Corsair Community

M65/M95 Tracking Update

RAM GUY

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After couple days of testing, with new beta firmware, EDIT: will see about 2.26 firmware, for now feels better than 2.24

my brother and me can agree that the mouse (M65) feels responsive and definitely not laggy. Compared to Razer Death Adder BE there is almost no difference in responsiveness.

Tracking on M65 gives 5/5 on my work desk (pressed wood covered with plastic), while on Razer Goliathus Control edition it gives 3/5; which is a bit odd, and even can be noticed in movement not being so precise on Goliathus mouse pad.

All in all, Good job Corsair on fixing this lagg issue, the mouse is useless without it. Keep up the good work!

One more maybe unrelated remark.

Although i do not use them, and probably never will, Macro section in Mouse configuration should be more self explanatory, maybe with pop up balloons explaining some of the icons/buttons/controls (like MR button -> had to look up what is it for, maybe because i do not use macros, so I could not figure it out myself...shame on me...)

Also, the mouse configurator does not start in windows try menu when computer is turned on with mouse unplugged. If the mouse is plugged in afterwards, I have to start the configurator from Start menu. (Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit). Is it possible to always have that icon there, and configurator detecting automatically if the mouse is plugged in?

I have the M95 as well as the K95 for something like 8 month now and everything was working well.

Since some days I have a problem with the Mouse wheel. If I am on a web site and scroll down it goes sometimes normal and sometimes it scrolls a lot.

If I scoll up it goes a little up and then down.

I can find in the W7 event viewer: Detected unrecognized USB driver (\Driver\pci). from time to time.

Does a Firmware update or a driver Update could solve my problem?

Thanks for any answer!

• Corsair Employee
I have the M95 as well as the K95 for something like 8 month now and everything was working well.

Since some days I have a problem with the Mouse wheel. If I am on a web site and scroll down it goes sometimes normal and sometimes it scrolls a lot.

If I scoll up it goes a little up and then down.

I can find in the W7 event viewer: Detected unrecognized USB driver (\Driver\pci). from time to time.

Does a Firmware update or a driver Update could solve my problem?

Thanks for any answer!

If you have an issue with the mousewheel, put in a RMA request and reply back with your case number so I can approve it. A firmware won't resolve it.

Well, for what it's worth: I had no issues with my M65 with the 2.16 firmware.

Even though I was told not to, I went ahead and tried out this beta firmware and it introduced strange issues, especially when moving the mouse very slowly across my mousepad. If I moved it at a certain speed it would stop registering movement at all. If I went faster it would register, if I went slower it would register...but there was a "sweet spot" where it didn't register anything at all.

Downgrading made the issue go away, so it's only an issue with the newer firmware.

Again, I was just testing because I like to tinker and wanted to report my results.

This feedback is for the M95. I can almost convince myself the latency is fixed after using it an extended amount of time, but then I'll plug a different mouse in as a reference and it's abundantly clear the M95 feels languid in comparison.

My CPU (2500k@4.5) usage will spike up to 20% from idle during mouse movement which seems a little excessive, but I have no idea if this is in any way related; just figured I'd mention it.

I noticed after ~5 seconds of rapid, continuous mouse movement, the cursor will stutter noticeably and then resume normally. This will repeat after another ~5 seconds ad infinitum, as if some data buffer is being maxed. This is while the GPU is in use.

For reference, this is being done on a MM600 mat. It doesn't rate as a top quality surface according to the software, ironically enough, but I don't imagine it would be contributing to any problems. All testing done was at 1600 DPI and hardware playback.

I've tried to be as objective as possible relating this, but it's a difficult issue to put in quantifiable terms. If I can be of any further use in terms of feedback please let me know. The construction of the mouse is beautiful, but I can't continue using it as is currently.

When is the final version gonna be released? More updates any time soon? :)

Thinking about getting myself a M65, would like to buy a mouse without inputlag though :)

As far as I've been able to tell using my M65 since the firmware update, there's is absolutely no input lag at all. If there is, it was completely unnoticeable when I was testing between the updated M65 and my roommate's deathadder.

My M65 arrives from amazon tomorrow. After just reading about all this "floaty" stuff tonight, I am a bit disappointed. I feel bad for those who waited months for this new firmware to be released.

As a big time FPS gamer, I purchased this mouse expecting a substantial upgrade over my Intellimouse 3.0. Part of me wants to send it back the moment it is delivered, but the side of me that has been a faithful and happy corsair supporter for years, I want to give it a try.

Those with time gaming using the updated firmware, are you happy? No floaties? No lag? I'm not trying to go through all this trouble just to return this mouse. I appreciate the timely feedback. Thanks.

Edit: Side question. Upon receiving the mouse, should i upgrade right away to the beta firmware or the official one on the website?

My M65 arrives from amazon tomorrow. After just reading about all this "floaty" stuff tonight, I am a bit disappointed. I feel bad for those who waited months for this new firmware to be released.

As a big time FPS gamer, I purchased this mouse expecting a substantial upgrade over my Intellimouse 3.0. Part of me wants to send it back the moment it is delivered, but the side of me that has been a faithful and happy corsair supporter for years, I want to give it a try.

Those with time gaming using the updated firmware, are you happy? No floaties? No lag? I'm not trying to go through all this trouble just to return this mouse. I appreciate the timely feedback. Thanks.

Edit: Side question. Upon receiving the mouse, should i upgrade right away to the beta firmware or the official one on the website?

I haven't had any lag or floatiness since I updated the firmware and definitely had it before hand. As I said in the post above yours, I compared it to my roommate's deathadder and was able to observe no difference between the two when it comes to lag.

• 1 month later...
I also had a m65 that had all the above issues and eventually just died. I got an rma on it and received my mouse yesterday and it only lasted a day. Back to the same issues with no sensor. All buttons work. Sensor works sometimes on my desk but not on my corsair game mat. This is becoming so annoying. I was without a mouse for almost a month and now my new one only lasted a day.

yea i have tried all that. tried the lift hight and response time. i worked ok today for a few hours and then started to skip on my corsair mouse pad but was working on the desk fine, now it doesn't track at all. it will prob fix it self soon and stop again

Hey, Corsair people. I have an M65, and have had for around two months now. Last week it started to just stop being able to move the cursor randomly. The buttons still were working, but I wasn't able to move it at all.. Just frozen in place. The only fix that I could find was unplugging the usb cable from the back of my computer and plugging it back in. But that's only a temporary fix, obviously.

Is this a known issue? Should I RMA it or is it possibly a firmware issue?

Archived