Corsair Community

Mic Volume Issue

tkout

I keep having to re-adjust mic volume through out use of my various voip applications.

For some reason the applications are overriding the audio control panel settings.

I never had this problem with my logitech g35s, can we please get a fix?

Tx!

You are going to have to be more specific in a few ways.

Most importantly are the applications. What are they? We may already know how to fix whatever is wrong, but we do not know what problem you have.

Secondly there is the matter of your system. Are you speaking about the HS1 or the Vengeance series? And what OS? Do you have any audio programs that may have settings that could get in the way? (Things like Dragon Naturally Speaking's system tray icon.)

I'm using

Vengeance 1500s w/1.1 drivers

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I mainly go between BF3's VOIP (http://www.sonar-api.com/)

Google Voice through GMail for voice calls

Skype(All auto adjustment disabled)

Steam

What's happening is I'm going between these applications and for some reason the mic volume will just change to a level where it's uncomfortable for people on the other side of the voip application.

Sadly I have no real experience with any of those applications. I tried to check out the Sonar-API, but the site has exactly zero options besides signing up for a beta that I am not going to do.

(I just wanted to see what the API was built on, but they deny that much even.)

I am one of the few gamers that you may ever know that has never installed Steam too, so I may just be odd.

Skype is pretty ugly about messing with the microphone settings.

And Google Voice is unproblematic to me.

So when you say you have to keep adjusting volume, are you having to adjust up or down, or does it vary? Does it reset to a particular volume level? Do other audio settings remain unchanged?

I know it seems like an inquisition, but I want to solve this as much as you! (Probably a bit less, but I understand your frustration.)

• Corsair Employee
In whatever App you use there should be an option to save your settings so you do not have to re-adjust them every time. I would suggest contacting the respective application support for how to save user settings or try a Google search for how to save setting in (Your Application).

All my applications are set for that MINUS google talk. There is no adjustment option for the google talk plugin.

And I just found out that that is the application having the issues. I just was testing my settings and had the control panel open and watched the volume go up as I was testing the mic.

• 2 years later...

I also use Dragon NaturallySpeaking for everything on my system, i.e. gaming, telephone (Skype), such as posting these texts, etc., And I really need a microphone/headset to function properly. I have used Corsair products (power supplies, flash drives etc.) in the past, and have never been disappointed with their quality. But, these headsets (not just yours ALL 5.1/7.1) have been driving me insane trying to get them to work properly!

Any Assistance on what I should do would be greatly appreciated?

--------------

Cooler Master 932 advanced

Crosshair V Formula FX-8350@4.4xx ghz

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133@1600 MHz (For Now)

Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B (For Now) but will be upgrading to something watercooled.

CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W

Hanns-G HL272HPB Black 27" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor

Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Hello, I do remember seeing that setting but I do not recall if I had changed it or not. But I will try and see if that changes anything.

The main issue at first, is that the microphone does not get loud enough No matter what loudness I have it set to, to either register with Dragon NaturallySpeaking to set it up. As I had stated previously, I must use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to even use my computer, so it is a necessity.

Well, as I was browsing through the other posts here on the Corsair forums, I came across the post "Corsair Headset "USB" Control Panel Gone", and I thought I would try out the suggestion that was given. As I was doing so, everything seemed to work. I do not know if it is just because of the driver that I had been installed (Via the mentioned post) but, these headsets sound horrible! The mic works perfectly (cranked all the way up) but, as previously stated, these headphones sound horrible as compared to an older model of Plantronics 2.0 headsets.

As I had previously mentioned (or I should have mentioned) i had installed the driver That was given in that previous mentioned posting, and everything worked right off the bat. I am kind of leery in installing the newer set of drivers in fear that everything may get screwed up. (The ones that go to this model)

I also use Dragon NaturallySpeaking for everything on my system, i.e. gaming, telephone (Skype), such as posting these texts, etc., And I really need a microphone/headset to function properly. I have used Corsair products (power supplies, flash drives etc.) in the past, and have never been disappointed with their quality. But, these headsets (not just yours ALL 5.1/7.1) have been driving me insane trying to get them to work properly!

Any Assistance on what I should do would be greatly appreciated?

--------------

Cooler Master 932 advanced

Crosshair V Formula FX-8350@4.4xx ghz

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133@1600 MHz (For Now)

Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B (For Now) but will be upgrading to something watercooled.

CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W

Hanns-G HL272HPB Black 27" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor

Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Get a good creative sound card and a pair of 1300s. Always had issues with anything USBdriven. Stereo headsets with good sound cards that supports dolby 5.1/7.1 are far superior in both compatibility with programs and sound quality. At least creative is. Did have issues with my Asus sound card but I was using a true 5.1 storm sirus headset. Piece of crap. Programs never knew what speakers to output sound. True 5.1 is actually 3 speakers and a sub woofer in each ear cup.

Archived