Resulting Frequency=200mhz

Memory Timings = User Defined

SDRAM APD = 6

RAS to CAS =3

SDRAM =3

cas latency=2.5t

FSB Spread= disabled

CPU v Core 1.7

DDR Voltage= 2.8 (2.7 caused errors in memtest)

AGP v = 1.6

Sytem BIOS cahe and vide cahe = disabled

am I missing something?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee

I would get the latest bios Version 1.008 and then load setup defaults and set the following settings and test the modules one at a time!

CPU Frequency=200mhz

CPU Frequency Multiple setting= menu

CPU Frequency multiple = 11x

System Preformance = User Defined

Memory Frequency=100%

Resulting Frequency=200mhz

Memory Timings = User Defined

SDRAM APD = 6

RAS to CAS =3

SDRAM =3

cas latency=2.5t

FSB Spread= disabled

CPU v Core 1.7 Volts

DDR Voltage= 2.8

AGP v = 1.6

Hi

Tried new bios and confirmed the settings suggested. I get the same problem. Boots but then xp crashes or throws up a bad -pool header error.

Take the ram out and put back the old pc 2100 and all is well again.

Could the ram be faulty, even though memtest doesn't show it - or do you think the MB is at fault?

It is driving me nuts - what happened to the good old days when you just plugged it in and away you went?

Interesting

1st Module - errors (34-41) if in bank (dimm) 1, but not in 2 or 3.

1nd Modules -won't even allow pc to boot (freezes at finding drives) in bank 1, but is error free on test 6 in 2 or 3.

What next - try both in banks 2 and 3?

Why would 1 lock up?

• Corsair Employee
So just so I understand your post, both modules if inserted in slot 1 shows error’s or will not post. Where as, if installed in slots 2 or 3 one will pass memtest and one still shows errors? Is that about correct? If so I would suggest we test the modules in another Mb if possible!

Almost, both show no errors in 2 or 3 (on test 5 and 6 anyway). I'll try running xp with both inserted in slot 2 and 3. Do you think it possible I have a faulty board?

unfortunately my othe Pc (this one) is too old to test the ram out.

thanks

unfortunately the MB is over a year old so no RMA possible!

Just my luck with ASUS boards I think -my old A7M266 ha a similar problem,

Will let you know how I get on with the other two slots. If not joy do you think a single 1024 running might be more stable?

Thanks for your help and advice

• Corsair Employee
We can try and replace the modules for you, but ASUS MB's have 3 years warranty, so I would contact their Customer Service and let them check the SN# for you! ASUS Customer Service 510-739-3777! To send a RMA request too us, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

hi ram guy,

thanks for your advice to replace the modules. i just got my modules back from my reseller, and my system runs stable. no errors in memtest86. (the auto mode of the board still produces errors, but i guess thats normal. after changing to the user defined settings posted in this thred -> no errors)

ciao marquito

im having alot of the same issues as some of the people in this forum thread, im currently running a asus a7n8x-e delux board amd xp3200+ cpu with (2) kingston pc3200 ddr400 ram, at 166mhz for cpu frequency itll run stable at most at 2800+ speed, but at 200mhz its very finicky and unstable and usually reboots itself after at most 15-20 mins. ive been at this for over 4-5 months now trying to figure out why it wont run stable at 200mhz and always thought it was something on my end or something i mislookd but after reading these forumns i come to realize maybe its not what im doing thats wrong, anywyas i contacted kingston and this is a quote from what they had to say to me.

"the memory was not stable with the nForce chipset you have on that motherboard. It is too

picky and finicky with memory and we just couldn't get it to be stable."

i later contacted asus and ZYC the same guy spoken about earlier in the post from asus representatives said the same thing about the winbond bh-f and hynix d43 which i find absurd. anyways i was wondering if anyone in this group or the moderators and techs ever came up with a solution to this problem, perhaps it is the modules or the nforce chipset what can be done so i can run my computer at normal speed because underclocking your system sounds stupid! but ive been underclocking this darn thing since i had it, instead of 200mhz im running 166mhz kinda makes buying a xp3200+ pointless when all im using is xp2800+, please any help from anyone would defiantely be appreciated!

i wish asus would solve this issue considering its their board! but since they suck at responses and always find a way around the problem i have to look for help else where.

what do you recommend me doing?

ive ran the memtest86 over night numerous times for 7+ hrs at a time per test

get about 15-18 passes at most with over 1000 errors on test5 and or 6,

im pretty much fed up with it myself.

p.s. i tried my modules on another system with the same mobo and my friend has the same problem, he is runnign (2) kingston ran sticks of 256mb = 512mb in total and he runs at xp3000 stable, so i took his (2)256mb sticks and tested it in my computer and guess what? IT WORKS FINE! sooooo now

im concluding that its not all ram thats faulty maybe just mine, but then i contacted kingston and had no luck in a resolution. they could only offer me ddr333 instead of 400 they discontinued kvr400 for this reason that im having. so now im curious would corsair have a ram that works for me? :( in dual mode please?... otherwise having ddr capabilities is kinda worthless.

• Corsair Employee
First thing, please read this post on Asusforums.org, and then I would make sure you have the latest bios 1.011 or newer and then set the FSB Jumper and then clear your bios and then any DDR400 module should run with out problems. I would suggest Twinx1024-3200C2 or LL with this MB. You can also use our Twinx1024-3200XL with this MB but you may have to relax the timings as this MB does not run as well as previous models with tight timings. In addition the modules should be in slots 2-3 as well as set you dim voltage to 2.7 Volts!

• 2 weeks later...

RAM Guy,

I received yesterday my replacement modules from RMA and I'm very happy because I tested them for 14 hours with memtest86 and it don't list any errors!!!

I am very glad to have chosen Corsair because you are really professional and you have the best memory out there.

I will continue to put all my trust in Corsair and recommend your products.

Thank you again for all your assistance and your patience.

Luciano

RAM Guy,

FYI, I set the tRAS (Row-active delay) to '10' (instead of '6') because I saw on this article that we can obtain better memory performance on Nvidia's Nforce2 motherboards with Higher latency instead of lower latency.

In my case, I have compared with memtest86 and I have the best bandwith when tRAS = 10 ... and my box is rock stable :headbang2

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have 2 of these and I when i put them in dual channel slots, my computer restarted by itself often at random. Currently I only use one of the stick while the other one remain idling. I read a lot of forums and it seems that this stick of version 3.1 have problem with Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. The version 1.2 does not seem to have such problem. I am wondering whether i could get a replacement. But there is a problem, I lost the receipt and I forgot where i bought it from. It was like more than one year ago and I can't recall the details.

Please help

Archived