Corsair Community

Corsair DDR 3 1600C7DHXIN G Is it XMP or not?

antonka

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will need to contact whom ever got you those modules. Or call our customer service at 510-657-8747 Ext "0" or send them and email with your previous RMA number rmaservice@corsairmemory.com

Hi Ramguy, How to distinguish between Intel and non Intel sticks??

Here is what was written on both kits:

1) Corsair 4,026 GB

08170263 TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN G

2) 08121066

16444-843591000581-1173864960

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN G

If I get next replacement how to check if it is XMP? Why these modules are not programmed for XMP as it is stated on the package??

Hi Ramguy, How to distinguish between Intel and non Intel sticks??

Here is what was written on both kits:

1) Corsair 4,026 GB

08170263 TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN G

2) 08121066

16444-843591000581-1173864960

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN G

If I get next replacement how to check if it is XMP? Why these modules are not programmed for XMP as it is stated on the package??

The "IN" = Intel and is supposed to be XMP programmed. RAM GUY will fix you up.

Hello,

Before sending it back as RMA I decided to get 3rd exchange and received new sticks but the problem still remains. Exactly the same issue. No XMP. Does anyone know what that means??

Is there another program to check if sticks have XMP profile on it? CPUZ does not see it.

THank you for all the help.

Hello,

Before sending it back as RMA I decided to get 3rd exchange and received new sticks but the problem still remains. Exactly the same issue. No XMP. Does anyone know what that means??

Is there another program to check if sticks have XMP profile on it? CPUZ does not see it.

THank you for all the help.

It sounds like a problem with the MOBO or the bios. Can your shop check the modules to see if the XMP profiles show up in a different MOBO?

Shop can only check it next week. Is there another software to check XMP profile? I have suspicion on CPUZ. It shows wrong CPU Ghz, multiplier and voltage.

And how to explain MOBO was showing XMP on another corsair sticks DDR3 1800?

Remove CPU-z and reinstall. If the same issue remains, then

Download Everest Trial Version from here -->

Install Everest and run the program. Look to --> Motherboard --> SPD and in there you will see the DRAM speeds and specifications.

Remove CPU-z and reinstall. If the same issue remains, then

Download Everest Trial Version from here -->

Install Everest and run the program. Look to --> Motherboard --> SPD and in there you will see the DRAM speeds and specifications.

Hi DerekT,

I did as you said and nor CPUz neither Everest shows XMP in SPD. When I spoke to shop they told me that probably my MOBO can nor read XMP although it is choosable in BIOS. If it would really be so would XMP profile appear in CPUz and Everest or not? Again MOBO was showing XMP on ddr3 1800 . look here my first thread. http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=351575&postcount=23

Now I got reply from shop that they can`t check my memory now as they do not have proper MOBO. I am really tired of breaking my head why DDR3 1600 does not show XMP and think about getting DDR3 1800 again. What do you think?

Hi,

Thank you but I decided to give it back to shop completely since it seems this is general issue of this memory sticks incompatibility with ASUS P5E3 Deluxe. Can you excalate this to ASUS? I think they have to improve their BIOS.

RMA takes a long time (1 month) and I have already paid a lot of money for all components. I will see if Mobo will recognize DDR3 1800 XMP and will post the result here. Thank you for support anyway!

Hi,

Yes I did. System works at 1600 now but not stable. I changed

CPU multiplier 7,5

FSB 400

PCIE freq 100

DRAM frequency 1601

7-7-7-20

Dram static read control DISABLED

Dram static write control DISABLED

CPU voltage 1,32

CPU PLL voltage 1,6

DRAM voltage 1,9