Corsair Community

iCUE v5.14.93 Release Notes

Technobeard

• Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • One of the newest features (and changes in the user interface) is the implementation of Device Memory Mode
  • image.png.d1c2712715c8c5761a86f8eeba2ccc65.png
  • Device memory mode allows a product to be configured in iCUE in the ‘hardware state’. Previous iterations of iCUE require you to quit iCUE in order for a device to work in the hardware state. Hardware states for our devices allow for device behavior without a dependency on iCUE running in the background. Examples of hardware states include the color of lighting on your Fans and Coolers under ‘Hardware Lighting’ or Hardware Key Assignments for your mouse and keyboard.
  • When enabling Device Memory Mode, you can now customize your devices with the same hardware configurations without quitting iCUE to view the changes. This will make it easier for you to view and save your changes as you configure your devices
  • image.png.9b253de0618eecc220e4e0170e2d852f.png
  • Device Memory Mode does not change options (and their limitations) in the hardware state but it allows users to manage their configurations in a clearer and more accessible method.
  • iCUE now supports a limited number of Govee products. This allows users to detect and control Govee products in iCUE to synchronize with all iCUE-compatible devices. Features like per-LED lighting and iCUE Murals are compatible with Govee devices in the iCUE ecosystem. This feature can be found in Settings > Integrations:
  • image.png.85dfcbc00ea97dd1826c18d53828258b.png
    • For proper setup of Govee devices with iCUE, please follow the Setup Wizard exactly as described. You will need to enable LAN Control in your Govee mobile application as a part of the setup process.
    • The following products are supported in our initial release of Govee support:
      • RGBIC Pro Strip Lights
        • H619A - 5m
        • H619B - 7.5m
        • H619C - 10m
        • H619D – 27.5m
        • H619E – 210m
        • H619Z - 3m
      • RGBIC Neon Rope Lights
        • H61A0 – 3m
        • H61A1 – 2m
        • H61A2 – 5m
        • H61A3 – 4m
        • H61A5 – 10m
      • RGBIC LED Neon Rope Lights for Desks
        • H61C3 – 3m
        • H61C5 – 5m
        • H61C2 – 2m
      • Glide Hexagon Light Panels
        • H6061
    • Additional Govee products will be supported in future iCUE releases
  • Viewing profiles are no longer collapsable – they are now shown vertically for easier edits
  • Updated CPUID SDK to the latest version
  • HARPOON PRO will now properly show up as a device in Murals
  • Resolved some issues with modules not properly uninstalling when deleted
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the NVIDIA BROADCAST’s “Learn More” hyperlink from opening correctly
  • Toggling Lighting Layers will no longer cause the selection to auto-select the last layer
  • iCUE LINK Hydro Coolers in White will now show the proper image in Murals
  • Profile names can no longer be blank
  • Any iCUE application restart notifications will now show the device associated with the request

View full version

You forgot "completely changed dashboard layout/column count and now everyone's setup is messed up"....

Seriously though why did you guys completely change the width and column count of the dashboard. At least make it an option rather than forcing it on everyone.

Hi Corsair,

This update seems to have bricked my "Commander pro" module. I've done all of my general trouble shooting and tried to update but nothing works.  I'm sitting here with important stuff to do and no case fans. Any ideas please??

... I shouldn't have enabled auto install updates. This rendered my Commander Core Xt useless! It can't "find" any of the rgb fans that I've had running fine prior to the update...

I tried auto detect and manual detect, neither work..

This screwed up my commander core xt , now it won't detect all of my fans.  It only detects 1 out 4 fans.  The prior version of icue detected them all.  Now my computer looks like crap with only 1 fan lighting up.  I wish you would get this software working right.  This has to be the worse software I have ever tried to use.

My Commander core module doesn't work either and my H100I Elite Capellix needs a firmware update which can't be done, probably because the CoCore doesn't work. I've additional 4 rgb-fans.

...And two more things in addition, your testers should have tested other languages before making a release. I'm from Austria and unfortunately we speak German, so there's no ‘Next’ button. French, Polish, etc. will certainly be even wilder.

And the other thing is, how mentioned before from -V-. Why is the dashboard so confusing? Why can't the font be read properly - Is the ICUE update designed for 8-inch displays?

I've attached some screenshots for you.

Thank you in advance! I hope for a bugfix soon :)

Many wishes from Vienna 🙂

icue_2024_1.PNG

icue_2024_2.PNG

icue_2024_3.PNG

icue_2024_4.PNG

icue_2024_5.PNG

icue_2024_6_en.PNG

ICUE plugin for the Stream Deck is no longer working. Cannot display ICUE sensors or change ICUE profiles from the Stream Deck.

Stream Deck Plugin v1.5.220 (Marketplace shows this as the latest version)

The green "Corsair Sails" icon is a multi-action (2 states) with a ICUE profile set to either button state.

ICUE.png.1ee4f5c364c99b5c1315a2257901746f.png

Edited by BlaiseP
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, - V - said:

Seriously though why did you guys completely change the width and column count of the dashboard.

Font size and spacing changed with this release.  The new fonts and spacing are larger and thus tiles and dashboard widgets take up more space.  It's going to push everything down the app window a bit.  People with a decent number of devices will need to scroll down or increase the app window.  This would have been a really good time to finally allow the app windows to retain it's user specified size and position on launch, like nearly every other program in existence.  

• Like 1

I've noticed that this version keeps adding multiple fans for my mobo should only have 4 in use plus AIO pump as well as 2xCPU headers at the moment ive got 10 listed multiple duplicates same issue with temps.

I liked the device's memory mode, and rearrangement of the interface, now ddr4 memory responds quickly when selecting hardware backlight, like other devices

This update broke my icue.. all internal components were no longer detected like memory, Commander pro, fans, CPU, cooler, etc..
I was also unable to remove the icue or even reinstall it.

Edited by ruben306

Four issues I have:

1. iCUE still creates an empty folder on the C:\ drive called "CUE5" with a folder inside "ProgramData" with a folder "logs." I believe this should be "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE5\logs" instead. It is recreated every time iCUE is launched.
2. The new icons on the home screen of iCUE should be able to be scaled. They're much too large now on resolutions like 1920x1080.
3. Allow us to adjust the images and title used on the ASUS Plugin for our motherboard and graphics card. I personally really dislike that it forces me to see a motherboard and graphics card I do not have.
4. Disconnect the iCUE Game SDK profiles. It adds 1100mb of garbage profiles on the PC which is not necessary. (This is located in C:\ProgramData\CUE5\GameSDKEffects) This should be an optional component, not a default component, seeing as it is never updated with new games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, c-attack said:

Font size and spacing changed with this release.  The new fonts and spacing are larger and thus tiles and dashboard widgets take up more space.  It's going to push everything down the app window a bit.  People with a decent number of devices will need to scroll down or increase the app window.  This would have been a really good time to finally allow the app windows to retain it's user specified size and position on launch, like nearly every other program in existence.  

My iCue window is full screen on my secondary monitor with 2560x1080 resolution. I agree with window size retain thing but that wouldn't solve the issue as im already using the entire display area and it still wont fit everything. The new spacing created more dead space than previous configuration. None of this would be an issue if it was OPTIONAL. I don't imagine it would be a huge undertaking to add a little slider in the dashboard settings and call it 'Layout Style" or something. Ofcourse the thing that would make the most amount of sense is to simply allow the users to resize everything however they want, I don't get why that part is so difficult.

I count myself lucky that this didn't nuke my commander xt or commander pro though as apparently people have this issue and it would have been a COLOSSAL pain if that happened. Especially since the commander pro is no longer manufactured. I would need to get 2 commander xts to replace the functionality of the Pro. Still annoyed that they stopped making these, it was one of the best controller units i've ever come across.

1 hour ago, Apart said:

4. Disconnect the iCUE Game SDK profiles. It adds 1100mb of garbage profiles on the PC which is not necessary. (This is located in C:\ProgramData\CUE5\GameSDKEffects) This should be an optional component, not a default component, seeing as it is never updated with new games.

You are lucky by the sound of it, I installed this system a week ago and the size of my GameSDKEffects folder is 1.9gb

That is crazy and I have none of those 46 games!

Untitled.png

Edited by Electronic Punk

Hello,

There is a bug with the latest update after restart iCue doesn't remember the latest cooling preset for example in my case I have 10 fans with iCue link h150i RGB Quiet after the installation of update resets 9 fans to Balanced profile. However switched to a custom cooling preset all good. Please fix this.

This update has made my H100i elite cappelix pump's lights complete lose control. The pump still works fine, but I can't change the lights at all and it looks like it dimmed or shut half of them off. Was working completely fine two days ago

Updated to iCue 5.14.93

First thing I noticed, the dashboard is now a complete mess! Sensors were displayed on 3 columns. Now they are displayed on 2 columns only and it takes much more space.

Please add an option to toggle between 2 and 3 columns display.

Before update, I was able to fit all my essential sensors on the dashboard with the default app size.

spacer.png

With the new iCue 5.14.93, the dashboard takes much more space and it doesn't fit in the default screen size anymore.

spacer.png

Sadly, the new update still does not support the RGB setup of the RTX 4090 and 4080 Founders Edition cards like the RTX 3090 and 3080 Founders Edition cards are supported.

• Like 1

This version crashes on start after the update and then refuses to start no matter what.  I tried to reinstall, but that crashes too.  I tried to repair, but that also fails.  The last version works perfectly.  Had to roll back and now it's back to normal. Sent in reports.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1

Commander CORE XT 4pin wizard when you select manual setup it auto scans. It's completely bricked and half my RGB I can't get back now. Please revert this back. Every thing that used to be on the 4pin aRBG, now shows on the one 3 pin on the side which is pointless.

6 hours ago, SoundMix said:

This version crashes on start after the update and then refuses to start no matter what.  I tried to reinstall, but that crashes too.  I tried to repair, but that also fails.  The last version works perfectly.  Had to roll back and now it's back to normal. Sent in reports.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I did a roll back too and all good work again. 
How is possible corsair launch a update that destroys the icue!!

• Like 1

Dear technical support! please, help. In the latest updates, when using the backlight, working synchronously with each other after a while ceases to be synchronous… Someone begins to “lag behind”. Previously, everything worked correctly, I rolled back to version iCUE 4 and everything works, but after all subsequent versions of iCUE 5.12.97 they do not work. No matter what settings I make, after a while one of the sensors begins to lag and all my settings for synchronous lighting lose their meaning.
Lighting node pro (LL120)
VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL - DDR4
Where can I find the version - iCUE 5.11.96 please give me the link

PS sorry for my english.