Corsair Community

H100i firmware issue

aNuclearPigeon

I talked to Corsair support and they advised that I RMA it. I ended up RMA'ing through newegg so I could go straight to the 100i while I'm at it. My question now is this, is the firmware update safe yet or should I just deal with any issues it is intended to fix for the time being?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
In the mean time we have updated the thread about doing the update!

firmware version 1.0.4 doesnt work with software 2.1.1 It just says its not the correct firmware version

H100i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing. (Please use Software Version 2.1.1 to do the firmware

I have sp120's quiet edition spinning at 100% Its just terrible

stop, dont bother with 1.0.4.

Corsair took it down from the forum and the h100i product page for a reason. I think it was causing too many problems and wasnt tested enough. Wait for the next firmware update.

I'm surprised it took them this long. They should've pulled it immediately when they found that it caused a whine.

I just installed it like 6 hours ago! I've currently got the quiet version fans in and there spinning at full rpm it sounds like!

When I have 2.2.0 corsair link installed when I set the fans to quiet mode nothing happens! None of the fan modes work! They just stay loud!!

My led light is on and pumps seem ok, so I just need a FW update and I should be ok ??

So all I can do really is just plug fans into other fan headers and control them that way? But then I can't have the fans automatically adjust to the heat of the CPU!!

Hopefully wont have to wait to long til a FW that works and or doesn't brick systems!!

FYI

We will have a new version of Corsair Link Software that will address this issue soon. Probably after the first of the year.

Can give an ETA yet as it is has not cleared internal Beta testing yet, once it has then we will release it in Beta to a few users here and see how it goes.

After the first Of the year?

As in the 1/1/13 or the 1/2/13 ?

• 2 weeks later...
yeah CorsairLink does not work with 3rd party fans well, not even their own retail fans.

Hang tight until they release the new firmware. You cant roll back to the previous firmware.

I have some SilenX 120mm fans connected to mine and I can control their speed just fine, no whining issues or anything of the sort. And even at 100% they are WAAAAY quieter than the stock Corsair fans that came with the H100i kit.

I bought some cheap Arctic F12 PWM fans and they are working well together with the link software.

All noise problems fixed.

Only thing im kinda sad about now is the link software (Sierra Service) looking up my HDD's all the time preventing them from hibernating.

Corsair please fix this, if you really want us to be able to monitor drive temps then at least give us an option to disable it. :)

• Corsair Employee
Only thing im kinda sad about now is the link software (Sierra Service) looking up my HDD's all the time preventing them from hibernating.

Corsair please fix this, if you really want us to be able to monitor drive temps then at least give us an option to disable it. :)

This is something that we have looked into and will consider an option to disable it. But not finalized yet so I would't say for sure until it's official. Let's wait for the SW version and see what the changes are.

This is something that we have looked into and will consider an option to disable it. But not finalized yet so I would't say for sure until it's official. Let's wait for the SW version and see what the changes are.

Sounds great, thanks! =)

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw this. Having the exact same problem with my H80i...great. Let me know if you find a solution.

Got same issue with H100i, it works perfect about 25 times, then I reboot due to WIN 7 updates and after restart, Link 2.2.0 says H100i not connected, I checked everything 2 times, still didn't work, so I ask reseller for replacement :[pouts:

Is there a official firmware up to date and fixed everyone's issue. I'm unsure if i should download mine cuz my cooler works fine without the firmware installed. I think i'll wait til there is an actual fix and update. I will keep tabs on this forum and OCN. What is the latest update? I am using version 2.2.0

The latest software for the Hydro series i coolers as of now is V2.2.0.

The latest firmware for the Hydro Series i coolers is 1.05 which adds support for the Corsair PWM fans.

is that so? Where can i get 1.0.5.

I only got 1.0.4 from corsair website when it used to be there,

Archived