Corsair Community

Windows 8.1

Warboy

tell that to the 99.9% of people that complain when a ETA doesnt get released

they dont hear it as a ''estimated'' but a certainty

ive seen it a ton of times.

this is one policy of Corsairs that is the right one...

Yea, but there needs to be estimates. Windows 8.1 is in the wild, its faster then Win8, Even heck, a estimate like "November" would be better then nothing. Look at valve; they have estimates, they never meet them, but people still love them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is another we need to agree to disagree!

Best practice software development is not that difficult;

Take the current release.

Identify the most important fixes and enhancements.

Do the research on what has to be done for each enhancement/fix.

Make an estimate of time for each one.

Compile a list of fixes enhancements based on the above depending on importance, estimated time, resources and preferred release cycle timings.

Decide on the above what is going into the next release.

From this point you should have a very good idea of what is targeted do be in the next release and the estimated time required, and a confidence level for each change.

Add on the likely Test and documentation timings. (in Corsairs case Documentation can be ignored.)

Voila, you have an estimated release date and what should change.

Add on a contingency based on the accuracy of previous estimates.

Announce the next release with timings.

As development continues adjust the release date and release contents where necessary.

Inform your customers of the results.

Result:

Customers can see progress and are less likely to dump your products for a competitors because you treat them as Mushrooms (keep them in the dark and occasionally dump ****** on them)

It's been developed as a system over 40+ years, and if done according to simple rules it works!

Or Just don't say anything, leave your customers guessing, and try and rely on their faith that problems will be fixed, sometime in the next few years.

i see both sides and both have valid points,people understandably need to be kept in the loop and have an idea when to expect results but also if releases get pushed back then people get all blown up and think ranting will get quicker results.

maybe corsair is waiting for microsoft to finish their updating/patching/ fixing of their win8 before they dedicate their resources to being compatible...

its what id do...

Microsoft is still issuing updates/patches for XP!

As I recall Windows 8 now has a 10% market penetration. Can Corsair afford to ignore 10% of their customers?

Microsoft is still issuing updates/patches for XP!

no,that OS support has been discontinued,,

As I recall Windows 8 now has a 10% market penetration. Can Corsair afford to ignore 10% of their customers?

corsair doesnt ignore even 1% of its customers as evident by users on this forum

what benefit is it for corsair to provide support for win8,knowing 8.1 is due to be released and have to do it all over again>?

And assuming Corsair is subscribed to MSDN or TechNet, (doubt they qualify for VLSC) they have had Windows 8.1 since Sept 17th.

I very much doubt if there is any change of substance in 8.1 and even if there is Microsoft is pretty good at providing backwards compatible APIs and functionality.

Now the release is out, pretty much all the OS development team will now be working on Windows 8.2, or Windows 9 depending on what they decide to name it, and have been for some time as they have a well defined development/test cycle.

So Windows 8.2 (or whatever) is under development, do you think Corsair should wait for that release before trying to support it, after all what is the point of supporting Windows 8.1 when a new release is in development!

it just amazes me is a developer like microsoft will come up with a new os,offer just a couple bells and whistles and people will jump on plopping down a good 100 bucks and the vicious cycle of incompatibility/updates/patches start anew.

but people keep doing it

astounding to say the least...

so I've been pulling my hair out all night trying to figure out why my fans was not showing in corsair link, but was showing before. After tons of research and me remembering I updated to windows 8.1 I think that is the problem. So My H100i is using the older settings I had which was quiet. I will keep my gaming to a minimum and hope for the new software update.

Seriously, there is no longer any excuse to not have a driver ready. I had no idea this problem even existed until I upgraded to Windows 8.1. tonight and my Corsairlink 2 started crashing on every boot-up. Which led me to Google, which led me hear. Out of all the SW on my PC, only Corsairlink SW is "incompatible".

Rant aside, is Corsairlink2 required for the cooling system to work i.e. is there any danger of my CPU overheating without this program running? I tried the workaround in another post by changing registry entries, but Corsairlink2 still crashes every time I try to start it. I can't even get to the GUI.

• Corsair Employee
Rant aside, is Corsairlink2 required for the cooling system to work i.e. is there any danger of my CPU overheating without this program running? I tried the workaround in another post by changing registry entries, but Corsairlink2 still crashes every time I try to start it. I can't even get to the GUI.

The CPU cooler and PSU will work as normal on their last profile even without Corsair Link running in the background. Corsair Link is not required to be running in order for the CPU cooler or Power Supply to work.

The CPU cooler and PSU will work as normal on their last profile even without Corsair Link running in the background. Corsair Link is not required to be running in order for the CPU cooler or Power Supply to work.

Thanks. Given my last profile was one I had spent several weeks working on getting just right, knowing that it is the one still being executed is awesome.

Thanks. Given my last profile was one I had spent several weeks working on getting just right, knowing that it is the one still being executed is awesome.

give yourself a peace of mind and run a good stress test to verify & confirm as systems do vary immensly with setups...

• 2 weeks later...

Been Running this fix for a couple days now and I have an issue and I think I've narrowed it down to the Corsair Vengeance keyboard software.

When I boot up everything starts as normal but as soon as the cmd window comes up and runs the logon bat my keyboard mouse and g13 all starts to do a powerdown powerup cycle continuously making my system non responsive. If I do a reset it sometimes works and sometimes not... sometimes it takes 4-5 resets before things works.

Sometimes on a reset the keyboard fails to turn on completely and things work but soon as I unplug and replug the keyboard the usb power cycle resumes. (This is where I'm assuming it has to do with the Corsair Vengeance software)

Now is there ane easy way I can start the Vengeance software after the Link software?

Thanks

I disabled the start up batch file and the power cycle isn't occurring but I no longer have the Link software working ...

Now after everything is running and started up I ran the batch file manually and all seems to be working.. I'll play with it for a day or two more and let you know how things are progressing

• 5 months later...
h100i not recognized, and i have tried every fix i've been able to find. gone into the registry and modified, changing 1's to 0's - did nothing, gone into the task manager and disabled the hid/usb device rebooted and enabled same - did nothing, used microsofts fix - did nothing. it appears that almost nothing has been posted concerning this issue since the end of 2013 so am i to assume that corsair believes the problem has now been solved with one of their driver releases, or did corsair just decide to quit looking into it , or what?

Archived