Corsair Community

SP2500 update problem

marangoni

There is a complete silence on the updating problem face by the many owners of the SP2500 and nothing on this matter from the support department. I don't like to RMA back the item as the freight charges can murder me (I'm from Asia)

Corsair - where are you :confused::confused::confused:

Agree with above.

Hope Corsair can come with a solution to this problem quickly.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
We are looking into this now sorry it is taking some time to work it out. But if you are not having a problem I would not worry about the update. It will not have any impact on their functionality. But if you do have an issue then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace the POD just explain the issue in the problem description.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it time to add some features also? I mean, sp2500 been out for quite some time now, and the only fix is "sub unmute" and languge. At the very least you could've added some EQs. I myself would like to have a real EQ, so I can set it as I like. Should be possible to set with one button, if not then you could make the presets with your computer then inject into an update.

And also, maybe more importantly, it would be nice to be able to change between headset and spekers with a button. I mean, it's aimed for gamers (with headsets).. Needing to take the headset cable out every time is going to break the cable or connector sooner rather then later. Or is there some hardware limitation that makes this impossible?

Or maybe you could make the code open source so the community can add what it like. (But if one installs custom FW the warranty is void, ofc) But I guess that's not going to happen. :p Well, still love the sp2500, but would like to love it even more. :D

We have identified the problem and a new update will be posted next week. It was actually an issue with the extraction utility used to create the .exe when using a 64 Bit O.S.

It's March and still no status on this update you mentioned?

Never expect such service from Corsair :(:

The updater goes online to get updates. Have you run it and seen if it's grabbed anything new?

It goes online and 'no updatable found for this device'. Just when Corsair can gives the SP2500 owners a bug-free updater program :confused:

Apparently there must be a major fault in which Corsair has no answer. They keep on delaying the update of the software by who-know-what group. I'm really pissed by this kind of support and my next hardware upgrade will be be Corsair. That's a promise.

Oh yes, rma from my location, the postage can let me upgrade a better gaming system.

Installs fine for me but it blows up on trying to run the update. Sounds like I'm not the only one having the problem. Please post here when these issues are resolved. I don't need to update the firmware so I will just wait until these issues are ironed out.

Installs fine for me but it blows up on trying to run the update. Sounds like I'm not the only one having the problem. Please post here when these issues are resolved. I don't need to update the firmware so I will just wait until these issues are ironed out.

There are many, many, many owners are facing the same problem. Yet, nothing coming from the support desk. Such customer's service is real bad for the company like Corsair.

If you do not want to wait, install a vm such as vmware or virtualbox and put windows xp or windows 7 32bit. Much easier than waiting.

I just registered to thank you, ran virtual box as windows 7 the updater installed, ran the updater in compatibility mode windows 7 as it was crashing and now I'm on the latest firmware.

Shameful how long Corsair are taking to repair this.

For those who are still having problem in updating the firmware to 1.05.08A, here are the steps I performed to have the firmware updated.

1 - Grab the latest updater software from the support section.

2 - Run the updater to install it on your system. Mine is a Win7 Pro x64.

3 - Go to Start -> All Program -> Corsair and run the SP2500 Updater.

4 - Switch off and on the SP2500 and connect a USB cable.

5 - Let the program do the necessary updating and you are done.

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstalled and downloaded newest version. Get error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Error!

Program:

C:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\sp2500updater\dfusedemo.exe

HEAP CORRUPTION DETECTED: after Normal block (#147) at 0x04C17AB0

CRT detected that the application wrote memory after end of the heap buffer.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

• Corsair Employee
That sounds like some other issue, can you try the update on another system like a NOTEBOOK or other computer? You don't have to connect the Audio only the USB cable and the speakers need to be powered.

I also had problems trying to update the firmware on my Win 7 x64 computer but the below instructions worked fine for me after I installed the USB driver sttube64.7z from the quoted link below and I could update my firmware to the latest version available 105.08A flawlessly.

So just follow these instructions and it should go fine.

By the way, I updated my firmware using the latest Updater available, which is 1020 at the time I wrote this message.

Hi folks,

I could solve the updateproblem on 64bit system.

Here is how to do:

1. turn off the Pod

2. connect the Pod to the PC

3. turn on the Pod and now the driver has to be installed

4. download this http://www2.corsair.com/software/SP2500/Driver/sttube64.7z

5. extract this and start the containing dpinst.exe, now the driver is going to be installed

6. download this http://www2.corsair.com/software/SP2500/Updater/SP2500Updater_1_013.txt

7. change the file to SP2500Updater_1_013.exe

8. execute SP2500Updater_1_013.exe and you can update

So hope this works for you

greetings maulbongo

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Error!

Program:

C:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\sp2500updater\dfusedemo.exe

HEAP CORRUPTION DETECTED: after Normal block (#169) at 0x04350AD0.

CRT detected that the application wrote memory after end of the heap buffer.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

The updater then runs in the background searching updates and then crashes.

• 1 month later...
Hi folks,

I could solve the updateproblem on 64bit system.

Here is how to do:

1. turn off the Pod

2. connect the Pod to the PC

3. turn on the Pod and now the driver has to be installed

4. download this http://www2.corsair.com/software/SP2500/Driver/sttube64.7z

5. extract this and start the containing dpinst.exe, now the driver is going to be installed

6. download this http://www2.corsair.com/software/SP2500/Updater/SP2500Updater_1_013.txt

7. change the file to SP2500Updater_1_013.exe

8. execute SP2500Updater_1_013.exe and you can update

So hope this works for you

greetings maulbongo

I could not get the setup to run on Win 7 64bit it would just crash. So I found this thread and tried these steps above on Win 7, same problem updater would crash. Tried as administrator... crash. Tried in XP compatibility mode... crash.

Finally I installed and fired up the XP mode feature in Windows 7, tried it there and lo and behold no crash! Installation failure instead! :mad:

I tried but could not complete the above steps as the link is for the 64 bit USB driver which won't work on XP32.

http://www2.corsair.com/software/SP2500/Driver/sttube.7z <- here is the 32 bit USB driver.

So finally the steps were:

1) Download and install the 64bit USB driver as in step 4 above.

2) Download and install XP Mode in Windows 7 (note this feature is for Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise versions of Windows 7 only - you will need another virtual machine software if you have Home Premium or lower).

3) Download and install 7zip in the XP Virtual PC.

4) Download and install the 32bit USB driver above.

5) Click the USB menu at the top of the Virtual PC session and attach the STM32 device.

6) Continue from the original step 5 posted by maulbongo.

I tried many other things and this was the ONLY way that worked for me. Complicated and long winded but I got there in the end, hope this helps someone. This is not good form from Corsair, their hardware products are known to be pretty good but their software is kinda holding them back.

^ Thanks for the info.. quite helpful.

Now can anybody point/provide me the changelog for the firmwares pls..?

My set came with 1.05.06 and after reading all the issues, i only intend to upgrade unless there is some serious feature added or critical flaw removed.

Thanks in advance :)

A sticky will be good i think.

^ Thanks for the info.. quite helpful.

Now can anybody point/provide me the changelog for the firmwares pls..?

My set came with 1.05.06 and after reading all the issues, i only intend to upgrade unless there is some serious feature added or critical flaw removed.

Thanks in advance :)

A sticky will be good i think.

It fixes some Japanese characters if you use japanese language. and something about the subwoofer. But nothing which increases sound quality or real fixes which should concern you. It was flawless before, and also after the update for me. :biggrin:

Archived