinds on the 12 button were acting like they were being held down (for example, i had them bound to numpad 1-9 and upon pressing them, it would just spam the number keys in a text editor). This stopped as soon as I closed the CUE software, but when I reopened it, it started again. I am in the process of wiping appdata and registry entries with this reinstall, but my wife has my old M65 RGB and is having similar issues on her PC as well. Is this a problem with the most recent update?

try recreating the profile and the actions. There was a update with the XML layout that might be at fault. All the devs are off till after new years.

Anyone else having issues updating firmware on their K95 RGB with the current release of CUE? I tried to update it when I finished my new computer build but it just gets stuck at 3% and stays there.

Should I just go back to the old version of CUE or is there any workarounds.

Check the CUE 1 FAQ for some things to try.

My Strafe RGB MX Red is not working. all leds turn on, but all keys dont respond on my commands. :/

Edit:

I tried F1 + Win Lock but without success. (BIOS mode?)

Then I tried F1 + Win Lock + Tab / Caps Lock / Shift / Left CTRL (I can't remember which of these keys) and it worked normal.

Edited by LeandroHunter

My Strafe RGB MX Red is not working. all leds turn on, but all keys dont respond on my commands. :/

Edit:

I tried F1 + Win Lock but without success. (BIOS mode?)

Then I tried F1 + Win Lock + Tab / Caps Lock / Shift / Left CTRL (I can't remember which of these keys) and it worked normal.

Escape + win lock? I think :confused::confused: