Corsair Community

SSD Toolbox (v1.0.0) W8 TRIM not working

geost:

1 - What type of suggestions do you have?

2 - Works for me. Is your SSD on a SATA port that is in IDE or RAID mode? Is the SSD on an AMD or a marvell SATA port?

Same issue as Geost it wont run trim I'm using Win8 Pro 64bit ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AHCI mode AMD controller with the latest driver. Im using a Force 3 60GB SSD with FW 5.05

TRIM not working with my Corsair Force GT 120GB FW v5.05 and SSD Toolbox (v1.0.0)

Windows 8 Pro x64

Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller.

http://i42.tinypic.com/6irzux.png

Not Supported, WTF :mad:

On Windows 8 (32/64 bit), all functions EXCEPT for TRIM are supported.

Cheers for the answer but does this mean we just use windows built in defrag with the optimize for ssds or is this something coming for win8 in the future?

Thanks

Do not EVER defrag an SSD, it's completely unnecessary and can possibly slow your drive. In fact, WIN8 probably won't even allow you to defrag an SSD.

The OS implemented TRIM works just fine with WIN8. We're working on enabling the manual TRIM with the next revision of the toolbox.

Do not EVER defrag an SSD, it's completely unnecessary and can possibly slow your drive. In fact, WIN8 probably won't even allow you to defrag an SSD.

The OS implemented TRIM works just fine with WIN8. We're working on enabling the manual TRIM with the next revision of the toolbox.

Win8 has manual TRIM for SSD drives.

Archived