Corsair Community

Vengeance M60/65/90/95 and K90 Firmware Issues:

LordLobo

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow the instructions to the letter, but my keyboard still won't install the firmware update. "Cannot open USB device, Please plug the device into a USB port or re-install the driver". I've tried it in every USB port on my computer, I've tried re-installing the drivers, but nothing works... just three blinking lights... now when i try to connect the keyboard to a USB port i get the error message "USB device not recognized" and it only works in one particular USB port, I've tried uninstalling the USB drivers and the eXtensible host controller (Device Manger > Universal Serial Bus Controllers) in an attempt to get it working in other USB ports but nothing seems to work... I'm seriously considering throwing this keyboard in the trash and buying a new one because I've had it a few months so i cant return it... Can any body offer any more help?

##UPDATE##

After playing around with the driver and firmware software, I've managed to get the drivers installed and the keyboard configuration program to recognize the keyboard but i still only have the three flashing lights, if i attempt to change any of the settings in the keyboard config program, such as back-light brightness (even though the back-light isn't working) it disconnects the keyboard and i get the message "USB device not recognized". So after a restart i did the same again but attempted to re-install the firmware while the driver recognized the device, and i got the message "Get flash memory information failed!" i don't know if this is progress or if my device is completely bricked... is there any way i can RMA the product if I've had it for four months?

##UPDATE##

IT WORKS... i installed the drivers and the firmware updater, then uninstalled all of the USB drivers and USB eXtensible host controller (Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers) and shutdown my system. I unplugged all USB devices and restarted my computer, i then plugged in my mouse and windows successfully installed the drivers. The i plugged in the keyboard waited for windows to recognize the device then followed steps 4-15. i then ran the Firmware updater and it worked... i'll leave all of this in my post in case i can help anyone else out.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by ryan73101
Making my instructions clearer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I changed the steps for those with a M6X/M9X Mouse that do not see the KBD BOOT LOADER in the device manager:

*With the mice on your USB 2.0.

0) Uninstall all drivers from your M60 (if you have it installed);

1) Install Firmware Software Updater (don't execute it yet);

2) Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled.

3) Find the correct device under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.

(check with properties, tab Details, and select Hardware Ids in the pull down)

The Value of the correct device will start with the lines below for each corresponding mouse.

For M60: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30

For M90: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31

4) Now click on the Driver tab button of the Properties dialog;

5) Click on 'Update Driver';

6) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software';

Now here is the thing: Instead of selecting the Drive file inside Corsair's Updater folder, you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver;

7) Install the Driver. It will detect your M60;

8) Update your Firmware through Corsair's and now it will detect your mice instead of giving that crazy error;

9) Your mouse may be frozen and even an Exclamation point will appear on Printers and Devices so just click on Fix problem. Windows may fix it by itself;

*If your mouse is still frozen, try restarting your computer and change it to another USB Port.

I was able to get to step 7 but after that when I run the firmware update I still get an error. There are 2 options for the M60 in step 3 and I have tried both. Anything I might be doing wrong?

• 1 month later...
Double check the hardware IDs and drivers are correctly installing in Device Manager. or go to Devices and Printers, open the mouse and look for the hardware id.

The 2 Hardware IDs I get are:

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30&REV_0111&MI_00

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30&MI_00

I tried doing it with both and neither work. I get "Set firmware update mode failed!".

• 2 months later...

I joined the forum just to thank you for this fix.

I am on a K70 (non RGB) and after booting up my PC today I was greeted by the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock buttons all flashing. The problem persisted across USB ports, operating systems, and even PC's, and after several hours of troubleshooting with no success I found your post.

I followed your instructions (only straying slightly due to my KB being the K70 rather than the K95) and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought the M65 vengeance, windows 10 in a brand new computer.

Out of luck with updating the firmware. So I have been able to properly update the drivers by going to the device manager, human interface devices, and update the driver manually by pointing to the folder (after installation of the firmware update software).

I can't remember if I need to execute before the dpinst.exe program (inside the installation folder of the update software).

Anyway, following the guides now the I should be able to update the firmware with the software but it still fails with the same message.

So, I guess I can't try anything else, I'll have to return it. A shame since it looks excellent. Before that, is there anything I've forgot? Is it that this mouse cannot work for anybody? Or it is something of win10? of win10 and 8?

Just bought the M65 vengeance, windows 10 in a brand new computer.

Out of luck with updating the firmware. So I have been able to properly update the drivers by going to the device manager, human interface devices, and update the driver manually by pointing to the folder (after installation of the firmware update software).

I can't remember if I need to execute before the dpinst.exe program (inside the installation folder of the update software).

Anyway, following the guides now the I should be able to update the firmware with the software but it still fails with the same message.

So, I guess I can't try anything else, I'll have to return it. A shame since it looks excellent. Before that, is there anything I've forgot? Is it that this mouse cannot work for anybody? Or it is something of win10? of win10 and 8?

the reason the firmware update is failing is because of window 10.

this is the thread on the issue

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=143329

and here is the official statement from Corsair Jame

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=795056&postcount=18

the reason the firmware update is failing is because of window 10.

this is the thread on the issue

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=143329

and here is the official statement from Corsair Jame

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=795056&postcount=18

Too bad the official statement, I'm gonna return it and go for the G502. Thanks for the (very) fast reply!

• 2 months later...
I changed the steps for those with a M6X/M9X Mouse that do not see the KBD BOOT LOADER in the device manager:

*With the mice on your USB 2.0.

0) Uninstall all drivers from your M60 (if you have it installed);

1) Install Firmware Software Updater (don't execute it yet);

2) Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled.

3) Find the correct device under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.

(check with properties, tab Details, and select Hardware Ids in the pull down)

The Value of the correct device will start with the lines below for each corresponding mouse.

For M60: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30

For M90: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31

4) Now click on the Driver tab button of the Properties dialog;

5) Click on 'Update Driver';

6) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software';

Now here is the thing: Instead of selecting the Drive file inside Corsair's Updater folder, you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver;

7) Install the Driver. It will detect your M60;

8) Update your Firmware through Corsair's and now it will detect your mice instead of giving that crazy error;

9) Your mouse may be frozen and even an Exclamation point will appear on Printers and Devices so just click on Fix problem. Windows may fix it by itself;

*If your mouse is still frozen, try restarting your computer and change it to another USB Port.

I have both the M90 and M60 and they got the same firmware update issue, above steps fixed it for me.

So i did this, and I got the feeling it would work. I am running windows 10 64 bit and when I had to select my manufacturer, corsair was not in the menu, and I am not sure what to do.

• 3 weeks later...
im having a different issue when my m65 is unpluged my rig boots in like 10 sec when it is plugged in it takes like 1 min or sometimes hangs at the motherboard manufacturer screen also the mother board displays the a2 signal when it hangs if i remove the m65 everything boots perfect any help would be appriciated

• 5 weeks later...

I am having major issues with Corsair at the moment.

I can't uninstall the headset software, nor is sound playing through headset.

My m65 mouse was working, but after update firmware it had failed, and now the buttons that were programmed, are hard programmed in, so if I pressed the sniper button, it returns the number 6, and this is without the software.

Is it because of windows 10?

What headset are you using?

What happens if you disconnect the mouse? Does the headset work fine and does it allow you to uninstall the headset software?

Have you tried running the firmware update again on another computer? Does it do anything? Have you tried it on a USB 2.0 port?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Same question here. Can't seem to find the latest firmware updater for my k90. Was getting the extra "period key" issue and found a link to the 1.31 installer somewhere on the forum but everywhere else just tells you to go to the downloads page....which doesn't offer a firmware updater for this keyboard, just the basic software for macro key setup (which I don't use anyway).

Where can I find just the latest firmware updater that isn't some random third party site like softpedia?