Corsair Community

HX620 RMA from UK

Paddy84

I've recently raised an RMA for my HX620 PSU which is failing to switch on. I received an email instructing me to send it to an address in the Netherlands for inspection. From the UK this is extremely expensive. Is there nowhere within the UK that I could return the product?

Best price from a quick google search shows up as £90 GBP for this model in the UK. Sending a parcel which weighs more than 2kg to the Netherlands costs £28 GBP. I've managed to get the parcel weight down to less than 2kg, but there's very little packaging for the PSU. to keep the total weight down. I'll see how much that costs to send today. I just hope it doesn't get damaged in transit.

The Netherlands depot is the closest Corsair RMA depot to you. You can always try RMAing it with your local reseller.

I don't think my local reseller would accept the return as I bought the PSU from them in September 2007, and they only accept returns on products within the first year. Luckily for me, Corsair has a 5 year warranty on this, but unluckily it seems, to pack it properly and send it back will cost me quite a lot. I'm pretty disappointed, firstly that it broke down, and secondly that I'm having to pay to return it.

Hi,

I've just had my own HX620 PSU fail on me quite dramatically and had to RMA it back to Holland from the UK at a cost of £29. I have now just received my replacement but as I have had to pay nearly half the cost of the orginal purchace price to get a replacement I am far from happy.

I must admit that it has defiantely put me off purchasing a Corsair PSU in future if I have to stump up such a cost to return what must have been a faulty piece of equipment.

Very disappointed as this is the first PSU to ever fail on me and I paid a lot of money to get 'The best' to ensure against such things occuring.

Do Corsair refund shipping costs on faulty items?

As you have already found out, you pay for shipping to them and they pay for shipping back. It's up to you how you ship it to them, and you can always see if your reseller will help RMA it via their distributor which can save you from needing to pay shipping.

I'm in the same boat, it's pretty annoying, and I don't think I'll be buying any more Corsair PSUs or heavy products as long as this is the case. My second HX620 has failed I believe (though there's been no real reply to my thread), and it's pretty irritating it's going to cost this much again to get a replacement.

Archived