Corsair Community

Corsiar Vengeance Charging & Mic

PloXer

Good day,

I have recently bought the Vengeance 2000 to replace my aging logitech G930's. The Vengeance sound quality is better but the G930's have better surround sound. I assume the matter will be addressed by the Dolby 2.0 drivers.

I have 2 questions:

1) Can the Vengeance 2000 charge when the PC is turned off?

I used to plug my old G930's into the USB, turn off the PC and go to bed. The Vengeance don't seems to work that way and can only charge when PC is on.

2) How to fix the Mic from going to 100% the whole time.

Since I am still learning the 2000, I tend to Alt Tab a lot in game to change the EQ settings to suit my taste. Every time I change settings I have noticed that the Mic went up say from 30% to 100% and I ended up shouting to my friends in TS3. Which apparently is very annoying for them :laughing:

I have also noticed that using Win-amp and putting the Mic up to mute it have the same affect.... Mic = 100%

I am using the latest 1.7 drivers with EQ-profile-update-v1_1

Any help will be greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employee

1.) It'll depend on if the USB ports on your PC stay on. If it does, it'll work. You can also use a cell phone charger too (which is what I do).

2.) You can mute the mic in your sound preferences, or just move the mic boom up to mute it automatically. See also what your settings are for the chat program you're using to see if you can normalize the volume.

Thanks for the reply Ram Guy will have a look.

Another weird thing I have noticed is that when the Wireless dongle is plug in when PC starts up, it detects the wireless as a USB mass storage device and it takes my PC about 5 minutes to get into Windows. If I unplug the dongle and startup it takes less than a minute to get into Windows.

With dongle in PC I can hardly change Bios settings, it takes forever to select an option (almost like lag) With the dongle plugged out Bios is lighting fast

Surely thats not normal?

Nono. It is only there, when you charge it. And you cant normally hear it, cause the loopback is to quiet for. You just stick in the loading cable (only with loopback in windows active - same as if you would talk to another person on teamspeak) and you can instantly hear the 50Hz noise (i guess it is 50Hz, can't confirm, i got no osciloscope). If you then touch anything

on ground it is gone so long the my body is "on ground".

If it is not charging, it is great.

What i tried so far: My PC: Noise, Laptop at work: Noise, another Laptop at work: Noise, different usb chargers from cellphones: More noise (no matter which i try). I tried on lappy with psu sticked in and only on battery, no difference. Some powered usb hubs with just the power connection: Noise.

What i will try in some minutes is a battery pack to recharge cellphones. I wonder what will happen then.

To me it looks like the body whos wearing the Headset is an antenna and the mic records this, but only if you charge. As i wrote, its completly gone, when you touch ground.

Funny Thing about this is, i found only one Desktop where the noise isnt there. That was the Windows XP Machine from my uncle. But all other

Machines i found: Noise. And believe me, we got alot at work... :)

Sad thing is, i need this one in both scenarios. Wired and wireless... So i dunno what to do right? Give it back to the shop and buy another? I really love your stuff and your support... But what will i do when this never get fixed?

Regards,

Andreas

• Corsair Employee
Your particular headset may be more sensitive to grounding issues from what you described. Try an exchange to see if it makes a difference (you can do it through us instead as well and request it to be tested by Tech Support before it's sent out).

If you think it could help, we can give it a try. But i wonder what will happen, when i run into the same issue? More would be interesting if you can confirm you got the same issue with my Headset over there. To be honest, i can't understand whats going on here. Okay, i got some PCs in my rooms. Seems, I'am somewhat addicted. And I'm sitting near to my 19" Case and another PC Case. But I would understand if the case would be vice versa (when i touch ground, noise starting). But this way around i can't really explain - and I'm electrician. Maybe everything here is to much in the same place. WLAN-Router, DECT-Phones, Cellphone. I dont want to blame the Headset, cause i really love it... But what do i do, when you send me another and i run into the same issue.. :(

Regards,

Andreas

No. I just take it as it come out of my wall... Till i got the V2000, i thought my power here is kinda clean. Today i send back the V2000 and ask for an exchange. Guess i get it tomorow or in 2 days. I hope this will be gone then.

See, i got a wired Headset from Microsoft - lifechat anything. That makes not any noise, so i wonder why the Vengeance bite me..

But also to be hones, my circuit in this rooms (kinda small, i live alone) are kinda dumb. Ive just one circuit for the living room. And i need a couple of

outlet sockets.

I would really love to keep it, but what shall i do? I sadly need it even when i charge it. And I'm not angry or so. More interested in solve things with one of my favorite companies. :) I'm a patiently customer.. :)

Regards,

Andreas

Heya Ramguy! The new one arrived today and its completly the same.

Today i tried to wrap a wire around the microphone, the other end i put to ground - and the noise is nearly completly gone. Is the microphone case on ground anyhow?

Now im really believing. I am a kind of antenna, getting the noise, couple it into the micrphone and this is recording the noise. At the weekend i will try some things with my powercircuit here around. Im sitting near a couple of switching PSUs - maybe they couple into me?

Regards,

Andreas

Not the whole headset. Just the mic. When i find some time over the weekend, i will rearrange my wires and even try to shield them. Ive got to much stuf hanging around there anyways. Someone said here if you isolate yourself from the floor this maybe gone also. This i will try today. I really wonder what goin on here and i wonder in what crazy electric smog i am! :)

But thanks for your afford. I found a workaround for this: I just load it while talking via my USB Accupack. But that is just a temporarily solution.. :)

Regards,

Andreas

Archived