Corsair Community

problems with 800D USB 3 front panel upgrade

krsboss

Firstly, before I get started, I would just like to say that I think it's great that Corsair have taken the time to provide upgrades for the 800D, I love my case, and though everything inside keeps changing (some all too rapidly), it's good that I'm able to play around and update the case itself :biggrin:

As the title to the thread suggests however, I've had some problems whilst upgrading the front panel to USB 3.

As I have an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro motherboard, I got with it a 20 pin to 2 x type A USB 3 connector that you are supposed to mount in a PCI slot at the back. I removed the plate and used the ample space in the rear of the case to attach the 2 USB cables from the new front panel...

...the only problem being...that now they don't work!

The regular USB sockets work fine, however it's the 2 USB 3 that aren't functional. Here's the strange part though, I can connect my mobile phone to either of the new front-panel USB 3 ports and it will happily charge!

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Cheers, krs

• Corsair Employee
Did you make sure that you updated the USB3.0 drivers? If you have and did not fix the issue, submit an RMA and we will be able to send you a replacement free of charge and you don't have to send the defective unit back to us.

ok...thanks for the responses...further to some suggestions above I have tried plugging the cables from the front panel into the rear USB 3.0 ports on my mobo, which seems to be working fine :D (apart from leaving me feeling a little sheepish and possibly stupid that I didn't think to do it in the first place!!!

...as I can't get any USB device to work whilst connected to the ASUS splitter / 20 -> 2x type A adapter I guess it either means I've been unable to initialize the port or the ASUS cable came broke! Guess I'm gonna have to order a new splitter!

Archived