Corsair Community

550VX Fan noise

gxmikey

How much fan noise is typical for a 550VX? Of all the components in my system, the power supply fan tends to be the loudest. I could live with a bit of fan noise if the pitch wasn't such an annoying frequency.

I stopped each fan in the system by unplugging it where applicable and starting the computer to isolate which fan was making the sound. With all the fans off except the power supply fan I could hear the fan noise clearly.

Should I have gotten the HX instead or is this an out of spec power supply?

Thanks!

Our VX lines are VERY quiet typically. If you have one with such an audible noise level, you may want to replace it. We'll gladly RMA it if you like or you can check with your retailer. If you do want to RMA with us, use the link in my signature for I THINK I HAVE A BAD PART and start a TSX Express case for RMA. Sorry you got a loud fan :(:

Thanks specmike, I'll take you up on the RMA.

By the way, as a side-note, the primary reason I bought a corsair product is the level of effort you and *beards, RAMGUY and all of you spend on this forum, and especially other enthusiast forums like the abit forums, hardocp etc. I was confident I'd get stellar support if I had any problems. I think all of you do a great job keeping the pulse of the community and showing that you care about the quality of your product and the reputation it has earned, and even if I had problems with my part, I have no qualms whatsoever recommending it to others.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

I think all of you do a great job keeping the pulse of the community and showing that you care about the quality of your product and the reputation it has earned, and even if I had problems with my part, I have no qualms whatsoever recommending it to others.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that :o: We try really hard and this is EXACTLY why Corsair hired me. Sorry you had the issue and thanks for being cool about it :sunglasse

RMA#: 340401

I remember reading in the forums here about an option to give a CC# so that I can have it shipped without losing the computer for a few days (which would drive me nuts). Is there any way to specify that?

You'll need to speak directly with customer service to see if you have that option.

888-222-4346

You're not alone gxmikey, the fan in my 550VX is surprisingly loud as well, especially when I'm gaming. It starts making rhythmic "WA WA WA WA" sound too and that gets quite annoying. But it seems that you Corsair support guys are saying it should be quieter than this. Should I complete an RMA as well?

Archived