Corsair Community

Windows 8.1

Warboy

Yes, at first I could only see my H100i with a miniUSB cable on an external USB port.

Then I searched for similar problems and found these steps:

That solved the problem with the internal headers+original cable I had.

Now I'm using orignal cable, and CL 2.4.4849 detects my H100i temps/revs right away.

There are further instructions in case that still doesn't solve your problem...

Hmmm, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure that I already have that setting turned on, but I'll double check tonight when I get home.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, still a no-go for me. It seems that if I have the unit plugged in at start-up, it won't work unless I change headers or hubs while the computer is still booted up. If I start up my machine without the unit plugged in, and then plug it in anywhere while the computer is still booted up, it'll also work.

This tells me that something is happening while the computer is booting up it determines that whatever piece of hardware is in that header or hub (in this case it's the H80i) is either bad or of no importance and should be ignored. This would explain why I either have to switch headers while it's on or keep it unplugged during boot-up and then plug it in.

This is rather annoying.

Yep, still a no-go for me. It seems that if I have the unit plugged in at start-up, it won't work unless I change headers or hubs while the computer is still booted up. If I start up my machine without the unit plugged in, and then plug it in anywhere while the computer is still booted up, it'll also work.

This tells me that something is happening while the computer is booting up it determines that whatever piece of hardware is in that header or hub (in this case it's the H80i) is either bad or of no importance and should be ignored. This would explain why I either have to switch headers while it's on or keep it unplugged during boot-up and then plug it in.

This is rather annoying.

is your bios up to date?,,can you use a mini usb/usb and connect to a rear usb port to check?

sounds like its a bios bug.

is your bios up to date?,,can you use a mini usb/usb and connect to a rear usb port to check?

sounds like its a bios bug.

Everything is up to date. USB drivers are ran by Windows in Windows 8 so I can't really do anything with those. BIOS and chipset are up to date.

Using a regular mini USB cable plugged into an external USB port yields the same results as I stated before.

This is the thread I mentioned:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113981

BUT, I booted up to windows 8.1 now, it did some updates, and now I'm getting the same problem as you.

Corsair Link does start, lists my devices, but everything stays at "0". I restarted the service, and after a long time my CPU and GPU temps show up, but not H100i stats....

Its not BIOS.. its something with win 8.1 and corsair link handling the drivers. Now my Neutron GTX doesn't get listed as detected device [it did before].

I think both are too unstable and doesn't work togheter well. Corsair Link is still very unstable with win 8.. just look the many trheads about CL crashing and so.

But hey, we are beta testing, this things can and might happen with beta programs.. so lets wait for the new release [and hope it solves the current problems]

If you read between the lines it is suggesting something..

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Anyways, I've figured out a way to force the recognition of the unit after boot-up, but it's a little hacky and will require some documentation and some files to download (I'll try to get a new thread going this weekend explaining how to set it up and how it works). Hopefully Corsair can come up with an update that addresses 8.1 soon.

Their not even detected on my side. I'm assuming the driver is bad since Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 [normal 8 used 1.2, 7 used 1.1]

I really don't think Corsair should have to rework their software to make things work. In all honesty, Windows based their new OS (W8) on 1.2, they should make their systems run backwards compatibility for the 1.2 programs on the new 8.1. This bit of software isn't the only thing not working with 8.1, I just built a system and used 8.1 preview as a cheap way to avoid blowing 100$ on an OS license (for now) and ive ran into multiple things that simply do not work. Things that come across as basic essentials (Ex: anti-virus).

I definitely feel where you are coming from, its very frustrating that Link2 isn't working, but that's simply the risk you take when using a BETA version of an OS. Same crap happened when I BETA'd Windows 8.

If you want this stuff to work right, spend the 50-90$ on regular windows 8 update and stick to that instead of 8.1 BETA. That's my best recommendation.

I will simply add, my system does not pick up anything either. Fans, pump, LED, nothing but the CPU and HHD temps, which doesn't seem accurate and aren't if you match it up to HWMonitor.

I really don't think Corsair should have to rework their software to make things work. In all honesty, Windows based their new OS (W8) on 1.2, they should make their systems run backwards compatibility for the 1.2 programs on the new 8.1. This bit of software isn't the only thing not working with 8.1, I just built a system and used 8.1 preview as a cheap way to avoid blowing 100$ on an OS license (for now) and ive ran into multiple things that simply do not work. Things that come across as basic essentials (Ex: anti-virus).

I definitely feel where you are coming from, its very frustrating that Link2 isn't working, but that's simply the risk you take when using a BETA version of an OS. Same crap happened when I BETA'd Windows 8.

If you want this stuff to work right, spend the 50-90$ on regular windows 8 update and stick to that instead of 8.1 BETA. That's my best recommendation.

I will simply add, my system does not pick up anything either. Fans, pump, LED, nothing but the CPU and HHD temps, which doesn't seem accurate and aren't if you match it up to HWMonitor.

your right,the link was out before any win8 and it should be up to microsoft to make things compatible but try telling that to some win8 users :roll:

I don't quite agree with all microsoft decisions... like, blocking the boot to desktop option, and the damn multiuser login screen issue.. and few others

But in spite of that, windows 8 is a great OS.. windows 8.1 is bit more as it should really be.

Microsoft do force users and software developers to "accept" their changes

And yes, its up to Corsair to make their software compatible and functional to Windows current release... as all other companies have to [i do not agree with that MS politic!]

So, Corsair software have to be windows 8 compatible. And no, you can't expect everything to be functional in beta softwares. Windows 8.1 preview is just a part of what will be the final release, it probably doesn't have all the code. You can't blame Corsair for their software not working on a beta OS

• 2 weeks later...
And yes, its up to Corsair to make their software compatible and functional to Windows current release... as all other companies have to [i do not agree with that MS politic!]

actually many companys including corsair have to wait till microsoft gives them some codings so they can work up a patch/fix to a problem.many complain corsair is dragging its feet on some fixes where actually the feet dragging is on the microsoft end...

• Corsair Employee
Lets put it this way lets say I want to make a move based on an unfinished script, which happens a lot or I like a script but there are some changes I want to make in the script because of unforeseen issue or cast change's which also happens a lot. But production has already started do you totally stop production which costs you a few hundred thousand a day to stop and do nothing or do you proceed with the parts you can complete? It is not that different when developing a new piece of software that has many complicated parts and thus why they call it a beta release so they can give it out and have people test it for free. rather than paying programmers thousands to de-bug something and they still miss it because they would never think of doing something they way Someone like my wife would. Please just relax and look at the bigger picture. That is why with some movies at the end you have more than one ending that can totally change the meaning of the movie. The Butterfly Effect is a great example of that.

Do you have a link to the press release?

Yeap.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2013/08/14/mark-your-calendars-for-windows-8-1.aspx

Quoting:

I am excited to share that starting at 12:00am on October 18th in New Zealand (that’s 4:00am October 17th in Redmond), Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 will begin rolling out worldwide as a free update for consumers with Windows 8 or Windows RT devices through the Windows Store. Windows 8.1 will also be available at retail and on new devices starting on October 18th by market

Official windows blog.

BTW - I don't know if any of you have heard this yet. Even though 8.1 has been RTM'd, Microsoft is bypassing the standard courtesies of giving access ahead of time to the developer community (I can't WAIT until Ballmer's gone!). MSDN and TechNet subscribers have to wait until launch just like everyone else. Hardware vendors can still get it ahead of time though.

BTW - I don't know if any of you have heard this yet. Even though 8.1 has been RTM'd, Microsoft is bypassing the standard courtesies of giving access ahead of time to the developer community (I can't WAIT until Ballmer's gone!). MSDN and TechNet subscribers have to wait until launch just like everyone else. Hardware vendors can still get it ahead of time though.

And RTM has leaked. So final 8.1 is in the hands of people now.

RTM has indeed leaked and is spreading across computers fast. The fact that a company is going to add support for Windows 8.1 when it is released or even months after the release, is beyond me. It is already too late now and support should have been added long time ago when 8.1 preview version was released. I have seen this behavior at multiple companies and I was like "wth ?". If I had money, I would buy these companies and fire the people responsible for these poor choices like "support after the release bleee" This world is just.... lol. Last year I saw one software company unaware of released RTM version of operating system on MSDN and they were actually arguing that system was not released and therefor they were not going to add any support. Ridiculous

• 2 weeks later...

Archived