Corsair Community

Force 3 Issue

klepper

Where is this new thread? Link me. It's not the same thread as the original bad ones is it? I'm having the same problems as he is. CLEAN Install, I installed it on the RST 10.1 drivers and upgraded to the 10.5.0.1026 drivers. Only one of my drives seems to be having the problems.

http://darrellx.com/ScreenShot023.jpg

Okay, I tried to change SATA 6 cables, the ones that came with the ASUS motherboard were quite nice. Maybe include cables that Corsair thinks works well -eh? Anyways, I tried upping the PCH Voltage to 1.15v and I got about 12 hour run that time. I SO hoped that would do it. Then, today (6/23) I can almost sense it, things start to not respond, I'm saving things and closing things down as fast as I can, and sure enough, everything freezes, I see high resolution garble on the screen, then it reboots. This is the process I hit every single time that works: I shut down, it starts back up saying that it's failed. (This time though, the "Good" SSD that always has been there, is shown as failed and missing.) So I shut down again, when I come back it shows both SSD's there, but one is in the bottom now. It then says "Insert bootable media" I shut down again. Wait a few more seconds, and turn it on, then it goes into windows as normal. Yeah my 6TB Raid 5 is checking and rebuilding, again, but I'm good again and writing in this post.

At least both of these are bad, I suppose. Advanced RMA, here I come. Third time's the charm, right?

I realize this is frustrating but please bear with me. We WILL make this right for you as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Please try the following steps.

Remove the 2 SSDs from the RAID array using the Intel RAID BIOS

Secure erase both SSDs AND clear the CMOS.

Reset the PCH voltage to 1.15v

Reinstall Windows just like you did last time using the most recent Intel driver.

Archived