Corsair Community

h150i icue link not lighting up or showing in icue

RubyPK
Go to solution Solved by RubyPK,

Just made a build with all icue link fans and parts. I have a total of 10 icue fans, 7 case fans 3 on the AIO and I have Corsair 6400 DDR5 Ram. I have the 7 case fans on the right side of the link hub and I have the AIO and its fans plugged in on the other side of the hub, so theyre all supposed to be getting the correct amount of power. Everything is plugged in correctly, I've tried different cables, reseating everything, literally everything physically. However I have a red triangle on the LCD screen and the fans are not getting any color, as well the AIO and the fans on it are no longer showing up on icue. I've been trouble shooting the past 2 days and this is making me lose my mind, is it broke? Do I just need to return it and get a new one? Is there an easy fix I don't know about? I've force updated icue, uninstalled it reinstalled it, stopped corsair in msconfig, restarted, turned them on, restarted. I have done everything I can think of and have found online easily. In icue when I go to software updates it DOES show LCD Cap for LINK coolers pump display is downloaded, so it is seeing it somehow im assuming. If anyone knows anything I'd greatly appreciate it, I don't wanna go through the trouble of uninstalling, returning, reinstalling

TLDR/Recap: AIO and the fans on new h150i LCD icue link cooler are not showing in icue. LEDs on the aio fans not working either. the 7 other case fans and ram and link controller are showing absolutely fine. image.thumb.png.52384eae2d8b7752a18ec8cbedbb71d1.pngimage.thumb.png.037f545e75696cde3371a27fab22a6c0.pngimage.thumb.png.d87e2ee0de8af65b82be30dd6b05e87e.png

4 hours ago, rjohnson11 said:

You need to make sure you have split the devices so that not more than seven devices at a time are in use. The hub has two connect points. One on the right and one on the left. Split the devices for both connections. 

Yeah I made sure of that. the AIO and its fans are on one side and the 7 other case fans are on the other 

There are some strange power and configuration issues going on lately with the Hub.  Power down and deliberately disconnect the 7 fan side, then power up with just the AIO and the three on that side of the hub.  See if it detects then.  

The next step would be to swap the connector over the now vacant side to see if there is a problem with the current port.  We have seen one or two of those.  

The other common install misstep is you must connect the Hub to the AIO/Radiator port, then go from the adjacent port to the next fan in the series.  Some complaints about it not liking it in reverse order Hub -> Fans -> AIO.  It should detect automatically on the next load, but you can run the RGB wizard to force another try.  

10 hours ago, c-attack said:

There are some strange power and configuration issues going on lately with the Hub.  Power down and deliberately disconnect the 7 fan side, then power up with just the AIO and the three on that side of the hub.  See if it detects then.  

The next step would be to swap the connector over the now vacant side to see if there is a problem with the current port.  We have seen one or two of those.  

The other common install misstep is you must connect the Hub to the AIO/Radiator port, then go from the adjacent port to the next fan in the series.  Some complaints about it not liking it in reverse order Hub -> Fans -> AIO.  It should detect automatically on the next load, but you can run the RGB wizard to force another try.  

Update

Tried all these suggestions, now none of the fans are detected by icue, not a single one. all are spinning, still working. just not detected anymore. 

So the AIO chain side (AIO + LCD + 3 fans) is not detected on either side of the hub?  But the 7 fan side is detected on either side of the hub?

It will help if you can narrow it down to a hub or cable problem. Since the 7 fan side was working, using it on both sides may clear the Hub and point the finger at the AIO chain. This far we have seen a few bad hubs and some bad cables that once replaced correct all faults. You said you had been swapping cables and likely have spares, but it probably easier to prove both sides of the hub work (or do not) before doing more cable swapping. 

4 hours ago, c-attack said:

So the AIO chain side (AIO + LCD + 3 fans) is not detected on either side of the hub?  But the 7 fan side is detected on either side of the hub?

It will help if you can narrow it down to a hub or cable problem. Since the 7 fan side was working, using it on both sides may clear the Hub and point the finger at the AIO chain. This far we have seen a few bad hubs and some bad cables that once replaced correct all faults. You said you had been swapping cables and likely have spares, but it probably easier to prove both sides of the hub work (or do not) before doing more cable swapping. 

Yeah. The AIO and 3 fans are not detected on either side of the hub, but the 7 fans are showing up. The LCD cap is showing up as a detected device available for firmware updates but not showing up to customize. I just switched the cables on the AIO and that didnt fix it either. I've tried all 3 hubs I have and still nothing, I think at this point im going to end up returning the cooler, buy a new one, and take it from there, but thats my last resort. 

The AIO pump is working, the fans are spinning, just not lighting up or detected by icue 

NVIDIA_Share_INSmyQ93YJ.png

NVIDIA_Share_LBuwZGFzmG.png

Edited by RubyPK

There certainly seems to be an issue on the AIO side and  it can be the AIO signal junction at the edge of the radiator.  That seems to be the most probably at this point.  Interesting it passes power but not control or device communication.  Unfortunately, I don't think we know how it works exactly deep down yet, so all you can do is swap cables, fans, and port side to try and puzzle it out.  I think you've done what can be done.  

**Only other suggestion I have is the old Elite Capellix power cycle trick.  Shutdown the PC and flip the PSU off.  Then pop off the LCD cap on the AIO.  Remount the LCD and flip the PSU back on.  This will force the CUE Link hub to do a deep check on the next power on.  Start normally. 

This previously had been part of the LCD (!) troubleshooting steps. Presumably it still gets it's power and communication from the AIO block socket and I am not sure what effect a miscommunication there will have on the rest of the chain. 

Edited by c-attack

• Solution
10 hours ago, c-attack said:

There certainly seems to be an issue on the AIO side and  it can be the AIO signal junction at the edge of the radiator.  That seems to be the most probably at this point.  Interesting it passes power but not control or device communication.  Unfortunately, I don't think we know how it works exactly deep down yet, so all you can do is swap cables, fans, and port side to try and puzzle it out.  I think you've done what can be done.  

**Only other suggestion I have is the old Elite Capellix power cycle trick.  Shutdown the PC and flip the PSU off.  Then pop off the LCD cap on the AIO.  Remount the LCD and flip the PSU back on.  This will force the CUE Link hub to do a deep check on the next power on.  Start normally. 

This previously had been part of the LCD (!) troubleshooting steps. Presumably it still gets it's power and communication from the AIO block socket and I am not sure what effect a miscommunication there will have on the rest of the chain. 

Yeah, thanks for helping me, really meant a lot to have someone offer ideas and very least help me double check what I went over to be safe. Finally got a hold of Corsair chat and they said I should return it as well. Took it back to Best Buy today and just bought a new one. I like the link system, hate cables, not a great first introduction but adopters tax is adopters tax for a reason. Thank you man 

TL;DR for anyone in the future having this issue. Corsair chatted with me and walked me through troubleshooting. They recommended I return It and get a new one, which I ended up doing. Maybe there might be an easy fix in the future, but you might just have to return it.