The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 876762
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Update: Those who have submitted dumps, an analysis shows that the actual cause of the issue is related to Nvidia video drivers, specifically a .dll file that is causing the error. We still need as many dump files as possible to do more investigation.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 10-25-2016, 01:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876769
terabyte Reputation: 44

Nvidia drivers 375.57 were pulled because they were causing all kind of issues, especially on Win 10. There is a new 375.63 version out, anyone still using .57 should upgrade asap to .63. Maybe the BSOD issue is related to that as well.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:12 PM
eagle132's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876991
eagle132 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Update: Those who have submitted dumps, an analysis shows that the actual cause of the issue is related to Nvidia video drivers, specifically a .dll file that is causing the error. We still need as many dump files as possible to do more investigation.
Hello and thank you for taking action with the 2.5 software. I would like to chime in and say that I do not have an Nvidia GPU (I have a Radeon R9 390), so I do not have Nvidia drivers installed.

I suppose maybe the exact same issue could be caused my the AMD drivers? That would seem unlikely, but possible.

I just wanted to supply that information. I am still running 2.4.66 and having to do a repair install every couple days when the Macros stop working.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:53 PM

POST ID # = 876993
Stevensaur Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
Nvidia drivers 375.57 were pulled because they were causing all kind of issues, especially on Win 10. There is a new 375.63 version out, anyone still using .57 should upgrade asap to .63. Maybe the BSOD issue is related to that as well.
Hey, I've been struggling with this issue recently. It's incredible frustrating that a keyboard driver can cause such catastrophic problems... Anyway, I'm running the newest NVIDIA drivers (375.63), and still getting a blue screen halfway through installing Corsair Utility Engine. The same problem occurs when installing CUE 2.4.66 as when installing CUE 1.16.42. Is there any way to fix this problem? I purchased this keyboard for the lighting profiles, and I'm stuck with the default one until this issue is resolved. I have a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:40 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 876998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensaur View Post
Hey, I've been struggling with this issue recently. It's incredible frustrating that a keyboard driver can cause such catastrophic problems... Anyway, I'm running the newest NVIDIA drivers (375.63), and still getting a blue screen halfway through installing Corsair Utility Engine. The same problem occurs when installing CUE 2.4.66 as when installing CUE 1.16.42. Is there any way to fix this problem? I purchased this keyboard for the lighting profiles, and I'm stuck with the default one until this issue is resolved. I have a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB.
The only way I can see what your cause of the issue is by analyzing your .dmp file that explains why the BSOD occurred. Can you give that to me?

How to retrieve dmp's: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-e95ee5d8669d

Old 10-27-2016, 04:42 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 876999

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post
Hello and thank you for taking action with the 2.5 software. I would like to chime in and say that I do not have an Nvidia GPU (I have a Radeon R9 390), so I do not have Nvidia drivers installed.

I suppose maybe the exact same issue could be caused my the AMD drivers? That would seem unlikely, but possible.

I just wanted to supply that information. I am still running 2.4.66 and having to do a repair install every couple days when the Macros stop working.
The macros that stop working is unrelated to the BSOD. Its typically caused by your machine uninstalling our Corsair virtual input device located under "Human Interface Devices" in your Device Manager. Can you tell me what the status of that is as well as "Corsair Bus" under "System Devices" in Device Manager when your macros stop working?

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:28 AM
Xury46's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877037
Xury46 Reputation: 10

I had the same problem. Half way through the installation of CUE 2.5.66 my computer blue screened and couldn't boot, not even in safe mode. The repair disk couldn't fix the problem either (Thanks for nothing Microsoft). I wish I had a log file to show the devs but since I couldn't boot I don't have one.

That's alright though. I used it as an excuse to return to Windows 7 after the horrors of Windows 10. Also it looks like the devs finally reverted the latest version to 2.4.66, so hopefully nobody else will have this experience.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:11 AM

POST ID # = 877057
Stevensaur Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The only way I can see what your cause of the issue is by analyzing your .dmp file that explains why the BSOD occurred. Can you give that to me?

How to retrieve dmp's: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-e95ee5d8669d
I don't have the log file, because I couldn't boot my PC. Maybe I'll try again when the next CUE update comes out, but for now I guess I'll stick with the default lighting profile. I really don't want to go through the hassle of installing all of my programs and games again; at least for a while.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:31 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 877115
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xury46 View Post
I had the same problem. Half way through the installation of CUE 2.5.66 my computer blue screened and couldn't boot, not even in safe mode. The repair disk couldn't fix the problem either (Thanks for nothing Microsoft). I wish I had a log file to show the devs but since I couldn't boot I don't have one.

That's alright though. I used it as an excuse to return to Windows 7 after the horrors of Windows 10. Also it looks like the devs finally reverted the latest version to 2.4.66, so hopefully nobody else will have this experience.
Do you know the Nvidia driver you were on when it BSOD?
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 10-29-2016, 05:41 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 877213
Inheritance Reputation: 41

CUE 2.6.70 is up for those of you that has an issue with BSOD on install.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 10-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Xury46's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877334
Xury46 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Do you know the Nvidia driver you were on when it BSOD?
I don't have a version number for you, but it was most likely the latest version at the time since I used the GeForce Experience and kept my drivers up to date. I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 680.

Also, Now that I've reverted to Windows 7 I don't have any blue screen issues with CUE 2.5.66, same computer hardware, latest drivers. So if it is a driver conflict issue then there must be something different between the Windows 10 and Windows 7 drivers.

Last edited by Xury46; 10-30-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:59 AM
praisebacchus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877901
praisebacchus Reputation: 10

Registered here to say that I am having this same issue with 2.6.70. Currently trying the fixes located in this thread.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:21 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 877967

We may have a fix incoming.

For those who have the problem, uninstall any previous version of CUE, clear the registry, and then download and install 2.6.70 as a clean install.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
slimertlg57's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878187
slimertlg57 Reputation: 10

All of you are not alone. I am having the same problem with the newest version of CUE. Blue screen on death and constant reboot loop. finally got in to bios, reset computer to earlier date. now my I am at the old 1.16.42 Cue. It will not update to an older CUE 2 version. what gives?

Old 11-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 878335
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

CUE 1 doesn't allow updates into CUE 2. You have to grab it off the website.

Wait til the next version before attempting, though. Like was said above, there should be a fix incoming so that no one is getting blue screened anymore.

Tags
boot loop, bsod, corsair cue, irql