Corsair Community

HX750W Fan keeps spinning on shutdown?

Alloneword

Last couple of days I've been trying to work out what PSU to get and it looks like the HX750 has come out on top but i did notice a neat feature that came with another PSU and wanted to know if the HX750 has it anywhere.

When you shut the system down the fan keeps on spinning for a few seconds (15 or 30 i think it was) this was done via a switch but i was wondering if the 750 can do this in any way or not?

Also while I have your attention can anyone confirm the warranty in the UK is still 7 years? I think it is but just want to be 100% sure.

All1 :D:

I don't think any Corsair PSU's come with that feature. And let me be honest here, its a total gimmick. Your PC isn't going to get any hotter when its off, and the heat left after the fans turn off isnt going to cause any issues whatsoever.

I don't think any Corsair PSU's come with that feature. And let me be honest here, its a total gimmick. Your PC isn't going to get any hotter when its off, and the heat left after the fans turn off isnt going to cause any issues whatsoever.

I don't think the issue of the fan running after shut down is anything to do with keeping case temp down more the PSU itself and to be honest it makes sense to me in "theory", if it will extend the lifetime of the PSU who knows, just seemed like a nice feature to have maybe Corsair will adopt it over time but it still won't stop me buying the HX750 today.

Thanks for the comment Wired I was fairly sure it would cover me in UK but nice to get it confirmed.

All1

• Corsair Employee
Fear is right. If the PSU is working to provide power to the fan, then the transformer is creating heat continuously. Keep in mind that the fan can't use the power directly from your wall outlet; the transformer needs to convert input voltage (100~240v) down to 12v.

Archived