Corsair Community

H100i y cable doesn't connect to fans

Sl4ppy

So the Y cables fan connectors won't fit the connector on the included fans... I've included a. Picture of the fans connector... It appears to be a standard 4 pin fan connection, but the y-cable connector doesn't have male pins to complete the connection.

Is there some sort of trick?

image.jpg.c7f89f0fc97394051df5bfd496e8856b.jpg

id like to know why their capped in the first place,im sure theres a valid reason but :confused:

If you used the "Y" connection as an extension for one fan, the pins on the unused side of the "Y" would be exposed, and could short to the case damaging the cooling block electronics.

I believe that this same "Y" is used on the H80i, where it is definitely possible that someone would use only one fan due to space restrictions.

Corsair is wise in protecting the "Y" ends.

RodeoGeorge

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Covering the connector without a sticker like 'Remove cap first" on it is like hiding an Easter egg. I spent quite a while scratching my head trying to figure out how to plug the fans to the power supply until I found this thread. I was about to return the item to the seller.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I cannot believe people are still having this issue. Corsair should just make the caps bright orange

I cannot believe you are having such a hard time figuring out that if enough people are having this issue, it might need addressing. Of course it's easy for you to sit there and say it's easy when you know the solution. You must be terribly fun to be around at events, if you ever walk out of your house that is. :)

Everything else (including how to mount the fans onto the radiator, which could be obvious to some) is documented in the manual so why this isn't is beyond me.

Archived