Corsair Community

GS600 V2 Fan whining noise

wangcl116

Hello all,

I bought a Corsair GS600 V2 and I just received it yesterday, everything was fine until the fan starts whining. While playing games, the fan spins fine and it sounds fine. But when the system is idle, the fan is like: spin-stop-spin-stop, and sometimes the fan kept trying to spin but wouldn't completely spin. The fan looks like it can not decide whether spin or not, lol It makes the loud weird noise almost all the time.

Here is the video:

Is that normal? The sound is actually very loud and it makes me crazy!! I have checked every other things, disabled all the CPU power saving features in BIOS but didn't work.

I searched the forum, and I think I'm having the exact same problem as in this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=109687

"PSu is just barely getting to the point where it reaches the thermal limit and is trying to figure out if it wants to start or not."

I thinks that's the reason, but there's nothing I can do about it? Do I RMA it through Corsair to get it replaced?

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand my story.

Thanks for your help!!

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry about that, please use the link on the left and request an RMA then let me know the case number and I will contact you with instructions as we would like to get that PSU back here for evaluation.

I am sorry about that, please use the link on the left and request an RMA then let me know the case number and I will contact you with instructions as we would like to get that PSU back here for evaluation.

Hi RAM GUY,

Thanks for the reply,

My RMA case number is 4967319.

And do I get a pre-paid shipping label with it or I have to pay for the shipping? Just asking, because I just got this PSU 5 days ago.

If you just purchased it 5 days ago it would be best to start with your reseller first and have it replaced through them.

You would be responsible for shipping costs to Corsair and they will pay to send it back to you.

If your reseller is unable or won't help , then i would go through an RMA.

If you just purchased it 5 days ago it would be best to start with your reseller first and have it replaced through them.

You would be responsible for shipping costs to Corsair and they will pay to send it back to you.

If your reseller is unable or won't help , then i would go through an RMA.

Thanks, but I purchased the psu online through a website, it takes same amount of time to send it back to reseller as to Corsair, and I thought Corsair must know the problem better....

• 3 weeks later...
We've just replied to you on that case #. We have provided all the steps that you need to get the unit replaced.

Hi ramguy, I have got my gs600 replaced, I really appreciate the nice customer service. Best after sale service I have ever seen.

But the replacement has the exact same problem, the noise remains when the fan tries to start spinning......I would say it's slightly lower than the original one but it's still pretty loud, most annoying thing is the fan constantly doing on/off/on/off/on/off and making noises when system is idle, just so annoying!..hm

Can I request another RMA? But I don't think it will solve the problem, with these two PSUs, it seem it's the problem of the thermal control design.

Any solutions please!!?? Can I request different model replacement through RMA?

Can I request another RMA? But I don't think it will solve the problem, with these two PSUs, it seem it's the problem of the thermal control design.

You sure can! However , you'll want to call CS by phone with your previous RMA number and they will take care of shipping both ways on second RMA's.

If you are overseas, you can install SKYPE and use that to make the call to the toll free line for nothing. The number is listed on the main website page under"contact" at the bottom.

ny solutions please!!?? Can I request different model replacement through RMA?

Again, this is something you will want to talk to a CS agent and ask them about it.

Cheers!

I am sorry about that I did just speak to our customer service and they will contact you shortly and send a pre paid shipping label to send that one back and send you a different model of PSU

It has been a week, and they still haven't contacted yet. Is there anything I should do?

• 3 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have the exact same issues and it is really annoying.

My build:

Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black SATA III 7200rpm 64MB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHZ Edition 2GB DDR5

CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 3,4 Ghz O/C 4.3 Ghz

PSU: Corsair GS600

I got this noise coming from the PSU, I got my PC on 24/7 because of some applications and I sleep next to it, and it's really bad.

The thing is that I recalled that happening a month ago , and I bought it 3 years and 2 months ago. I guess I am out of warranty? Is there anything I can do to stop this noise?

ERP, C1E and EIST are disabled for good.

I noticed that one month ago since I overclocked my CPU to 4.3 Ghz without increasing the voltages. CPU is stable 24/7 5 months now, the thing is this annoying sound, with my VMware on and the application running and some browser's which is what I leave my PC overnight is when that sound kicks in. Sometimes when I run a game also.

Are there any solutions since I guess I am out of warranty? Can I get it to someone who knows electronics that can fix it ?

Or will an aftermarket fan fix this? I can do that myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

The thing is that I recalled that happening a month ago , and I bought it 3 years and 2 months ago. I guess I am out of warranty? Is there anything I can do to stop this noise?

You're certain it's past 3 years? Do you have a copy of the receipt?

Archived