Corsair Community

Force Series 3 120 GB still hanging/BSOD

Is there a way to use a different driver for the 6gig/s connection? I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-Rev 2.0 motherboard if that helps.

This is the newest driver for Marvell 88SE9128 SATA controller, you may want to try this. Anyway, if you want to use your SSD at full speed, it is recommeded to use native Intel/AMD SATA3 controller.

by parted magic and in the bios yes, but when i try to secure erase it says my drive is in "sleep" mode and cannot be erased..

When PartedMagic finds your SSD in a "frozen" state, it offers a workaround: set your PC to hibernate, reactivate it and then you can perform SecureErase.

by parted magic and in the bios yes, but when i try to secure erase it says my drive is in "sleep" mode and cannot be erased...

any other ideas? This is stressing me out.

Reading the instructions and the note on the download page is always a good start ;):

We have prepared a short guide with pictures for using Parted Magic to secure erase your SSD.

Cheers! ::pirate::

NOTE: If you get a message saying that your drive is locked and cannot be secure erased, with Parted Magic still running, remove the power and data cable from the drive for 1 minute. Reattach the cables and then try again.

::pirate::

Archived