Corsair Community

Memory Serial Number not listed under Tech Support Express

I have a faulty memory module i need to raise an RMA request for but when I go to the Tech Support Express Page (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx) and select 'Computer Memory', the serial number on the module is not listed.

It's a 2gb xms3 dhx ddr3 module, serial no:

CM3X2G1600C9DHX

I run 2 of these modules and memtest86+ (as well as the Vista Mem Diag tool) gives errors only when this DIM is installed, and with only the faulty DIM installed, the machine will not boot at all, even from a CD. With the other (working) DIM installed alone, my PC works fine.

Could you please assist me to raise an RMA against this? I'm in the UK if that's relevant.

Thanks in advance,

There are no serial numbers on TSX. They're all part numbers. Either way, that part number is for one stick, and that memory isn't sold 1 stick at a time. Look for the KIT part number. Check your receipt, but it's probably TW3X4G1600C9DHX.

Excellent thankyou, I've submitted my RMA and it's been approved.

Currently I'm running my PC on the 1 working stick. Is it 100% necessary to send both the faulty and working sticks back in order to receive a matched pair replacement?

I'm not overclocking or anything and ideally would like to keep my PC running in the meantime. If it is necessary I'll send both back.

Archived