Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400 getting errors in memtest

bishes

The past couple weeks my computer has been experiencing random freezing and crashes and now it crashes every time I try to do something more than browsing the internet (but sometimes that causes it too). Sometimes the computer will last a day and a half before a crash but usually it only will last an hour or so.

I ran memtest last night and it didn't last 4 minutes before it game me 25 errors and froze up. I ran it again this time only lasting 39 seconds before it crashed. This morning I switched the memory cards in the DIMMs and it lasted more than 15 minutes but I still got some errors but it is working a little better. It still crashes but not as often. It is still unacceptable since I bought it less than 2 months ago.

I wouldn't mind an RMA but this is my only computer and I need it to stay running for school so I cannot afford to send the RAM in before getting a replacement. What are my options?

On ASUS MOBOs you must disable USB Legacy Support to run Memtest. Please set the memory voltage to 2.1v, set the timings manually, and test each module individually. Also, if you continue to have stability problems, you may want to look at the settings listed in post # 19 here: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=267771#post267771

I don't have the original packaging anymore since when I bought it from newegg it came with a mail in rebate and I threw away the plastic packaging. I do have some anti-static bags, would that be good enough if I packaged it properly?

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bump this needlessly, but I have a quick question about the RMA process. I shipped the RAM modules priority last Friday and right now I am out of town until Sunday and I have been since Wednesday. Since I am out of town I do not have access to my RMA# or service# but I would like to know if the new modules have shipped and if I should worry about somebody stealing the RAM from my doorstep. I have not received any emails with tracking info for the package so I do not know the status of the RMA. I would appreciate any insight on this but I understand if you don't have access to that information.

--Dan

update: According to your customer service folks you have not received the modules and according to USPS delivery confirmation it was in Oakland, CA on the 12th. I shipped it priority and I'm getting pretty nervous that nobody seems to know where it is :(:

I'm getting pretty frustrated. Here is what usps.com says about the shipment:

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0001 6029 4070

Your item was processed and left our OAKLAND, CA 94615 facility on November 12, 2006

I'm using memory I bought from bestbuy but I only have another week before I have to return it. Let's hope something happens soon :(:

I just remembered that I haven't heard anything about the $40 mail in rebate I should have gotten w/ the memory bought from newegg. this is definitely the LAST time I use usps for anything even remotely important :(:

I'm getting pretty frustrated. Here is what usps.com says about the shipment:

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0001 6029 4070

Your item was processed and left our OAKLAND, CA 94615 facility on November 12, 2006

I'm using memory I bought from bestbuy but I only have another week before I have to return it. Let's hope something happens soon :(:

I just remembered that I haven't heard anything about the $40 mail in rebate I should have gotten w/ the memory bought from newegg. this is definitely the LAST time I use usps for anything even remotely important :(:

woohoo, I just got the rebate check today!

I finally had time to call today and the gentleman I spoke with told me that he'll bring this to the shipping department's attention but that is all he can do.

I called usps again today and they told me that it is out of their hands and they they don't have any record of me getting insurance on it so they don't have to do anything. :(:

I finally had time to call today and the gentleman I spoke with told me that he'll bring this to the shipping department's attention but that is all he can do.

I called usps again today and they told me that it is out of their hands and they they don't have any record of me getting insurance on it so they don't have to do anything. :(:

Did you keep your reciept? Your purchase of insurance is printed on the shipping reciept you get. Or, did you pay USPS with a credit card?

Archived