Corsair Community

iCUE v5.14.93 Release Notes

Technobeard

23 minutes ago, erebuswarrior said:

I think everyone here would appreciate if you guys would allow downloading previous versions of iCUE. I've been using iCUE and corsair lighting hardware (fans, controllers, etc.) for awhile and never had issues with iCUE software until now. This latest version kept crashing after update. I ran the installer again and selected repair, which just did the same thing. It prompted to send the crash report which I did so hopefully you guys will investigate. Then I uninstalled iCUE, restarted PC, then installed this latest version of iCUE just for it to no longer allow my lights to work, and running the auto detect wizard, it reports no fans connected which is 100% false. All my fans to spin and work, but now I can't use iCUE to control my lights. I'm using a commander pro and commander core xt, and a corsair XD7 pump reservoir, and lost all control of lights and fan control with this latest version. I'm lucky I have a previous version of the iCUE software still downloaded to my PC.

Forgot to add that I'm also using a corsair k100 keyboard. The 5.13 installer I had from August of 2023 ended up just downloading the latest version instead, but good news, I was able to get the lighting, fan, and pump control to work again, and it's using my custom lighting and fan profiles so luckily I didn't have to spend forever setting up everything again.

Corsair, add me to the list off customers that are not happy with this ICUE update. In result of the update I was unable to even uninstall the old version completely which led to me being unable to install the new version.  The only reason I decided to update ICUE was because of an Windows update that messed with ICUE's ability to maintain fully functional RGB lighting. I rewrote my hard drive and reinstalled windows on a new partition. I installed ICUE after all updates and drivers were completed with my system. Now multiple fans (4) aren't working and my Keyboard isn't lighting up anymore. I've reseated every phase and PWN power connector as well my keyboard. After a restart, the issue remains. The issue seems to sprout from CORSAIR or MICROSOFT updates that are ultimately causing stability issues. None the less CORSAIR ICUE is NOTORIOUS for these ISSUES! I for one will be moving away from CORSAIR products for myself and my clients because of these issues. I've built systems using ASUS Armory Crate as the main RGB system for clients and they have had zero issues for years with WINDOWS updates.

I've been playing this game for a while and I know the next update will likely fix the issue. However, if anyone asked me, should I go CORSAIR Case/Lighting? I will answer, If you want to deal with  unstable software and potentially corrupt your registry leading to you needing to reinstall windows then go CORSAIR.

Please notify our forum when the update to fix this disaster is available.

Have an issue with my Commander Core XT in my Corsair 7000X RGB case, recently fan no 4 is no longer detected, the fan spins but there is no RGB. If I run the wizard, it will only show 2 fans and not 4, then I run the wizard again and 3 fans will be detected, selecting the manual option does nothing. How does such buggy software even get released? This crap should be removed and give us the option to use the earlier version that had no issues.

Even after removing iCUE my 4th fan (rear case fan) does not have RGB. These are the default fans supplied with the case.

WTH does this have to keep changing layout, almost every update you have to relearn how to use iCue.

Posted (edited)

Dear Corsair

Please could you offer the chance for users to revert to previous versions of software if the current version is unstable.  I don't know why you've gone down the route of Server Side only updates and not offer the updates separately; however, as you've chosen to do this then please offer the option to roll back, much like you can do with a faulty driver.

Or if you could provide a link to a previous version so people can manually revert back and give them the chance to stop automatic updates to avoid issues and stop people wasting their time on issues they shouldn't have to deal with, that would be nice.

If you are unable to do this, then please could you for the love of any and all deities please stop messing with the dashboard, and put it back in the next update, or give us better customization options as this recent update of having 2 gauges wide not 3 gauges wide (which is not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes by the way) has totally messed up my dashboard which I had on my second monitor and now I can't see half of what I used to.  Had I known this was going to happen I would've turned off automatic updates.  I know this a relatively small complaint to other issues other have reported, but I ask that you consider the above for others as a higher priority.

Thank you

Edited by TheMintyHippo

I have two envision pro scuf controllers and ever since the update the icue software crashes 2-3 seconds after I launch it. I have computer with all corsair components besides obviously the motherboard, gpu, and cpu. I could live without Icue if it werent for the fact I can't customize my controller without it. Why did you have to include the software for a scuf controller with icue. This is beyond frustrating and corsair has the worst customer service on this planet!!!! I have sent in countless reports after the software crashes. I did a clean install of windows on my 990pro m.2. I don't know what else to do. I AM NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM THE CORSAIR GROUP OF COMPANIES EVER AGAIN!

On 5/6/2024 at 6:32 PM, dxdy said:

Simple uninstall  iCUE v5.14.93 and

reinstall iCUE v4.33.138 release found my old profile, works for me.

i tried this but icue doesn't detects my aio as a diffferent model and my scuf envision pro doesnt get detected at all. 

For about the last year I've had next to zero issues with iCUE and now with the v5.14.93 release the LEDs on my Dominator Platinum DDR5 freezes and I have the red triangle with the message. 

"iCUE has stopped receiving data from DRAM. Please restart or power cycle your system to fix this problem."

This happens within minutes every time i open iCUE. Doesn't matter if I have iCUE set to start on boot or manually start it, it happens every time iCUE opens and I have to completely restart my system just for it to happen again. 

I did some testing and completely removed every trace of iCUE from my system and installed SignalRGB. I set it up and used it for two days with zero issues controlling the RAM. So I then installed iCUE v4.33.138 and again, no issues with the RAM. Tried v5.14.93 again and the exact same issue. I'm currently back on v4.33.138 with no issues.

Sad that a third part software (SignalRGB) has no issues controlling Corsair RAM but Corsair's own software has issues. 

And no I'm not running any other software like Armoury Crate

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Eeejut said:

Maybe this site could help someone
I have used this site a few times without issues, but it's your risk if you use it 🙂

Wouldn't recommend downloading from 3rd party site when it's available on our site.

As it states in the release notes, the download for 5.x is just an installer. So running any of the 5.x install files on that site would just download the latest version.

With the latest update to iCUE, we have changed how iCUE will be installed and updated. With iCUE’s new modular infrastructure, it will no longer consist of a single large package. Instead, users will be downloading a very small installer that, when started, will uninstall existing versions of iCUE and automate the downloading and installation of the necessary modules.

3 hours ago, Technobeard said:

Wouldn't recommend downloading from 3rd party site when it's available on our site.

As it states in the release notes, the download for 5.x is just an installer. So running any of the 5.x install files on that site would just download the latest version.

Maybe we would not resort to 3rd party web site, if you actually released software that actually works. So many bugs that never get addressed. issues that were not present in v4, occur in v5, you update the interface but ignore the real problems. Your software is a mess

• Like 1

They have added the v4 offline installer to the corsair iCUE downloads page. The problem with this is it doesn't detect or support the Scuf Envision Pro controller. On V5 the issue I'm having is that upon initial clean install of iCUE v5 it works great, I can import my profile, but I have to setup a few things. And then if I restart my computer, iCUE crashes everytime. Started closing software and stuff to see what was causing it. Checked the crash log and noticed a LOT of errors and things the software was trying to do but was reporting failed. At the very end was the scuf controller detection and services starting, and thats where it crashes. Unplugged the scuf controller and now iCUE v5 works no problem. Looks like corsair has some bad code to figure out with the scuf controller detection and services. Which is funny since it worked just fine on the previous version of iCUE. I use this controller daily and have a very custom iCUE profile to run my lights, fans, and pumps. I kinda need them to hurry up and fix this or release the version just before this one. v4 is not a valid solution.

After spending some time today clean uninstalling, clean installing a few times. I believe I've fixed it. After a clean install of the latest iCUE v5 before importing any profiles, I setup the very basics of the lighting layers etc. Then I did a forced firmware update on my Scuf controller because as soon as I plugged it in, it gave me a notification to update the firmware, but a simple check for updates showed it was already up to date however, the force firmware update complete successfully. I then imported my iCUE profile and started changing a few things around, and updating hardware profiles for all my Corsair stuff. After a restart with the Scuf controller still plugged in, there were no crashes.

Posted (edited)

Add me to the list of people having issues. 

1) I’m pretty sure iCue corrupted my Dominator Platinum RAM, resulting in system boot issues and one whole stick totally losing LED functionality, regardless of what slot it was in. I replaced with Dominator Titanium RAM, and the system is stable and RAM LEDs are working. I suspect iCue did this because of me trying to fix the red triangle error that constantly appeared on the RAM in this version of iCue. 

2) My ASUS Z690 Formula mobo shows in iCue, but I can’t actually control the lighting. I’ve made sure that iCue is in the first position in Armoury Crate’s LED Game Control settings. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the ASUS plugin. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury Crate and iCue. The mobo shows, but I can’t control the LEDs. 

3) My NVIDIA 4090 FE used to show as an ASUS GPU. It no longer shows at all. 

Edited by mapotter99

On 5/18/2024 at 6:29 PM, mapotter99 said:

Add me to the list of people having issues. 

1) I’m pretty sure iCue corrupted my Dominator Platinum RAM, resulting in system boot issues and one whole stick totally losing LED functionality, regardless of what slot it was in. I replaced with Dominator Titanium RAM, and the system is stable and RAM LEDs are working. I suspect iCue did this because of me trying to fix the red triangle error that constantly appeared on the RAM in this version of iCue. 

2) My ASUS Z690 Formula mobo shows in iCue, but I can’t actually control the lighting. I’ve made sure that iCue is in the first position in Armoury Crate’s LED Game Control settings. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the ASUS plugin. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury Crate and iCue. The mobo shows, but I can’t control the LEDs. 

3) My NVIDIA 4090 FE used to show as an ASUS GPU. It no longer shows at all. 

UPDATE:  I got the Asus motherboard working in iCue. I had to disable “Shutdown Effects” in Armoury Crate in the Motherboard device page. This is a totally different section of Armoury Crate than the Aura settings.

I hope this helps someone.  

This is why I a) read forums 1st before updating, b) do nothing for minimum 1 month even if all good news, and c) stay with what I got if still working fine - if it ain't broke, don't fix it golden rule

Am on iCue 5.12.97, dashboard and all settings working fine for Corsair AIO, rgb RAM, rgb fans, MSI motherboard, and nvidia GPU. Ignoring the red update reminder.

So on one hand, kudos to Corsair hardware - my 2014 H100i is STILL going strong, nearly 24/7 uptime for almost decade of use. Top end gaming rig turned media server shoved in a closet. Expected 3-5 years, desired 7, happily surprised faithfully chugging away 10+ years later. Hopefully my new gaming rig H150i gets same reliability (*only 10 months atm)

On other hand, Corsair software is barely 1 star out of 5. It's like whatever hiring standards used for the HW guys, do the same with SW. Because without insult, just facts, the biggest shooter in the foot to Corsair is themselves. Your own software is why I still refuse to buy any Corsair branded keyboards, mice, etc - despite really loving the mechanical feel.

Logitech, for all the pros and cons they have too, at least mostly have HW and SW integration working well between their products and GHUB. Please Corsair, hire some QA, better coders, or whatever voodoo ritual other brands do to get their HW vs SW integration done right.

I've installed iCUE 5.14.93 on MacBook pro m3 with OS Sonoma 14.4. Mute button on my headset Corsair Virtuoso mutes audio instead of microphone.

Both headset and dongle have latest fimware.

On 4/30/2024 at 1:21 PM, sger said:

Hello,

There is a bug with the latest update after restart iCue doesn't remember the latest cooling preset for example in my case I have 10 fans with iCue link h150i RGB Quiet after the installation of update resets 9 fans to Balanced profile. However switched to a custom cooling preset all good. Please fix this.

Same for me. I use a iCUE Link H150i RGB (360mm AIO). 
I have a total of 10 iCUE Link QX fans and most of them are set to custom cooling presets or custom static speeds...ALL of these are fine.

Issue using the "iCUE Link H150i RGB XYZ" presets for the x3 Radiator attached fans- where I use "iCUE Link H150i RGB Balanced" // "iCUE Link H150i RGB Extreme". 

• On any system restart or even wake from sleep these x3 revert to regular "Balanced" (aka the wrong one not even affiliated with Coolant Temp)
  • WORKAROUND[un-confirmed]: I've seen on Forums and Reddit that creating a custom Fan Preset and just setting it to the preferred Coolant Temp Based curve will stick. 

Hopefully a software update fixes soon. Not much value in Corsair designed fan curve presets if they do not stick! Bug was introduced with the recent updates.

P.S. I know iCUE is not perfect but its miles better than most brands RGB/Fan Control software. I spent hours yesterday with a friends PC and trying to configure Thermaltake- oh my god that software is beyond horrible.