Corsair Community

[Tutorial] Restoring SSD performance and imaging Disk

ewarwoowar

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry,another question: x128 splitted in 2 partitions(volumes or discs) as contains 2 OS (xp+win7). I have done full backup with Acronis True Image Home2010 (in 6-7 min.;)

after secure eraze as I understand ssd will be unalloceted space, so I need to format ssd to same blank partitions with Partition magic on another comp, right?

after work i'll try to unfreeze ssd secure erase command by unplug SATA data cable and power from drive and plug power/data cable into drive :\

I moved my system over to my SSD leaving the SSD blank and letting True Image build the partitions. You may also want to look into alignment of the partitions on 4K blocks, that may or may not be proper after the restore.

You should not have to do anything to the SSD before restoring the image, mine was a virgin unit.

• 1 month later...

Just courius.....is there any specific reason not to use Acronis driveCleanser under tools in Acronis true image with quick option ( all Zeroes) instead of parted magic to erase the disk ?

In my tests it seams to do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone at the forum:

As long as I've read the guide and all of your helpful post, I'd like to know if I had a RAID 0 of two X64 SSD, should I:

1. Create an image of my SSDs with Acronis True Image
  2. unbuild the RAID 0
  3. Secure Erase both SSD
  4. Rebuild the RAID 0
  5. Restore my created image from Acronis True Image

My problem is after number 5, should I format the RAID fist? or .. may I just restore my image :) ??

I wait for your replies, and thanks in advance,

Thanks ewarwoowar for the tutorial :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ewarwoowar for your guide.

I've just applied and it seems it work great....

I attach my benchmarking with ATTO.

I have a RAID 0 of two Corsair Extreme Series CMFSSD-64D1 2.5" 64GB SATA, I think ... that the ATTO result, is OK....right ????

http://a.imageshack.us/img816/7282/050920101407.jpg

I'd like to know also, if you can help me somehow... I've been experiment some kind of restart of auto-boot.... of my PC... once I've adquired these 2 X64 SSD. Those boot wasn't when I was playing some hard games or something, it was just when I was surfing at web, and reading something.... so I think it's not something like I put stress to the disk... I think it could be a setting that I'm missing....

They are 2 days old.

Do you know guys, If there could be some kind of settings that I should go, in order to resolve this problem.

I think Operating System is not the issue, because today, I was starting to do the Acronis True Image backup and it boot alone,..! like crashed.....and Acronis True Image, I booted with the CD.... it's out of Windows....

So I decided to secure erased both of my SSD just like ewarwoowar has posted here...

Another thing, I'd like you to confirm that is correct, that CrystalDiskInfo 3.7.0 doesn't show any of my SSD.... (they are on RAID0 now).

I say this because, that was the way I could see the temperature of my SSD before (when they weren't at RAID)....Is there another way I could see my temperature of both SSD?

Well, I hope I'd been explained well, I hope you guys could help me...

Well, the benchmarks look fine for a RAID array of those disks, at least to me.

I don't think the disks would directly cause a reboot, I'd be looking for motherboard or memory issues. Another reason could be some loose cables from the installation process.

Correct CrystalDiskInfo can't see RAID disks, only disks connected directly to the controllers.

I can't imagine temperature being an issue here, they dissipate MUCH less power than any rotating disk.

Well, the benchmarks look fine for a RAID array of those disks, at least to me.

I don't think the disks would directly cause a reboot, I'd be looking for motherboard or memory issues. Another reason could be some loose cables from the installation process.

Correct CrystalDiskInfo can't see RAID disks, only disks connected directly to the controllers.

I can't imagine temperature being an issue here, they dissipate MUCH less power than any rotating disk.

Thanks gunrunnerjohn for your soon answer...

I disconect the PC, and verify everything was in order... now I'm back at the PC, I hope that had been the issue..some cable suelto.........

By the way, at HD Tune Pro, first I got this screenshot at Info:

http://a.imageshack.us/img697/8059/050920101648.jpg

And after I applied Acronis True Image backup, it asked me to restart to applied some changes..and then my info tab looks like this:

http://a.imageshack.us/img844/6180/050920101639.jpg

How should it be?....Considering that I have a RAID 0 of two Corsair Extreme Series CMFSSD-64D1....

Thanks for your replies

Well, that's certainly odd. :sigh!:

I've never tried these drives in RAID, I have a single 128GB one in this system, and it's worked fine since I restored it from the previous disk to the SSD. I happen to have one of the Nova drives.

Thanks gunrunnerjohn for your answer, it seems like you were right... it looks like it was some cables that wasn't properly set...I hope that was the issue, because I hadn't experimented that issue again (at least for the last 6 hours)... :)

Thanks for all your help again and have a nice day !!!!!!!!!

i finally managed to get to the last windows of the ersaeprocedure on my x128. it took only 2 seconds to disappear again. the partition editor showed up with the following infos .

unallocated and a sda1 in fat32.before it had ntfs.

now: what does that mean?

sorry made a mistake, the partitions where gone and my ssd is back to its design speeds. thanks a lot.

the status ist still at 92%, won`t that change?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived