Corsair Community

CMZ6GX3M3A2000C10 wont operate XMS profile 1

fix85

I have an EVGA x58 FTW3 Mobo. i can not for the life of me get these to operate with XMS. I updated the bios, and loaded defaults, and still nothing. Ive seen threads where people suggested running XMS profile 2, but i only have the 1 to choose from. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi fix85,

Have you tried manual settings? Or testing the modules to see if there is a fault in one?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

To test the ram, load Setup/Failsafe Defaults in BIOS and try the memory Voltage at 1.65.

With some motherboards you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test, to prevent false errors.

Test with Memtest86+ (link is on the left)through at least 4 passes OR until you get an error.

If you get an error, you'll have to test each module one at a time in a single slot.

If they all pass you can test each slot you intend to use one at a time to make sure they are working properly.

I have an EVGA x58 FTW3 Mobo. i can not for the life of me get these to operate with XMS. I updated the bios, and loaded defaults, and still nothing. Ive seen threads where people suggested running XMS profile 2, but i only have the 1 to choose from. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My friend has the same motherboard as you and is running the 1600 Vengeance modules. He doesn't use XMP. He swears that setting things manually is the only way to go. He said you will have to overclock your CPU to get that memory to run at that speed. He suggests going to the EVGA forums and ask for help getting set up.

im not sure if Vengeance is rated for 1.65 safely, thats why my hesitation to tell him to do so.

better he does that after hearing an official Corsair employee advise him to do so no?

AFAIK all of their DDR3 modules are rated at least 1.65v, but yes, it's best to wait for an official answer from Corsair.

Archived