I set jumpers to pins 2-3

Then Load Default Settings

Set CPU Frequ: 200 MHz

CPU Multi: 11.0x

Mem Freq: 100%

CASS : 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7v

CPU Vcore: 1.65V

I have 500 errors on test #5.

Do you think that it is a XMS version problem?

My two modules are 'XMS3202 v3.1' and on the following post people have also the 'XMS3202 v3.1' and they have the same problem as me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Luciano

• Corsair Employee

I would try setting your AGP Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts. If that does not resolve the issue we can try and replace your modules if you like, but I would see if you can test them in another system to be sure!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

RAM Guy,

I set AGP Voltage 1.6V and Dim Voltage 2.8V ==> 185 errors on test 5 (the errors decrease, but it still have errors).

I will try to test my modules on another MB that supports FSB400 and Dual-DDR400.

Other wise, could you please inform me if aurelpem (on his post) and the other peoples on the same post (like SamC, gyurika, DadZilla, Merlin803...) have replaced their modules ?

If possible, do you know how they have solved their problems (since they have the same problem as I have?)

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Yours truly,

Luciano

• Corsair Employee

There is a jumper next to the chipset called FSB Jumper, please set this too pins 2-3 farthest away from the CPU and then remove the battery with the power disconnected and clear the bios for about a minute and then put the system back to gather and when you turn it back on go to bios setup and load setup defaults and set the timings and voltage as listed bellow.

CPU Freq.: 200 MHz

CPU Multiplier: 11x (Menu, not Auto)

System Performance: User Defined

Memory Freq.: 100%

Memory Timings: User Defined

Precharge: 6

RAS-CAS: 3

RAS Precharge: 3

CAS Latency: 2.5T

FSB Spread Spectrum: Disabled

AGP Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Vcore: 1.675

DDR Voltage: 2.7V

AGP Voltage: 1.6V

Then please test the modules one at a time with www.memtest.org!

RAM GUY,

1. I set the FSB Jumpers to pins 2-3 farthest away from the CPU.

2. I cleared the BIOS (as explained on the MB user guide) for about 10 minutes.

3. I went to BIOS and load setup defaults and set the timings and voltage as you requested.

4. I tested one module at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Results (on FSB400 and Single-Channel DDR400):

- On slot B1 : both modules are OK (no errors )

- On slot A1 : both modules are defectives (300 errors on test#5)

- On slot A2 : both modules are defectives (300 errors on test#5)

I think that there are a problem with the parameter 'CAS Latency' on this MB.

In fact, I set this parameter to 2T (it was 2.5T before) and I get just 2 errors on test#6 of http://www.memtest.org (with FSB400 and Dual-Channel DDR400)!

So I started Windows and launched the ASUS NVIDIA System Utility in order to see the system settings.

However, I was surprised to see that this program shows the 'CAS Latency' as 2.5T (even if I set 2T on the BIOS).

Then I go to BIOS again to verify this parameter and it was set to 2T!

So I set it to 2.5T in order to test, and the 'ASUS NVIDIA System Utility' shows it as 3T!

I don't know if the BUG is in the BIOS or in this ASUS NVIDIA utility.... :confused:

i followed this forum with great interest, because i have (had?) the same problems. if i insert one stick into DIMM_B1 its error-free with memtest86. if i insert both sticks or one stick into DIMM_A1 or DIMM_A2 i get errors on test #5 or #6. i tried all advices in this forum and also from the asusforum, however i always get errors on test #5.

today i set fsb spread spectrum @ 1.00% instead of off and it works. i haven't tested in depth but i got no errors on test #5 or test #6 within 1 hour:)

spread spectrum does vary the frequency of the bus within a small range to minimize interference.

if i change this setting i realize that in memtest86 the cpu frequency is a little bit smaller. however i can increase the multiplier value to 11.5x without any troubles.

another question of mine: what is a good value to set for AGP Frequency? i have it still on the auto setting. but what is the frequency that is really used?

i hope that this helps someone!

ciao marquito!

system:

AMD athlon XP 3200

2x512Mb Corsair CMX512-3200C2

A7N8X-E Deluxe

• Corsair Employee

Well Nonob, no I dont think you have the exact same same problem!

With that CPU I would set the memory Frequency to 133 MHz and see if that does not solve the issue. However, I really doubt you would be able to run the memory at 166 MHz or higher with a 100 MHz CPU. That is just too much of a bottleneck!

nicoletti

N.P. please let me know how you make out!

RAM GUY,

I did not succeed in testing because the MB of my friend did not boot when my modules were installed in.

I did not test further because I did not want to damage his MB...

So, I would like to replace my modules to see if that can solve my problem.

I have just one question before submit the RMA form : When you would send the modules to me; , Do I have to pay a tax in order to withdraw my modules at the post office here ?

Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,

Luciano

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry I would not know the answer too that, please ask our customer service when you submit the RMA they should be able to answer that for you. However, as far as I know we ship every thing VIA UPS or FEDEX all duties and Taxes paid!

Hi Ram Guy

I have been reading this thread with interest as I have just upgraded to Corsair 3200c2 memory to partner my new xp3200 AMD cpu on the deluxe version (not E) of the A7n8x. (rev 2.0 with 1.7 bios)

I have adjusted my bios settings and voltages to 1.725 for cpu and 2.8v for memory and all errors on memtest have now gone. Temperatures remain well within acceptable levels too (less than 55 degrees) Hooray!! - not quite!

WIndows XP still loads but at 200mhz (400) fsb setting it crashes. It either locks or I get bad_pool_header messages. I thought I would try a clean windows install but it just locks at this speed.

If I drop back to 166mhz all works but slower but a lot slower than my old 2400xp and standard crucial ram.

After three solid days of trying I am at my wits end. I read on another post that Corsair recommend a single gig stick as opposed to two 512mhz as ddr is unreliable. Is this true?

Anything else I could try?

thanks for your help

bigsyuk

Hi bigsyuk,

remove the battery with the power disconnected and clear the bios for about a minute and then put the system back to gather and when you turn it back on go to bios setup and load setup defaults and set the timings and voltage as listed bellow.

CPU Freq.: 200 MHz

CPU Multiplier: 11x (Menu, not Auto)

System Performance: User Defined

Memory Freq.: 100%

Memory Timings: User Defined

Precharge: 6

RAS-CAS: 3

RAS Precharge: 3

CAS Latency: 2.5T

FSB Spread Spectrum: Disabled

AGP Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Vcore: 1.675

DDR Voltage: 2.7V

AGP Voltage: 1.5V

Then please test the modules one at a time with www.memtest.org!

Hi

Done all those things, - memtest86+ gives the memory a clean bill of health. Xp runs at 166mhz but doesn't seem to cope with 200 mhz FSB and 400mhz ddr dula channel. Somebody else referred to a Corair page that suggests a sinlge stick of 1024 is preferable to the dual channel method. I cannot find the link now so just wanted Ram Guys opinion.

I am about to give up - three days and it still won't work!!

Hi Ram Guy

FSb was set at 200 FSB, v core at 1.7v, RAM at 2.8v (2.7 produced errors). RAM Settings 6-3-3-2.5T and set at 100% speed of CPU frequency, i.e. 400mhz.

All settings were followed after reading your posts. Memtest gives a clear run but xp just won't hack it, even after a format and fresh install. Minsute I put my old Pc2100 ram in all works fine (except of course my xp3200 becomes an xp 2500!!).

Somebody sent me a link (which I have lost) which showed a COrsair recommendation of 1 stick for 1024 mb. IS this right?

After three days I have almost given up - it must be acompatibility problem with my board and the ram ( similar thing with my old asus a7m266!) Think I'll steer clear of asus in the future!

Any help greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employee

Please tell me the exact model of MB you have and the CPU speed you have, in addition please tell me the exact settings you had set!

And no we have suggest our Twinx sets for most all NForce2 chipset MB's

Archived