Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D wont post at 1066mhz w/ no errors on memtest

Domy

I ran the test seperatly with both sticks for 3 passes and no errors with legacy disabled. -->I can boot off of one stick at 1066 with no problem<--. I tried the 2 white slots and that didnt work either.

I did run prime95 and i ran a blend test which resulted the first test it tested with alot of memory and worker threads 1,2, and 4 had failed and it said it was a hardware failure? whats that mean..... but right now my pc plays games and runs like mach 100 with no problems.....

Runnin a 1:1 ratio is nice at 800mhz but when im underclocking, it isnt so nice especially for what i need it to run at 1066 heh :/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah thats the settings i did have it at, but not at the moment because your tryin to fix this memory speed/boot problem.

Current:

All defaulted except memory stuff.

cpu is defaulted at 266 = 2.4ghz

memory is at 800mhz

All other info is correct in profile, appologies

I did run memtest a day or 2 ago for 3 passes on each stick and it did pass with legacy off at those settings i currently have to normal. How long should i let it run to be 100% sure? maybe wasnt long enough? Just leme know and i will start right away :)

While im waitin for you to let me know if i ran enough passes with memtest, I tried the 4-4-4-12 @800mhz and it boots fine and runs fine.

Pics of my new corsair badge on the lower right side, second badge to the top and my memory and the Corsair cooling fan! Thought it might help seeing the memory maybe :D: but not to throw our communication off, the post above is where i left off.

IMG_0800.thumb.JPG.c5d2576851db674e4ff0c53274f985ac.JPG

IMG_0804.thumb.JPG.2d174f8337248dfeef428f3b4a58ab94.JPG

Oh, no i didnt run memtest at CAS4, i ran it at 5-5-5-15. I was waiting for ram guy or anyone from corsair to tell me how many passes i should of done on memtest. So your saying basically try uping the NB first to what extent of voltage you think? Then if that doesnt work run memtest at 4-4-4-12 and for how many passes?

I will run the tests for a few hours each on each stick later this evening/night at 4-4-4-12 @800mhz and will post results asap.

Stock NB voltage is 1.25 and increments of 0.2

Would Transaction Booster/Boost Level, AI Clock Twister, Loadline Calibration, or DRAM Static read control play any part by chance? theres all these features i been reading up on and they all deal with the memory. This motherboard has so many options.....

Omg! ok so increasing the NB voltage didnt help, but i have better news. I said in earlier posts that my pc would boot with 1 stick in it at 5-5-5-15 2.1v 1066mhz, well i did that again and it didnt boot off of the 1 stick so im like "oh great" that doesnt even work now. So i take it out and switch it with the other stick and it boots fine and im like wtf. Then i shut down, put in the bad one again in replace of the one that booted fine and doesnt post, i take it out again and put the working one in its place and it boots and runs pc just fine! Ram guy!!! i have a bad part!!!!!

RMA, you do agree? because i do :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep ya guys updated, I ordered another pair of XM2 pc8500 kit and it runs fine at 1066mhz at 5-5-5-15 2.1v now. SO, when i get my new replacements back from rma i will have 4 gigs :). I am looking all over and found some others that are running 4 gigabytes of memory at 1066 without underclocking to 800mhz, hopefully my board does the same. Any feedback of knowing this of the maximus formula board i have would be helpful, thanx. Just ordered the QX9560 due to having the support on this board for the new 45nm processors so i am interested in seeing how much better these "extreme" processors" are, especially running it at 4ghz speed at 1.31v!

P.S I heard that the asus maximus formula overvolts by .3 or something automatically for stability. I downloaded probe to view voltage readings from my desktop and memory says its 2.2 but i have it set at 2.1 in the bios? which is correct????

As we noted in our introduction, the Maximus Formula provides four slots and support for up to 8GB of memory running at speeds of up to 1066MHz.

Yeah i will let you know when i get the new stuff in, hopefully that article i pasted is true :D:

Lol, i guess i mean a sentence from an article :laughing: Anyways I had to call rma because i put on the form 2x2048 instead of 2x1024, so when they opened the box and take the memory out and its 2 - 1 gig sticks instead of 2 -2 gig sticks from what it says on the print out lol. He was like yeah we got it, theres a backlog -no clue what that refers to- and it will be shipping out tomorrow = today. I didnt ask if they were shipping me back new ram because all he said was we will ship it out tomorrow. For some reason I have a little feeling i confused him and hes sending me back my old ram when i explained the issue on the form that was in the box... i hope its new replacement stuff :)

Archived