Corsair Community

How secure is the H50 mounting mechanism?

fawkes

From what I've seen in photos, it appears that the pump / water block assembly is twisted into the CPU bracket, then held in place by friction (the little wedges pressed against each other).

This gives the impression that the thing could be dislodged or removed with a simple hard twist. Is there some other mechanism keeping it in place? Ideally a method that requires a tool?

• Corsair Employee
The bracket locks the unit in place. You screw the bracket on lightly, insert the pump/heatsink twist it into place and then lock down the bracket. There would be no way for the pump to be twisted off unless you loosen up the screws of the bracket.

Thanks, RAM GUY. :)

It looks like there might be little teeth on the underside of the wedges on the CPU bracket, which fill the tiny gaps on the wedges of the pump assembly -- but I can't tell for sure. Am I right about this?

Thanks, RAM GUY. :)

It looks like there might be little teeth on the underside of the wedges on the CPU bracket, which fill the tiny gaps on the wedges of the pump assembly -- but I can't tell for sure. Am I right about this?

Sorta of! The pump assembly fits into recesses on the mounting bracket, there is more then friction holding the pump assembly in place. I guess if you tried hard enough you could probably twist it off, but it would be more pressure then I will ever put on it. It is as secure as most mounting systems I have seen for Heat sinks.

Archived