Corsair Community

F80 BSOD when resuming from sleep mode

OKstate11

I also am having the BSOD when resuming from sleep mode. I have set my laptop to hibernate (suspend to disk) til you come up with a firmware fix for this issue but I am concerned that hibernate is writing to the disk more than sleep mode and wearing down the disk more than it should.

YellowBeard,

You keep asking people for the firmware version. My question is, why do some people have 1.1 and some 1.0? How do I upgrade my firmware to 1.1. If you say there's no such tool/firmware available, then why are you so interested in the firmware. Can you post a change log for the different firmware versions?

YellowBeard,

You keep asking people for the firmware version. My question is, why do some people have 1.1 and some 1.0? How do I upgrade my firmware to 1.1. If you say there's no such tool/firmware available, then why are you so interested in the firmware. Can you post a change log for the different firmware versions?

I cannot post any additional information at this time. I am dealing with customers on an individual basis.

• Corsair Employee
Have not seen that issue with that MB and our F-80 drives FW1.1 before as I remember, please check with the MB maker and make sure that you have the latest BIOS. Also did you do a fresh install or image this from another HDD or system?

I had the same issues with my F60 and the Intel RST drivers, I removed those and now I can sleep normally. However, waking from sleep is not always smooth. It can take a long time to wake up and the computer acts sluggish for a while, until I either reboot or plug in the netbook.

I have firmware 1.1 on my F60

• 6 months later...

I used to use an MTRON drive way back when they first released and noticed they were the only SSD at that time that did not allow me to set a hard drive lock password within the BIOS. I think they had a reasoning behind this. Read on ...

Over the past month I was suffering through the same issues as everyone here, re-install, re-formatting, changing drivers, safe-mode, etc. I even bought a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 thinking it would help (I originally used the ISO from digitalriver). What upset me the most was that out of the box, suspend worked using the Intel Matrix Storage Driver 8.xx mentioned earlier in this thread! Suddenly, the system would lag coming out of suspend to the point of a BSOD. Other times, it would just freeze, or go directly to the BSOD. It seemed to get progressively worse so I decided to just install the Intel Rapid Storage Driver 10.xx to see if I would have better luck. At this point, I would get BSOD's 100% of the time on resume from suspend. This upset me.

Currently, using HP Elitebook 8440p with Intel Core-i5 520M with the Intel QM57 chipset. As usual, hibernation always works. While suffering through this problem, I killed an SSD from a competitor (also using the SF-1200 controller) by hibernating too many times I suppose; it literally died on a resume from hibernate and no longer detects in the system or on a USB dongle or SATA dongle. Afraid of doing the same to my brand new Corsair F80 using a factory install of firmware 2.1a, I did a few things and forgot to turn back on my hard drive lock password (set in BIOS). I did a suspend by accident instead of hibernate. When I woke up the machine, to my surprise, it did not freeze, lag, or lock. The entire drive initialized again and all was well.

How many people here use a BIOS hard drive lock on their drives? Try disabling it, and try suspend/sleep/S3 and wake it up.

I really, honestly, desperately, hope this works for some. I spent over $1k in the past three years on various SSD's and want my money's worth.

My guess is that when a system is in suspend, and you wake it up, the BIOS is issuing an unlock command to the SSD that the controller does not know how to handle appropriately. This causes the drive to lag, trip over itself, and cause a BSOD. Apparently, this is an SSD issue since I have switched back to my traditional drives to find that a password drive lock works just fine. Switching the password back on with my SSD causes the problem to recur. Turning it off, fixes it.

The only thing I have yet to do is to do a prolonged suspend, greater than an hour or so. Previously, before I messed with anything, no drive password, I could suspend to RAM for up to 30 minutes. Anything after and the drive would lag out and windows would BSOD. If this does the trick, it would save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

This would also give me another reason to be able to use BitLocker - I've always liked BIOS HD password locks for simplicity, but my Elitebook does have a TPM module that I should put to good use.

Cheers to everyone, and good luck!

Archived