Corsair Community

Problems with new PC Asus P5N-E SLI and TWIN2X2048-8500C5D G

flupke

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
I would check the stepping of your CPU if it is a "GO" stepping then that BIOS should support it. However if it is something else you may need to get e newer BIOS from the MB Maker and what you have posted would suggest a BIOS or MB problem. I would check with the MB maker and see what they say.

• Corsair Employee
I would check the stepping of your CPU if it is a "GO" stepping then that BIOS should support it. However if it is something else you may need to get e newer BIOS from the MB Maker and what you have posted would suggest a BIOS or MB problem. I would check with the MB maker and see what they say.

The CPU is a B stepping Revision G0.

I contacted Asus who are telling me to contact Corsair to see if the memory is compatible with the motherboard. I assume that I can tell them that it is. Please let me know.

Thanks

No I have not tried memtest one at the time. I have tried one at the time in the system with no problem. Let me run memtest one at the time and I will let you know. I have the mem settings as 5 5 5 15 2t volt 2.2. Any else is default. That's correct?

Thanks

I tested both memory modules with memtest. No errors when set to default with 5 5 5 15 2t and 2.2 volt on either one. If i piush the memory bus to 1066 MHZ I start getting 50000 and counting errors in no time on test #5. Only have tried this on one of the two memory modules. Does this tell me anything?

Thanks

Will try the second one at 1066 Mhz

I tested the second module at 1066 Mhz and only got 6 errors after 37 passes. They are at 0.8 MB two in test 4 in pass 0 and 4 in test 3 in pass 1. Since then not a single error.

Now I don't know what to do at all? Do I have bad memory and a bad MoBo?

You need to test with 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 and 2.1v. You are not clear about what your settings are at when testing.

Memory Timing

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

CPU FSB: 333

CPU Multi: 8

DDR FSB: 1066

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD: Auto

tRC: Auto

tWR: Auto

tWTR: Auto

tREF: Auto

Async Latency: Auto

CMD: 2T

CPU Spread Spectrum: Enabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Enabled

MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum: Enabled

SATA Spread Spectrum: Enabled

LDT Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Enabled

Limit CPUID MaxVal: Enabled

Enhanced C1 (C1E): Enabled

Execute Disable Bit: Enabled

Virtualization Technology: Enabled

Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Enabled

LDT Frequency: 5x

PCIEX16_1 Frequency (Mhz): 101

PCIEX16_2 Frequency (Mhz): 101

PCIEX16_3 Frequency (Mhz): 101

SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, Mhz: 201

Voltages

Vcore = Auto

Vdimm (DRAM Voltage) = 2.2v

1.2v HT: Auto

NB Vcore: Auto

SB Vcore: Auto

CPU VTT: Auto

Ramguy I continue to have memory problems. The tests do not pass for both modules at 1066 Mhz. I have also noticed that memtest records slightly different speeds for both modules whether I set them at 800 MHZ or 1066 MHZ.

Can we RMA this set so I can try another. The system worked fine for most of the day yesterday, today I get crashes every 10 minutes or so. I did not change anything in my setup.

:confused:

I don't know about a friend with a Mobo that takes DDR2. I will try and see if I can find one. As far as the bios I am running the next to last one. 0608 not 0703. The Asus forums recommended against running the latest, but I will try and see what happens. I can always go back.

Everything runs fine when I only set 5-5-5-15-2T and voltage at 2.2 running at 800 MHZ. If I push the memory bus with the same settings to 1066 MHZ and leave everything the same that is when the system crashes and locks up.

• Corsair Employee
That might be the BIOS, because if you had a failing module they will fail at any frequency. Not to mention I have see this type of problem with the 1333 CPU's and in fact some CPU's would need to have the latest BIOS on the MB to run properly. A good way to tell would be to check the VCore Voltage in hardware monitor. If its low then its not seeing the CPU properly.

Archived