Corsair Community

P5AD2 Premium Compatibility Issue

dpatch24

Yes! You can go here: [url]http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/bios/afudos.aspx[/url] First, take a look at "2. Use built-in EZ Flash BIOS to Refresh". Download the newest BIOS file from ASUS and decompress it. Rename the file AD2P1008.AMI to P5AD2P.ROM and place it on a floppy. (And yes, the correct way to name the file is P5AD2P.ROM regardless of what it says. It will not work if named like the example on the site. I have tried!) This will fix the problem (I hope). [B]And I also hope that someone can tell me how to set up my RAM for 711MHz (or maybe a little bit more)?[/B]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='frpe82']Yes! You can go here: [url]http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/bios/afudos.aspx[/url] First, take a look at "2. Use built-in EZ Flash BIOS to Refresh". Download the newest BIOS file from ASUS and decompress it. Rename the file AD2P1008.AMI to P5AD2P.ROM and place it on a floppy. (And yes, the correct way to name the file is P5AD2P.ROM regardless of what it says. It will not work if named like the example on the site. I have tried!) This will fix the problem (I hope). [/QUOTE] Thanks for the prompt reply, it is really helpfull. Just one question: can I actually flash my bios without having a CPU? I alway though you need a CPU for everything :) The issue is that the ASUS support page "user built-in ez flash bios to refresh" says one has to boot up the machine, but mine stops booting at POST (I do not get to run the bios even). Will it still work? Anyway, I'll just give it a try. But now I have to install a floppy drive into that damn pc. I just tried to avoid that. Why cannot one flash the rom from an usb stick? Thanks again for your help.

Yeah, I have just tried it now. I tried to boot up the machine (while pressing Alt-F2 as the support page says) but I kept getting the "system failed, cpu test" POST message regardless of what I did. Shall I remove the CPU from the mobo to make EZ-Flash work?

Doesn't help either: when the cpu is removed, boot stops with POST error message "no cpu installed" before even progressing to EZ-Flash. Now: I have a mobo that needs to be flashed to support the one and only processor I have around. But I cannot flash without getting the CPU to work. Catch 22?

Hmmm... I guess you have to replace your mobo with a new one or try another CPU. Go to a retailer and ask if they can install another CPU and flash your BIOS or something... Maybe they will if you are really nice to them... If nothing else works, contact your retailer or ASUS about your mobo and replace it with a new one. Sorry but it is all I can say to make you feel better.

Archived