Corsair Community

H100 Thermal paste

KittyFungus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just ordered some IX, but it is shipping via slow boat from China. Ill post up when I get a chance to switch out my TIM.

yeenoghu: Which 120x38mm fans are you going to use?

I got two of these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5642/fan-285/Panaflo_H1A_120mm_Hi-Speed_Fan_BX_w_RPM_Sensor_FBA12G12H1BX.html

One thing I noticed though, I'm using the two fans from the H70 for pull right now, and I wasn't able to install all 4 screws in each of the two fans. Seems like something wasn't aligning correctly, and it was a bit of a squeeze to get the 2 fans in. Not sure why this is, but when I get around to installing the Panaflos I'll probably take everything out and remount it all. Might have just been me being dumb :roll:

@SixXxShooTeR: In my post at the top of the page, it links to a doc from Indigo Xtreme showing compatibility with the H60, which is the same retention mechanism as the H100.

From what I see the inset screws are outside of the CPU dye contact patch, so it should not be an issue since the H100 does not use a spring mechanism for its mobo/socket attachment.

We will find out after I get the product, I was too lazy to uninstall my h100 to look at it in person, so i am going off of pictures. If not, meh... it was only 17 bucks for 3 applications.

I'm also wondering how it would perform with a fully lapped water block and a lapped CPU. Or if you need a stock surface on the CPU. Either way i'm looking to drop my idle temps abit. My I-7 920 at 4.5ghz is idleing at 44c. With full loads at 65. Which really isn't bad at all. But im always looking for better. It advertises 2-4c over the best TIM. Right now all i have on hand is MX-2. I wonder how much i can shave off by lapping and indigo. They are showing about 3.5c drop from that. Plus im not running as much voltage as they are for their 4.2ghz OC that they tested with.

I might just order some in a couple of days to see .

If i decide to do so, i'll be sure to post my results. :) Thanks!

The lapping process shouldn't hurt performance, however the difference will be less noticeable versus applying the IX to a non-lapped CPU/block. If that makes sense... its still really early today.

Also, as you probably know, liquid cooling (for the most part) isn't the best for getting super low idle temps. It really shines in cutting down temps under load (where it really matters). For example my idle temps with the H100 are within 1-2*C (higher) of what they were with my Megahalems air cooler... yet load temps ate 10+*C lower.

Same here! Took the plunge today. So as soon as it shows up i'll post my results as well!

I guess my curiosity got the best of me! :)

LOL, same here, mine should be here in a few days but currently waiting for new memory modules, should be interesting to be sure.

Okay, mine arrived today. I'll have results in another day or so. I had to flush/refill my watercooling system. So that had to come first. Got my before screenshots ready just need to change out the IX and i'll post both results. With and without the overclock.

Archived