FAQ: Vengeance Keyboard K70/K95

RAM GUY

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
That's not normal.

Does it happen on another computer?

I can't check until my brother moves down here. Sorta annoyed to be honest. First k70 just randomly stops working and I have to get a replacement and now this one does this...

• 2 weeks later...
My f5 key is also delayed. If I push it then change windows it will refresh the new window/tab. Seriously wtf Corsair. It does all this on my brother computer too. This is the second k70 I've had that either doesn't work or acts weird.

I have the K70 hooked into a ConnectPro UD-12+ USB KVM switch. As your sticky says,

"The BIOS switch both adjusts the polling rate and allows you to turn off advanced keyboard features for compatibility with certain motherboard BIOS and KVM switches". The only way I can get my KVM switch to respond to the keyboard is to use the BIOS setting #8. It works just fine BUT... the scroll lock lite flashes constantly. Now, your sticky states that the flashing is supposed to tell me if I've set the BIOS switch to something other than 1 "on accident". OK, but I haven't set it accidentally, I set it on purpose. So, how do I get the flashing to stop? Nothing I've read in any of the many "scroll lock flashing" fixes have worked. The only one I haven't tried is flashing the firmware...

Wed. 8/20/14 update: Flashed the firmware to 1.09 but no change in the problem. The upgrade did manage to get rid of a high-pitched low volume (but annoying) whine coming from the keyboard whenever the LED's were activated, a different frequency for each of the three levels. I have also observed that the scroll lock lite now only flashes when the BIOS switch is set to the position (#8) that works with the KVM switch. I'm not sure if this was true before the firmware update.

Plugging the keyboard directly into either one of the KVM switch USB ports instead of the keyboard port (a solution from a different thread) failed at all four BIOS switch settings.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier was that the Windows lock key does not work either. Other than that feature and the flashing indicator lite, the keyboard seems to work correctly...

Wednesday night: Well, now the LED whine is back so apparently the firmware update did nothing at all.

• 1 month later...
Why does my k70 disable the numbers 1-0 when I'm holding ctrl? I thought this thing was supposed to have full rollover.

Mine did the same thing, found out it was only doing it while EVGA PrecisionX 16 was running. Closed it out and the keys worked as normal. Looks like I'll be sticking with MSI afterburner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Does anyone know if there has been a change to the policy mentioned in this thread?

The reason I ask is that the last answer in that thread is over 2½ years old and we're a single non-RGB K70 letter M keycap short.

Thanks.

We don't have keycaps available yet Calibretto due to the logistics nightmare of keeping all the different keys. However, PM me your information and I'll see if I can pull out a key for you from an existing keyboard.

Hi.

I have a problem with my old K70 keyborad (red LED).

When Windows starts the LEDs of the 105 keys (italian layout) don't turn on.

Only the multimedia and special keys work.

I must use the LED program button to turn on.

Can you help me? How do I solve the problem?

I tried to change BIOS button and reconnect usb cable but this didn't work.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was wondering can anyone show me how exactly looks EU version of K70?

In stores in my country I can order CH-9000011-EU, but there is none to see live, until I pay and order.

I am asking this, because everyone has different image of it, and when I google it I see two different versions. The difference is the left SHIFT key. On some images it is big, and on some it is small with <> key.

I would like with big shift since I use it as modifier key in games.

Thnx.

Ok now I am even more confused. In stores I can get two tipes of K70 with chery reds and I cannot tell the deference. One is CH-9000011-NA and other CH-9000069-NA.

Anyone knows the difference?

The only difference is the logo, the CH-9000069-NA one has the new "Gaming" logo while the other has the classic sails logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Coolermaster just updated the firmware for CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i and gave it some fairly cool lightning stuff, any possibility for something similar for K70 (non-rgb)?

In a similar tone, any chance for a firmware update giving us possibility to change repeat-rate?

• Corsair Employee
hi, i have a k95 and the led on the left side alt key has stopped working. can you get a replacement led for these?

The LED is soldered onto the PCB making it difficult to replace. Put in a RMA ticket and we'll get the keyboard replaced for you.

Archived