Corsair Community

2 X256 not detected for RAID

1on1

My second time replacing these drives within a month, and I finally got them back today. I was told they did not have the regular ones, and they only had the refurbished ones.

When I first started my computer, I got a BSOD. I ignored it and install both drives and set RAID 0 in bios. I install Windows 7 64-bit. After installation, my computer only sees one of the ssd. I restart my computer and CTRL + I and all I get is "MS DOS Make CD for Raid Controller." I had never got this, and I never changed anything from the last time I RAID 0. I set the hard drive to IDE in bios and reinstalled windows 7. I don't see the second ssd, so I go into administrative tools and see if it's there. It is not formatted, so I go format the ssd and now it shows. I turn off my computer and set the hard drive to RAID again and I still get the "Make CD for Raid." Am I doing anything wrong?

After all this, I ended up updating my bios to see if it would fix the problem and it does not.

my problem is, I see both ssds if i set the hard drive to IDE. I don't see the second ssd once i set it to RAID. Everytime I CTRL+I, it takes me to the "Make CD Raid"

Previous Case numbers:

No disk. I tried to RAID them this morning and nothing. When I use my regular hard drive and one ssd, it shows the raid controller. I also switched SATA ports and I still get the same error, SSDs don't get detected in RAID mode.

RAID BIOS does not detect them together. They show up when I have my Seagate hard drive only. I hook up both ssds and my seagate, and I still get nothing. RAID BIOS only detects my seagate and one ssd. Since corsair only had refurbished x256 drives, the sticker were the screws go are messed up. I hope this does not effect me.

I have not used Parted Magic because when I first got the drive, they would not detect in RAID BIOS. I just installed windows 7 thinking they would already be raided, but they were not.

I've been using SATA 2. no matter what I do, they would not show up as a RAID together.

I have just sent another RMA request, case #1706750, to just get replacements for these drives. I am stressing over this because my computer has been down for nearly two months.

Archived