Corsair Community

A78nx-d Xms C2 2700 Ram

Potempkin

MB: A78NX-D PC: AMD 2800 Barton MEM:1 GIG (2x512) XMS2700C2 I Have been running my computer in Single channel mode with no issues for about a year now. I decided to switch to Dual channel mode for the performance bump. When I place the memory modules in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 system will Post OK then lock up when computer boots. Is 2700 compatible? Should I just buy Twinx of the 3200? Thank you

Ok I finally managed to get some time to myself. These are my original settings CPU Ext Clock=166 Multiplier=12.5 100% Mem Freq Active Precharge 7 Ras to Cas 3 Ras Precharge 3 Cas Lat 2 Voltage 2.6 Changed Cas LAt to 2.5 and Voltage to 2.7 I changed these settings to the ones you outlined and when attempting to boot the computer got past the bios splash screen then froze.

Changed Cas LAt to 2.5 and Voltage to 2.7 I changed these settings to the ones you outlined and when attempting to boot the computer got past the bios splash screen then froze. From the message above......I havent tried anything different yet other than the settings you suggested. Any more Ideas?

• Corsair Employee
I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not fialing. If they both pass one up. Please test them with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] together.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not fialing. If they both pass one up. Please test them with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] together.[/QUOTE] They passed each alone.....They also passed together but I only tested banks 1 and 2. Should I try to test it in the Dual Set up? Last time it wouldent even go past POST.

• Corsair Employee
If the modules will run one up or with both modules in single channel mode but the MB will not post when in dual channel mode, that would suggest that your MB or chipset may have a problem. And I would suggest testing the memory on another system.

Archived