Corsair Community

M65/M95 Tracking Update

RAM GUY

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I recently (today) bought a Corsair M65 and together bought a new mousepad (Razer Goliathus Speed).

My problem is that I cannot get the mouse to work on mousepad.

The mouse can work better on my table with a towel but won't work on mousepad. =(

Basically the pointer is "warping" all the time. I cannot even draw a circle in the paint with the M65 in Goliathus. The result is teriver as can be seen below.

http://i.imgur.com/zkTyjCp.png

Green = M65 on my desk

Red = M65 in Goliathus Speed

I've tried to update the firmware, download the last drive, configure and reconfigure all settings. Nothing solved. =(

Could someone give a help than can be the problem?

Spec:

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bits (6.2 build 9200)

Mouse Firmware 2 2.26 sw-1.3

Drive 1.0.0.10

Mousepad Razer Goliathus Extended Speed v2

@adzpana and dedo_ninja

Have you tried adjusting the Lift height in the software?

Note sure if this will help, Have you tried adjusting the DPI settings, turn off pointer precision (Control Panel>Mouse)?

@Fien

No, it is not a common issue.

Do you have the latest BIOS, chipset drivers?

Have you tried turning off any USB power savings?

@adzpana and dedo_ninja

Have you tried adjusting the Lift height in the software?

Note sure if this will help, Have you tried adjusting the DPI settings, turn off pointer precision (Control Panel>Mouse)?

Toasted thanks for replying, but I've tried to change the report rate, change the DPI, enable and disable angle snapping, changing the lift height and nothing.

The pointer precision I already disable even before use the M65, however I tried to turn on/off and was idiferente.

I tried to put a transparent plastic on mousepad and it worked perfectly. Apparently the mouse works on surfaces plastic surgeries.

Now I don't know if my mouse is with some kind of defect and I should send it for RMA or the type of laser of M65 is not compatible with my mousepad... What sounds stupid. :confused:

As far as I know, I did not update anything since I bought my mouse... All I did do was download and install the mouse programming software for Windows 8 from Corsair's website. Does the drivers AND the updated firmwares to fix the lag problems automatically apply, or do i have to download it manually? Is there a way to tell if my mouse i got a month ago already came with a new firmware update out of the box?

mine has been steady for 2days now. don't want to jinx it, but i put the lift height to the highest as i read in the corsair software guide that dark surfaces are not the best for below middle, i also set the response time to 8ms instead of one. i run the software in hw playback mode and save the profile directly to my mouse

I tried to put a transparent plastic on mousepad and it worked perfectly. Apparently the mouse works on surfaces plastic surgeries.

My M95 shows the exact same symptoms. I'm just glad didn't shell out for a Corsair pad.

I've tried more surfaces as well...

The back of an old WoW game card DVD case works well.

And old Coolermaster Cool Drive 4 HD enclosure (the silver one) worked.

A sheet of glass on the mousepad did not work (reported really well in the mouse software though, oh the irony)

I even got a smallish mirror to see if it would work. Reported REALLY well in the mouse software, but the mouse did not track on it. The funniest part, the mouse DID track on the frame of the mirror, which, ironically is roughly the same texture and colour as my desk...so I guess I should look for a mousepad in a rich, dark woodgrain pattern.

Oh, the mouse also tracked on the paperish packing tape used to tape down the back of the mirror to the frame.

Also installed and flashed the software and firmware in the 09-19-13 package on the Corsair site, still no joy.

Well... I sent my Corsair M65 back to the store for RMA. When I have an answer from the store I give a new feedback to you guys.

Updating my post:

I received a response from the store I bought the mouse. The mouse indeed come with a defective laser, the store will send me another one in a few days.

Just hope it's not a problem in whole lot.

@Amos_Keeto, I recommend you try to RMA as I did.

Well, I'm about to...

Went to a computer / gaming expo today with the sole purpose of looking for a mousepad / mat. Took my M95 with to actually test.

Got a Mad Catz Glide 7, why, cause the mouse tracked on it just fine in the shop.

I've now used it literally for 30min at home, and already the mouse has begun exhibiting the symptoms of growing tired of the mat.

Seriously, Corsair, how _the HELL_ do you guys stuff up so badly with your peripheral products?!

• 5 weeks later...

my second m65 has failed again, being sent for rma, i am just gona get my money back and buy another brand, and if it is my corsair mouse mat that is causing the issue then thats just stupid as it is made by the same company!

iv had no fps game for so long now, can't even play bf4 because of this **** mouse

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys, i'm looking forward to buy this mouse but i have read almost every page of this thread where every user has complained how bad this mouse is. But after the FW update many users reported that the issue has been resolved but still some users were complaining.

So, i would like to know if the issue been completely resolved so that i can go ahead and buy this mouse or have to wait still.

I have been using deathadder 3.5G from past couple of years so i'll be jumping from Optical to laser. Hope my gameplay experience doesn't change.

Thanks.

The tracking issue for the M65/95 have been fixed according to this post.

Drivers have been released publically now here:

M65: http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/drivers/M65-setup-080813.zip

M95: http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/drivers/M95-setup-080813.zip

If you've updated, you no longer need to do so. Thanks everyone for helping out. I'm going to unsticky this now.

So... I've been the lucky (or not so) owner of an M65 since January this year. It's certainly had it's ups and downs...

One day it might work fine. I'll get no tracking issues, it will be spot on. When this happens I'm a happy bunny. I'll be able to pop heads at 230ish meters with a bolt action rifle in RO2 in a Realism server like they're 10 foot targets within arms reach, and it's all gravy :D

The next day (or after I've rebooted the system), it won't be detected when my PC boots, rebooting doesn't help, I have to unplug it and plug it into a different usb port. Most times I have to try 3 or 4 ports (no other usb devices have any problem) before I find one where the mouse will flicker and then eventually light up, and then the tracking is horrible. The mouse cursor floats on the desktop with a slight delay and obvious smoothing (pixel perfect straight lines with sweeping arcs anyone?), and to make it worse it causes high dpc latency. If I go into games just moving the mouse around on the title screen, makes audio and video freeze and skip, once I'm in game it's impossible to do anything with any sort of accuracy...

Uninstalling the M65 drivers and the software package, then reinstalling them makes the problem go away for a couple of days... But it's not long before it comes back. Having the mouse in a USB 3 port reduces the problem slightly compared to a USB2 port, but it doesn't entirely rectify it. The only way to stop the problem completely seems to be to use a completely different mouse.

Latest drivers for motherboard, audio, graphics etc, latest drivers/firmware for mouse... I've tried a variety of settings on the mouse software, I've tried numerous fixes/tweaks that I've seen in this thread, as well as others like disabling OS acceleration/smoothing etc.

I really do like the mouse, it's comfortable, all the buttons are in the right place for my paws, and when it works properly I can't fault it in anyway. Unfortunately when it works properly is few and far between, I'm currently using an old Ikari (which feels so wrong after the solid corsair mouse) because the M65 stutter was driving me crazy.

I would try a clean install of windows, but I get the exact same problems on my linux build and the other pc, and I don't get the problem if I use any other mouse...

What should I do, hope there'll be a fix software side soon, or do I need to RMA it?

Yeah it doesn't make any noticeable difference whether it's set to low/high or anywhere in between.

I've tried different surfaces as well, a Steelseries ice mat (black textured glass) which scores 4/5 in the surface test, some cheapo plastic mat with a gel rest that scores 5/5. Oddly enough it's worse on the mat that scores 5/5.

I've redone the firmware update as described in this thread, and it seemed to work albeit only temporarily... Half an hour later it was causing stuttering in game again.

Also tried different report rate settings, different dpi settings etc...

Of course everything appears to be running sweet right again now (maybe it heard me talking about sending it back lol). Detected at boot, precise movement, no stutter in games... Pretty sure the problem will rear it's ugly head again though. Could be later today, if not today then it'll be tomorrow :(

2nd day without any problems (so far). I did reflash the firmware (again) using the method in the firmware thread (again). I dunno maybe the firmware didn't take properly the first dozen or so times I did it...

I think I'll wait to see if it fails again before I take it any further...

• 1 month later...
It's possible it might be a bad sensor...

Well there's no doubt in my mind that it's a bad sensor. Problem is the same bad sensors are used in the whole series of the mice I like :(

I keep trying to tell myself it's not that bad, that I can live with the spotty tracking, delayed input, and blatant inaccuracy... I really like the look and feel of the mouse, but it's performance in game is seriously sub par. What's the deal with games and this mouse? I can be sat in a main menu, and just moving the mouse to select an option causes fps to plummet and sound to stutter (its worse on 1ms, not as bad on 2ms). Doesn't happen with the other mice I have to hand, sometimes (albeit rarely) it doesn't even happen with the M65...

It's getting to the point where I think I'm just going to send it back to Amazon for a refund, or maybe I should just reinstall the firmware for the 900th time and tell myself it's fixed it this time... :(

Some scribbles I did:

http://s8.postimg.org/6zx9sekqp/mousetracking.jpg

If I turn on hardware playback, the angle snapping option makes no difference (angle snapping is on regardless of on/off setting). If I turn off hardware playback, but angle snapping is on, then angle snapping is still on (obviously). Now here's where it gets funny... Hardware playback AND angle snapping both off, then angle snapping is noticeably reduced, and at first I thought it was fixed. I was wrong. At high speed the angle snapping appears to be worse than ever. The tracking is terrible.

An FPS mouse that can't provide accurate feedback is no good for FPS gaming... To be honest I can't think of anything this mouse IS good for, apart from drawing very straight lines... Look at the angles on that bottom scribble... If I move the mouse quickly (which is most of the time with high dpi in FPS games), the mouse stutters... It looks like visual lag, it causes framerates to plummet, my system chokes... But it's not actually my system. All the problems evaporate when I use another mouse...

This is all in Windows by the way. The mouse is completely unuseable under linux, angle snapping to the max because of the dodgy sensor and I can't even use the corsair software to combat it... If I'd tried doing the scribbles on linux it would have been a bunch of oblong boxes, probably neatly stacked and arranged in height order. The mouse is that bad.

I didn't... I thought I'd fixed it, but through continued use I've realised there was always something just not right with it. I used to play a lot of FPS games, but since using this mouse I've been doing terribly. I am probably going to try a fresh install of windows to make sure it's not one of my system tweaks that's borked something, but after seeing how it performs on linux, and seeing a lot of other users with similar problems I'm tempted to just cut my losses tbh...

Some games perform so badly with this mouse it's actually easier to play with a 360 pad (I wish I was joking), some games perform badly occasionally but well at other times, and others don't seem to have a problem with the mouse. Anything on the Unreal Engine seems to be the worst...

Frustrating to say the least.

I would, but the CX600 in my other PC melted a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't got around to replacing it yet (was still just inside warranty but I decided I wanted a better unit anyway, and besides the corsair badged fan guard from the PSU has a new home now lol). So it's easier to do another windows install on a spare hdd than it is to pull my psu out to fit it in and boot up the other pc. I'll probably do it over the weekend... Don't actually expect it to make any difference, performance in 3 different OSs including a fresh Mint install is just as bad (worse in fact).

Just for fun I reflashed the firwmare (again), and tried a different USB3.0 port... Hey presto it feels more responsive (again) and games are running fine (again - with the exception of some Unreal Engine stuff), but I still get the weird angular curves when I try to draw anything fast with it, this translates into a lot of frustration in close combat gaming. Headshots that you know should have connected but instead of going across the screen at X angle, it suddenly switches to Y angle and you jerk upwards/downwards and miss, or the cursor just doesn't move as fast as it should when you suddenly change direction because you hear a noise behind you or whatever... :(

Archived