Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme & TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX G

Fromsweden

You are getting errors in Memtest with one module and not the other. Correct? Can you test these modules in another machine. If that module that is producing errors in your machine, errors in another, then it is time for an RMA I would think.

Yep, And that module that produced errors is not currently present in my system at this time.

I will se how I can get ahold of another system with DDR2 slots.

It seems that it is not that easy for me to get ahold of a system with DDR2 where I can test the suspicious memory module.

Question:

If I moved memory module nr 2 the only one which I now have in my system and that have not produced any errors in memtest to slot A1 where the faulty memory module was sitting and run memtest on that, would that be sufficient?

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

I Tried with module number 2 in slot number 1 last evening and then there was no errors, so that is an indication that one of the modules are faulty.

I spoke with the reseller here in Sweden. They agreed to replace the modules. But even If I offered to let them deduct their value from my credit card they could not send modules before I've sent in my modules. A little bit restrictive I think. Especially hard since I still have the work of reinstalling the entire OS.

Would it be possible if I let you deduct the value of new RAM modules from my creditcard that you can send me new modules, and when I have returned the old ones you withdraw the debitation?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my friends, I am awaiting delivery of my new memory capsules. They are of the exact same type as the old ones.

I bought a spare Memorymodule of 512mbyte and I am using it while Waiting for replacement.

If you have the time, I have one question:

When I get the replacements modules, should I use the settings specified below:

Set to:

Tcl:5

Trcd:5

Trp:5

Tras:18

2T Timing.

Set the Vdimm to 2.1v

Or any other settings?

(Except disable legacy USB while testing the new capsules, of course.)

OK NP Please let me know, but how do you know you are having problems if you do not have them yet?

Well, its more I want to be sure to not have any problems, can I use the default/auto settings in BIOS for the replaced modules? Or should I use the settings above?

The exact marking is the same as the old ones, which is/was:

TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX G

Thank you for your time.

• Corsair Employee
Just load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and then exit the BIOS before you change the modules, then after you install them do the same thing load setup defaults and set the tested settings and voltage.

Just load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and then exit the BIOS before you change the modules, then after you install them do the same thing load setup defaults and set the tested settings and voltage.

Aha ok, and when setting the tested settings I should set:

Tcl:5

Trcd:5

Trp:5

Tras:18

2T Timing.

?

Well my friends, seems I have no luck with the new modules.

I followed the instructions. The first time I was running memtest 1.70 I got errors again. When the test was at 40%.

After this I loaded Setup defaults. Left everything but the Voltage at their Automatic values. (The voltage I Set at 2.1)

I got errors when 40% was passed again.

I Loaded setup defaults and reinstalled the temporary memories I bought. They passed memtest and I am running them again.

Am I doing something wrong?

I use a wrist strap that is grounded in the computercase that is also grounded via grounded outlet. (The computer is turned of via the PSU when exchanging memories.)

Well my friends, seems I have no luck with the new modules.

I followed the instructions. The first time I was running memtest 1.70 I got errors again. When the test was at 40%.

After this I loaded Setup defaults. Left everything but the Voltage at their Automatic values. (The voltage I Set at 2.1)

I got errors when 40% was passed again.

I Loaded setup defaults and reinstalled the temporary memories I bought. They passed memtest and I am running them again.

Am I doing something wrong?

I use a wrist strap that is grounded in the computercase that is also grounded via grounded outlet. (The computer is turned of via the PSU when exchanging memories.)

If it has not been posted, you need to disable Legacy USB Support when running Memtest on an ASUS board as this setting has a conflict with Memtest.

Im not sure if those modules are exactly the same as the ones I have , but there is a thread floating about here with the settings I was advised to use from either Derek or the Ram guy, and now the PC is rock solid. Mine were the twin 6400 DHX's and I had no end of problems, random lock ups etc. But now, all perfect (touch wood)

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and set the tested settings manually Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2 T Command Rate and set the TRC to 24 then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived