Corsair Community

Does this mean my AIO pump has died?

I have a home built PC -- must be about 4 years old by now; Strix 270e motherboard -- Lots of corsair bits and pieces -- including a 240mm (dual fan) AIO colling pump. I believe it was an H100i? I can't tell from the markings.

It has been working fine until the other day when I rebooted the PC -- the UEFI BIOS said that the CPU fan was not detected. I reseated the CPU_FAN connector (which is connected to the pump), but no joy. Jumping into the BIOS settings, the CPU fan is marked as N/A and the CPU temp started to rise very quickly. 

I have no qualms about replacing the pump (though I'll probably use the H150i with 3 fans instead of two), but wanted to make sure that there is nothing else that might be wrong ... like a motherboard sensor, or some such.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by wimcolgate
typo

1 hour ago, wimcolgate said:

the UEFI BIOS said that the CPU fan was not detected. I reseated the CPU_FAN connector (which is connected to the pump), but no joy. Jumping into the BIOS settings, the CPU fan is marked as N/A and the CPU temp started to rise very quickly. 

That is the standard behavior when the pump is not running.  There is no "off setting" except on older motherboard voltage controlled models.  You can shut it down unintentionally by setting a DC voltage (fan speed) to less than the required start voltage.  However, that's not something that just happens except perhaps on a new BIOS load or if you reset your fan curve for MB controlled models.  If your "H100i" has a SATA connector for power, this cannot be the cause.  

Highly likely that unit has reached it's end.  Other than making sure power is delivered to the pump (SATA or PWM connector), there isn't anything you can do.