Corsair Community

Running Nautilus 500 24/7

brandysnap

It should be clarified specmike that the HydroCool used a pump that was originally designed for automotive applications if I am not mistaken. The Nautilus 500 uses a completely different pump (which is one of the most popular models used for PC water cooling applications) and has proved to be very reliable in its own right. :biggrin:

It should be clarified specmike that the HydroCool used a pump that was originally designed for automotive applications if I am not mistaken. The Nautilus 500 uses a completely different pump (which is one of the most popular models used for PC water cooling applications) and has proved to be very reliable in its own right. :biggrin:
I know which pump the Nautilus uses but, I have never actually checked the Hydrocool. My point is that we design our cooling solutions to be seemless 100% dependable solutions that the customer does not have to worry about failing. This rig is fine for 24/7 use over an extended period of time.

• 1 month later...
Before i go and spend good money on the Nautilus 500 kit, i was wondering if its ok for machine to be left on 24 hours a day?

Just how long is the lifespan of the pump/fan?

What would 'normal use' be considered as?

Typically, the pump has a mean run time of 50,000 hours before failure. In other words, it's the longest lasting pump rated in the industry at this time.

As for the fan, usually it depends on the bearing used. A sleeved bearing fan lasts the least amount of run hour time till failure. A single ball bearing fan lasts less than a dual ball bearing fan. Sleeved lasts about 10-20k hours, single ball lasts about 15-30k hours and dual ball lasts about 25-40k hours. Of course it varies somewhat from manufacture to manufacture.

In the HydroCool series of products for Corsair, the dual ball fans were chosen for longer life and the greatest flow nearing 110CFM.

As for normal use, 24/7 is by far the best since loading and unloading the fan or pump can place start up stress on any electrical component. Just make sure you keep the pump fluid changed once a year and vacuum the fan about three to four times a year.

Peace!

Stev

Archived